A clerical assistant is a person who does clerical work in an organization. His duty is to do day-to-day works, making bills, helping employees, maintains attendance register, makes records of stationary items etc. They can also attend calls, typing letters, replying to the enquiries made by customers, updating files, enter data into the computer and Photostat also. They can be given some additional works by the branch head or other employees related to the organization.
Qualification and Skills Required
Education / Training:
- They should be high school or diploma or any course equivalent to that from a affiliated college / university.
- Knows some basics of the computer.
The basic skills which are required for a clerical assistant job description are:
- Knows calculations and maintaining attendance registers.
- They should be well behaved.
- Accuracy in work.
- Team work and problem solving.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications, software’s, web surfing and data entry.
- Knowledge of vouchers used within the organization or company.
With the number of organizations increasing everywhere, the need for clerical assistant will automatically increase. Every new establishment of the bank, airport, IT companies, malls, outsourcing companies, private firms, etc demand a clerical assistant who can take care of the organization.
There will be a rise in the salary of the clerical assistant as they gain experience from different companies because they don’t have any particular field of job. They can do the job of clerical assistants in any field/organization as everyone requires this. The annual salary ranges from $20,00 to $32,000.