In huge enterprises, the great amount of information for maintaining, decision making and data management is required. So, the data architects play a significant role in managing, selecting and maintaining of the data.
The data architects possess a great experience in accepting the business activities of the organization and the technical skills to execute the data modeling processes. These people also find their responsibility in assurance of the data assets of the company in achieving the goals of the organization. They make use of the data integration and other means to get the data. They are also proficient in construction and design of the data architectures, repositories etc. they are often called as the data modelers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Various tasks performed by a data architect:
- Manipulating and making the relational databases.
- Making strategies for effective data acquisition.
- Making plans for database implementation.
- Database cleaning by old data deletion.
- Maintains the updated database.
- Making the multidimensional databases and the data warehouses.
- To do work with the technical and the other users.
- Giving the reports to the managers.
- Designing the frameworks.
- Solving the problems related to the data models.
- Managing different teams.
Qualification and Skills Required
Education / Training:
- A bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science.
- However, people with 4 year engineering course in Computer Science are preferred.
- Certifications in Sybase databases and Oracle.
- Strong communication ability.
- Strong analytical proficiency.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Lateral and critical thinker.
- Very good team player.
- Strong skills for presentation.
- Long working ability.
- Persistent and positive.
- Should be creative.
Companies having strong competition and data protection is becoming a strong issue. As such, the data architect role is gaining importance. The people having good background both in technical knowledge and education are expected to have ample opportunities for them. Above all, the data architects are having a bright future in the economy.