The Director of business development is the professional who is heads the entire sales and marketing efforts of the company. The Director of Business Development Job Description gives the details of this job.
Roles and Responsibilities
The director is responsible for formulating the strategies that are best to increase brand awareness as well as the sales of the company products.
- Formulating the strategies.
- Setting up sales targets and allotting them.
- Meeting different organization heads and giving presentations.
- Exploring new avenues for the enhancement of business.
- Attending meetings and discussing the plans.
- Market segmentation and selection of target markets.
Qualification and Skills Required
Education / Training:
The person should be a Management professional with MBA in marketing from a reputed institute. He should also have a work experience of more than 10 years in a related field and should have an excellent record of accomplishments.
Skills Required for Director of Business Development:
- Should have a very pleasing and influential personality.
- Ability to persuade and motivate people.
- Extraordinary communication and social skills.
- Decision making capability.
- Analytical power.
- Ability to take decisions on his own.
These directors who are having zeal and knowledge of the market and know the pulse of the market to make their business profitable are in high demand in the country and are offered very high salary and equally attractive incentives.