The article mentioned below will give you a brief idea of what is the copywriter job description is all about. His work includes formulation of new words, slogans and various kinds of scripts/audio scripts mainly. This is done for promoting an idea, person, business, product, company or an individual. They are usually connected with the world of advertisement. Strong communicative and visualizing skills are needed like reading, writing and have an excellent command of English language and other abilities like proof reading and editing is also needed.
A copywriter has many fields to choose from where he can work. Like writing speeches, articles, sales letters, bulletins, and other market related promotional materials in form of different printed names and slogans on colored brochures and other packed products.
Advertisements of these above mentioned products are usually made accordingly to the client’s expectation and the main motive behind it is to lure a large number of audiences by making it more imaginative and sellable. The information provided is usually presented in an easy and accurate manner by him and the art director who are responsible for the presentation. It should comply with the ethical codes.
The process of copywriting goes through many different stages; it is done till the client is fully satisfied. They work hard in a team in order to finish given deadlines.
He should be computer savvy. They are in huge demand and work for all sectors which includes government and as well as private.
Their creative bend of mind can take them to places and an average copywriter can earn $59,000 in a year.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Copywriter:
• He has strong communicative and visualizing skills that are needed in reading and writing.
• He has an excellent command of the English language
• He has experience in proofreading and editing.
• He is usually connected with the world of advertisement, print, and media.
• His work includes writing of speeches, articles, sales letters, bulletins, and other market related promotional materials in the form of different printed names and slogans on colored brochures and other packed products.
• He has a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and other web technologies.
• Should have a Bachelors’s Degree in Arts.
• Should have a Masters Degree in the English Language.
• Degree in animation and graphics is an added advantage.
• Should have an experience of 0-5 years.
• Should have knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and other web technologies.
• Should be highly creative and introduce new innovative ideas as and when required.
• Should have excellent communicative and visualizing skills.
• Should work in a team in order to finish given deadlines.
• Having a background in advertisement field is an advantage in this profession.
• Excellent command over English as a Language is required.
• Excellent skills like proof reading, editing and writing are required.
• They are in huge demand and work for all sectors which includes government and as well as private.
• They are needed in advertising agencies, printing press, Print and media and various organizations.