The article mentioned below will give you a brief idea of what is the Chief Executive Officer Job description all about. The Chief Executive Officer should have a pleasing personality and leadership qualities in order to lead the company in a positive direction and thus resulting in the growth and progress of the organization. With careful planning, coordination, and implementation of various plans, policies that are set up by the board and working in a team bring out desired results.
He should have all those qualities which makes him a responsible Team leader and a good manager of the entire show right from start till the end. Good communicative skills and ability to make the right decisions at the right time.
His job profile includes advising and motivating his team and staff, the appointment of managers for different departments with the help of the board of directors. At times decisions are made by him on behalf of the board. Looking after the activities and functioning of the company all the year round and introduction and implementation of new strategic plans. His services are needed in government and private sectors.
Chief Executive Officer Duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely introduction of new strategic plans in the progressive growth of the company.
- Timely checking of the progress report solves problems and issues related to its production sales so as to it doesn’t hamper the progress of the company.
- Managing different departments and encouragement of one common goal.
- He is also responsible for preparing the budget. It is given to the board and the shareholders for approval of its contents.
- To maintain a positive dignified image in front of organization, clients, competitors and media.
- The CEO takes guidance from all people connected to the organization such as Vice-president, managers and officers for smooth functioning of the company.
Chief Executive Officer Qualification and Skills Required:
Education / Training:
- The person holding this post should be highly qualified and have a thorough experience in this field.
- Should have a Masters Degree in Management.
- Should be a good Team builder in order to bring in present/future productive results.
- Should have a minimum 10-15 years of working experience.
- Can work in any given environment to complete the task at the given time frame.
- Should have excellent communicative and management skills.
- Quick decision taking powers and solving analytical and other problems.
- Introduction on new market plans to boost up sales and production.
- There are many job prospects for Chief Executive Officers in hospitals and health care organizations.
- His services are needed both in the government and as well as in private sectors.