Construction superintendent performs the work of planning and ensuring the coordination of the construction work. He is the only person to supervise the construction projects. They plan the material and the QA according to their budget and work to complete the project in time. They are having the responsibility of monitoring the employees for the efficient work. They also make the reports of the material, employees and the work completed on the weekly basis to submit to the higher authorities.
Responsibilities of Construction Superintendent:
The main duty of the person is to implement the technique for the effective work. Some of them are explained below:
- Management- he manages the construction site.
- Implementing the project step by step.
- Oversees the work of the employees and encourage them to work properly.
- Making the reports of the daily work for the management.
- Looking for the safety and the security of the project.
- Work in the monetary budget.
- Organize the work to cater to the needs of employees and the employers.
Education / Training:
- High school diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in the area of the construction management.
- Experience in the CSA supervision.
- Certification from the CMAA.
- He must have excellent self confidence.
- Positive attitude towards the work.
- Extremely flexible and adaptable for different environments.
- Proper work management skills.
- Good communication skills to talk with the clients.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Capability of meeting the deadlines.
With the innovation in the technology, there is a demand for the construction superintendent to supervise the work of the construction. They find their career in both the private and the public sectors. However, career growth is best for those having specializations in this field.