Art therapists do the artwork. They work for people of all ages irrespective of whether they are old or young. Art therapists help in the boosting of one’s self-confidence, their self – esteem by making art and it is a kind of psychotherapy. It is the best therapy which helps people to overcome tough situations in their life.
The art therapist does the therapy after reading the human mind by looking at his activities. They help people who are in stress to improve their lifestyle and live happily.
Art therapist Qualification and Skills
- To become an art therapist one should have master’s degree in Art therapy. During their degree program they learn about making art and learn about various treatment ways.
- Art therapist needs to be certified by the state board of Art therapists. When they clear the exam conducted by the board, they can be termed as Board-certified Art therapist.
Skills required by these Art therapists:
- Excellent art-making skills.
- They should possess good listening skills.
- Good communication skills with the Clients.
- They should be passionate about their work.
- I need to have to care and have patience.
- They need hardworking nature and dedicated.
- They need Punctuality towards work.
- Understand the client’s problem and resolve them.
- Acquire knowledge about art and literature.
- Possess the ability to make quick decisions.
Art therapists can find employment in government as well as private institutes. So many job opportunities are available for an Art therapist and they also get a good range of salary. They can also be hired by hospitals and clinics. They help people suffering from cancer, drug addicts. Art therapist also works in schools and universities.