This article will provide vital information on the administrator job description. An Administrator is a person responsible for the smooth operation of day-to-day accounting, financial, human resources and administrative activities of any organization. His duties cover a wide range and encompass all areas of the organization. The smooth operation and success of an organization depend upon the expertise of the administrator. He is the one who upholds the vision and mission of the organization and ensures that the set goals and objectives are achieved.
- Ensuring efficient and full utilization of all the resources of the organization.
- Planning, organizing and controlling all sorts of activities taking place within or outside an organization.
- Supervising the daily activities of the employees.
- Maintaining a healthy working environment that aids increased productivity.
- Ensuring acceptable quantity and quality of production.
- Recruitment, selection, and training of fresh employees according to the company guidelines.
- Communicating the company’s procedures and policies to the employees in very clear terms so that they understand their responsibilities and work in line with the expectations of the company.
- Managing salaries distribution efficiently to have a satisfied workforce.
- Continuous and regular evaluation of performance; giving rewards for excellence and pulling up in case of inefficiencies.
- Collecting feedback from all the departments on a regular basis and welcome suggestions for improvement.
- Ensuring the timely availability of all office supplies so that there are no stoppages or delays in work.
- Making sure that proper records and data are maintained regarding the company’s activities, whether they are related to HR, finance, production or sales.
- Managing and maintaining a healthy flow of communication throughout the organization.
Administrator Skills and Qualification:
- To handle the job of an administrator, the incumbent should be well educated.
- Ideally, a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration is required.
- Knowledge of financial statements’ preparation, office administration, and computers is very essential.
- A long period of work experience in the fields of management and finance is needed before a person gets this important job.
- The job of an administrator calls for exceptional management, IT and budgeting skills.
- His position involves long working hours so he should be in top-notch mental and physical health.
- He must be a mature, sensitive, compassionate, flexible and ethical human being.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- He should have supervisory, decision making, team building, time and stress management abilities.
- Globally business and trade have achieved phenomenal heights on both geographic and monetary scales. To effectively manage these organizations, the services of Administrators are vital. So, job prospects for this field are very good.
- A wide variety of fields are available to an administrator. You can become an Office Administrator, System administrator, Education Administrator, Medical Administrator or Network Administrator.
- It is a position of great authority and responsibility and fetches handsome salaries.