Catering is a group of professionals who offers various services like preparing and serving different type of food and beverages, provides cleaning facilities in parties/marriages or any other functions. A person who handles the whole catering team is known as the Catering Manager. A Catering Manager does planning, organizing staff and preparation of food as per the hygiene standards. They also plan menu cards and select chefs according to the food to be prepared. They look after waiters and fulfill all the requirements of the guests and hosts. These are part of a catering manager job description.
Catering Manager Qualification and Skills
Education / Training:
- They should have bachelors of degree in Hotel Management.
- They should have diploma in catering also they need to learn management skills also.
- They should have practical experience of managing a catering team for 2 years.
The basic skills which are required to become a CATERING MANAGER are:
- They should be well behaved and good thinker.
- Leadership qualities.
- Good communication skills.
- Good managing skills and a good listener.
- They should not panic in case of over crowd and time shortage.
- Knowledge of different foods.
The catering business can be on large or small scale, but every caterer team requires a catering manager to handle and manage them. If a catering manager has the practical experience, he/she will be in demand by various catering companies. Students of the catering course can get placement in good catering companies/organizations during college at the high package. The annual salaries of the catering managers vary from $60,00 to $95,000.