The academic advisor gives information to the students about their careers. They tell them about the programs they can take based on the candidate’s academic qualifications. They help students with their career goals and help them in choosing a field that is good for them and aids them in building a bright career. They also interact with the parents of the students and share information with them about the career opportunities for their child. The academic advisor also provides information regarding the recruitment procedure and prepares guides which will help the student in choosing their field.
Academic Advisor Skills
- General Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be able to handle a large amount of crowd
- The academic advisor needs to provide relevant information to the students and parents.
- They must be capable to work in any environment.
- They need to handle critical situations by offering an excellent solution.
- Possess good Ability to work for hours constantly.
- Should be Hardworking and honest.
- Punctuality is required, so that work gets done on time.
- Possess human resource skills to conduct tests and interview students.
- Good in public relations.
- Knowledge about different career options, so that they can guide students for their future.
Academic Advisor Qualification
An academic advisor requires bachelor’s degree in the field of counseling or they can have master’s degree in business and administration. They can also opt for diploma courses in counseling.
- They don’t require any license for their work.
Academic advisors plays very important role in student’s life ,they council them and help them in choosing good career .They can get jobs in schools and universities in the counseling department and they also get a job in different companies who deals in counseling students.