Chiropractors are often called as doctors who are experts in the field of spinal health care. They are another option for health care providers who identify and treat problems of health associated with nervous system, muscular system and skeletal system.
They are the doctors who are experts in the function of joints and nervous system. They do not use any electronic medical equipment to cure their patients but uses their hands or some simple wooden blocks/sticks. Chiropractors mainly treat headaches, back pain, arm pain, leg pain, peripheral joint problems like impingements, strains, etc.
As well as they are also trained in nutrition and exercise, also they give advice to their patients regarding their health problems. Chiropractors treat patients to correct the spine or skeleton disorders that may disrupt the nerve impulses flow to different parts of the human body. Chiropractors do not make use of any drugs to cure their patients. The treatment of a chiropractor is slow and steady but also very effective. These are part of a chiropractor job description.
Chiropractor Qualification and Skills Required
- Some colleges and states require 4 years of school before entering into this field but usually students need 2 years of college before entering into the chiropractic college.
- A chiropractor should be registered and licensed; they can not be taken as chiropractors unless they have been registered.
- After completion of four years in a chiropractic college, they will receive a Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) degree.
- But in some states, a chiropractor must pass a basic science test then only he or she will get certified themselves.
Skills required by a Chiropractor
The basic skills which are required to become a Chiropractor are:
- They should have proper knowledge of various postures and positions of body.
- They should know how to handle the emergency conditions or if a patient is in severe pain.
- They should have interest in the health and wellbeing of the patients.
- They should have good listening skills and able to understand the patients demand and problems.
- They should have good power of observation to find the problem.
- They should manipulate their skills for the pregnant ladies and old people.
- They should have a good understanding of when to refer their clients to a qualified medical doctor.
The earnings of a chiropractor are good as they have a large client base. Most of the chiropractors are usually self-employed. The income of the chiropractor varies depending upon the number of clients. The annual income varies from $42,000 to $82,900.