Social services, health and educational activities are performed by the community liaison and he is not confined to just these activities as he is in other activities too.
Community Liaison Responsibilities
They allow the residents to know about the conflicts and problems taking place in the community. Their job is to act as a speaker of the community and to compile and to give the information whenever required. They also check the need of the people residing at homes by conducting surveys and further passing on to the government organizations. To know the various requirements of the groups involved in the fields of health, security, and training. Operating computers and using fundamental operations related to computers as MS-Package.
Community liaison also has to manage different community-related programs and stand as the connection between them. They must address the gatherings which have the usual effect on them. Elementary community liaison should aid the school staff in learning and studying the student needs by consulting their parents. They must arrange seminars for adult groups about community issues. They need to give back up for meetings that take place in the community.
Community Liaison Skills and Qualification Required
- To become a community liaison one needs to have intense and deep knowledge of social and economic communities, no formal education is needed.
- One needs to have a high school degree apart from a graduation degree from an accredited college or university.
- Most of the community liaisons hold a bachelor’s degree in the fields of political science and sociology.
- Must have one year of experience in public contacts. Preference is given to the candidate having experience in relationship building.
- There is community college that provides courses in administrative skills so that they can acquire greater positions in their corresponding areas.
- They must have good managerial skills.
- They must be efficient and effective while showing their skills before the other groups.
- They must have good communication skills.
The job prospects for the community liaison is good. They can work in the health sector, in the education sector, and in the social services as well. The future scope of the community liaison depends on the area where they are working. They can be community liaison officers if they are working in a school. Salaries may vary depending on the nature of the work and experience and on the educational qualifications, but the average salary is in the range of $60,100 – $80,000 per year.