Administrative assistants manage the office work, they schedule the appointments, organize the office files. The Administrative assistant job description or admin assistant job description describes the job profile, quality of work done by them, skills and educational requirement of administrative assistant. They have good knowledge of different types of equipment used in the office such as photo state machines, scanners, video conferencing. They also make travel arrangements. They basically provide support to the managers and also perform clerical responsibilities like preparation of reports and they also train other staff members.
Administrative Assistant Qualification:
Two years degree program is offered by different colleges and universities. Diploma courses are also available which can be beneficial as the schedules are shorter. On the job training is also given to the Administrative assistant.
Licensure Requirements –
License is very important requirement for administrative assistant for which they get certification after clearing the exam. Eligibility criteria for a License include the right experience and educational qualifications. The certified administrative assistant are highly in demand but some legal assistants may earn their certification on the basis of work they do.
Administrative Assistant Skills:
General Skills required as per the administration assistant job descriptions
- An administrative assistant should have knowledge about billing
- Ability to work with printing centers
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to manage documents
- Management and scheduling of business meetings.
- Compiling of project reports.
- Knowledge of computers such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and different computer software.
- Ability to handle teams and having leadership quality.
- Knowledge of writing E-mails, letter, business proposals
- Excellent knowledge of video conferencing.
- Decision-making ability
- Capable of dealing with tough situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can train and supervise other members of staff.
- Capable of handling more responsibilities and managing them.
- Can interact with clients effectively
- The idea of organizational practices
- Ability to learn new skills and techniques
Numerous career opportunities are available for the administrative assistant. They manage the work done in the office and perform various other duties like handling different clients and projects of the company. As there are many companies and every company requires Administrative assistant to work in their office, there are endless opportunities for the position in many fields with a good job profile along with excellent salary packages. Administrative assistants get a job in private as well as government organization and depending on their interest they can join the field of their choice. The administrative assistant also work in schools. Administrative assistants are among the leading job in US economy. Millions of jobs are available in this field; many of them are working in industries, construction companies, and the health care department also. It is expected that the employment will grow more in the future and more jobs will be available for Administrative assistants.