A Delivery driver is the one who is responsible for the supply of the goods. The Delivery driver job description is about the roles and responsibilities of the drivers.
These drivers take the goods from the ware house or other location and then deliver them to their destination in the proper condition.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Uploading the goods and then transporting them without any damage and delivering them on time.
- Keeping the record of the quality and quantity of the goods.
- Handling the vehicle and maintaining good condition.
- Checking the condition of the vehicle including fuel, air, breaks etc and doing the required repairs.
- Helping in loading and unloading of goods.
Qualification and Skills Required
Education / Training:
There are no specific educational requirements, a simple literate or a high school diploma is also enough but he should have a valid Driver’s license and knowledge of traffic rules. He should be above 18 years and be able to read the road maps.
Skills Required for Delivery Driver:
- Good driving skills.
- Courteous and friendly in conduct.
- Responsible, genuine and watchful.
- Able to take good care of goods.
- Work at odd hours and in difficult weather and traffic conditions.
The job prospects look good for these delivery drivers and are expected to increase at a rate of 8 to 10 percent in the coming years. This is because the overall demands for the goods will not decrease in the near future but as the population increases more and more goods will be required and so will the requirement of the people delivering goods increases.