The below written article give a brief over view of what the credit manager job description is.
Credit managers are the individuals who work to set up the procedures and policies for the credit application processes. They work to maintain the credit of the customers of the company. The credit managers examine and overlook the danger of approving the credits for the customers. Thus, they are chargeable for the whole credit permission process. They are also members of the financial team of the company. Changes in that are assuring the stability of the company.
The credit managers give the facility to the large and lending companies offering services or goods. However, they need several years of experience to work as credit managers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Various tasks performed by a credit manager:
- Maintaining the policy of the credit corporate.
- Manages the files for the customer credit.
- Accept or reject the staff credit recommendations.
- Monitors the granting of credit.
- Maintain a good relationship with customers.
- Give training to the credit employees.
- Assessing department performance.
- Manages the application of the fees.
Qualification and Skills Required
Education / Training:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance.
- A degree in any connected field can also be attained.
- Good motivation and communication skills.
- Good judgment.
- Business skills.
- Strong skills for organization.
- Strong computer skills and Mathematical skills.
- Work under pressure.
- Knowledge of the laws related to credit.
- Proper management of time.
- Aptitude to scrutinize numerical data.
- Must meet up estimated deadlines.
In the years to come, there will be very vast career options for credit managers. They with their experience can become the supervisors of the company. They can be employed in various companies like in the public and private organizations, non-profit firms. With the experience, they can also progress to the supervisors, managers, etc.