The claims adjuster is a person/employee appointed by any organization to investigate insurance claims by interviewing the claimant, consulting police and witnesses. Depth investigation is required if any fraud or any criminal is suspected. They have to do adjustment between the claimant and the organization/company, which is part of the claims adjuster job description.
Qualification and Skills Required
- To become a claim adjuster, many companies require a 4-year college degree. There is no specific course required for this job.
- Claims adjusters generally have to complete on-the-job training courses prior to handling claims.
- Claims adjuster must also maintain a good driving record and a valid driving license to travel at various locations for the job.
Skills required by a Claims Adjuster:
The basic skills which are required to become a Claims Adjuster are:
- They should have enough knowledge of laws and the company’s rules.
- They should have effective communication skills.
- They should have convincing power to make both the parties agree on a common point.
- They should have good understanding of power and have listening skills too.
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
Claims Adjuster works as a mediator between two parties. They are the one who provides solution of the claim problems. Their annual income will be around $35,600. Overall employment is expected to increase as fast as average. For claims adjuster, opportunities will be best with Health Insurance Company.