The case manager job description article below covers the work and the responsibilities involved to become a case manager.
To know the work of a case manager, we should discuss about the case management. Case management is basically a management which is related to the health requirements. Case management is a service which deals with human health services. The practice of case management, you can get from the health training centers. These training centers provide you practical knowledge on case management. It is an industry which provides health management of case handling and services. It also provides the health service plans. The basic criteria of case management is, it assumes that client has multiple and complex problems which require services.
Case Managers are those who provide case management services to their clients. They are required especially in the field where case management is implemented and case management is implemented in health professions, human heath services, administrative health staff etc. Case managers provide practical shape to management work such as providing care planning to the patients, implementing new services, patients screening etc. Case managers are required in health field all over the world. They are required for providing care to the aged people, for the people who have mental and physical disability, injured people, health insurance fields, chronic health requirements, child welfare management programs, in schools and other many more management programs.
The work of a case manager is very similar to a social worker. He provides services in society, in the same way a case manager provide services and deals with different and complex situation or circumstances. The main goal of a case manager is to help people as much as he/she can. A case manager works for the satisfaction of their clients.
Case Manager Responsibilities
Case Managers are those who work for their clients and provide them services. It is the responsibility of a case manager to manage their clients in a good manner. They can work in both government and private sectors. There are so many companies who hire case managers. They are mainly specializing in health sector such as manage diseases, child problems, immigration, mental and physical problems. But some case managers also deal in the area of divorce, drug addiction, depression etc. There are so many case managers who have nursing or health career or may be they have social service backgrounds. These people are very good for this case management work. They provide human services.
The required Education is: –
To work as a Case Manager, a bachelor degree is required in health field. If you have master’s degree in medical field then you may get a very high post in the specific field.
The people who have only bachelor degree may require one year experience in the medical field.
The required skills for a Case Manager are: –
- Communication skills: – Case managers should have good communication skills. They have to establish relations with their clients, colleagues and other staff members. So to establish good relations with all these people their communication and presentation skills should be very good.
- Thinking skills: – Case Managers should have good thinking skills. This thinking skill included with reading, interpreting, publishing and analyzing skills. A good thinking helps them to develop good ideas and new plans for their services. They use good thinking to get new policies and instructions.
- Management skills: – Case Manager should have good management skills. Without this skill, a case manager can’t be a good case manager. They use management skills to keep records, provides information, implementation of new plans and also provide services to their clients. Without having this skill, it is very difficult to work as a case manager.
- Math skill: – A case manager should have good math skills. He/she should have knowledge of basic math to solve the financial problems and maintain good work. A case manager needs good knowledge of math so that he can take care and monitor the expenditure.
- Computer skills: – Good computer knowledge is required to work as a Case Manager. A case manager needs to keep records, spreadsheets. Presentations etc. for all these works; a case manager requires the knowledge of computers.
These days Case management jobs are highly available. It is a job which is related to provide human services especially in medical field. Case managers provide care in hospitals, health centers, in field of mental and physical health. There is a good scope of work for case managers in training centers. A case manager provides training for twenty students at a time. But he/she should keep in mind that the student count should not be exceeding more than 25 students.
There is a difference in salaries of a case manager. This difference in salaries is just because of the difference in field, qualification and work experience. The people who are more experienced earn more. The average salary of the case manager is $76,000 per year in the United States. There is a good scope for those who are working in this field or for those who have experience in the health field in the future. They can get work in different industries or they can work in the government or private sector. Their pay scale can be very high.