This is purely the administrative work that includes chores like
- Book-keeping, collecting, counting and giving away money
- Maintaining the register
- Calculating the salary given to the employees
- Taking the complaints, answering and directing the telephone calls
- Directing the message to the senior officers and making the appointments.
- Working on computer to make the data entries and make an inventory of bills and receipts
- Monitor and direct the work to the lower levels
- Make travel arrangements for senior
- Responsible for sending emails, photo-copying, scanning and faxing
- Coordination of work
- Maintaining the ledgers
- Work performed by them should be accurate.
- They need to possess multitasking abilities.
- Clerks are the ones who reply to the public queries
- They eliminate the outdated stock
- Clerks perform the general duties like typing, operating machines
- Clerks have different employment opportunities like in doctor’s offices, stores, small business firms, large corporations, hospitals and many more
Read the further article for the clerical
Qualification and Skills Required
As such there is no higher degree which is essentially required. A person with any vocational course can also apply for this post. But in some cases as in the banking sector they look for a person with professional degree bachelor’s degree. All that is required is the person should have a basic knowledge of operating computers.
There is no license that is issued for the task
Skills required by the clerks
General Skills Required –
- Should be a Computer literate
- Co-ordination of work
- Inter-personal skills
- Maintain file systems
- Good communication skills
- High accuracy
- Decision making skills
- analytical and problem solving skills
- Good calculation skills
- Quick in data entry
- Time management skills
- Should be physically fit as his job requires long hours of sitting
- Planning of conferences, meetings
- Liaison with other departments
As far as professional growth is required there are many job openings for clerks because there is a need for them in every organization. They form the base of the company as all the minor and major works are performed by them regarding all documents to answering of the telephone calls. One can choose this as a profession because it is a respectable job that doesn’t require high qualifications and a lot of effort.