Every firm has an accounting department to manage the heavy accounts and to keep a record of money matters involved internally or externally in the organization. The account sector finds its use in almost all kinds of industries, organizations, banks or public offices. Huge financial issues like salaries of employees, various payments made during sale and purchase of materials in the firm, profit made by the company and other details are controlled by the accounting department. The accounting department is run by a group of eligible people known as account executives which deals with all the money matters of the firm. This is very challenging task to perform as the details of the company finances lies in the hands of the accounting executives.
Accounting Executive Job Description
The accounting executives can be of different types like relational account executives, sales account executives, regional account executives, public relational account executive etc. and they have different tasks to perform in a firm. They all group together to form an account department. For example, a relational account executive has the duty to form relations to feed to the firm’s treasures and to maintain old relations for sustaining the benefits been obtained from the customers.
Sales account executive finds its duty in sale and purchase of products done by his/her company and manages finances. An advertising account executive handles the budget and the money spent in the promotion or advertisement of the company. Account executive maintains the client-firm relationship and adds to the benefits of the firm.
The customer’s trust in the firm depends on the accounting department of the firm because it is related to the money matters, which are taken very seriously by the people and by the firm. The account executives play an important role in building the firm’s reputation in the corporate world. The account management done by these account executives is not an easy task and needs good qualifications or skills which are discussed below. Account executive job description will provide you further information on skills, qualification and career growth in this profession.
Qualifications and Expertise Required
Those seeking career in the account department of some firm and want to become an account executive must have a degree in accounts, psychology, advertisement, media or banking services. The bachelor degree in commerce would work or master degree in commerce would be great to get the job. It takes time to get to the roots of the accounting job and therefore experienced people are preferred for this job. The fresher might get this job but at a junior position but as they get the full scenario of the field, they get promotion very easily.
Other than qualifications some skills are required for this job which an individual must possess in order to perform efficiently
- Management skills: An individual must posses account managing talent while working as an account executive in a firm. He or she has to manage the company financial records and budget details for which he or she should have some management skills.
- Good communication skills: The account executives working in the public relational department have to deal with customers for which they have to communicate well with the customers in order to please them
- Good presence of mind: To handle treasures of a firm is not an easy task and involves taking great responsibility. So, the account executives must have a great presence of mind as accuracy is essential in this field.
- Good numeric aptitude: He or she should be good at mathematics in order to do faster calculations accurately
- Innovative ideology: He or she must be able to generate new and efficient ideas which can help in promotion of their firm
- Honesty: As dealing with money matters of a firm an account executive must be honest and must not indulge in any kind of frauds or cheating activities.
- Analytical skills: There are times when an account executive has to take important decisions as quickly as possible. For this he or she must have good analytical skills
- Other trainings in the field of business management, accounting services or banking services would definitely add to the chances of becoming an account executive.
There are different types of accounting jobs and opportunities varying with the type of the company and depending upon the nature of the company. The accounting executives are hired by the government sectors for account handling and financial management purposes. There are several vacancies in this field as the position needs full care and responsibility. More often the accounting executives are hired by the private sector companies like ad agencies, media-based firms or sales related firms.
The salaries of the account executives are usually very good, but it varies for a fresher and experienced person. A fresher may get a lesser salary at the start as he or she gets a junior position, but the salary gets better with time and he is at a good position in no time.