The Director of finance manages the finances of the business. Director of Finance Job Description is about the roles and responsibilities attached with this profile and the qualities and qualifications that are required to fulfill those.
Roles and Responsibilities
This person is responsible for the legitimate functioning of the financial activities of the organization and keeping them recorded.
- Conducting financial analysis and deciding on the budget estimation.
- Preparation of financial statements, ledgers, and balance sheets.
- Taking the investment, financing, and budget decisions after discussing these with the management.
- Managing the accounts and the fund flow and cash flow statements of the company.
Qualification and Skills Required
Education / Training:
A director of finance job is not for freshers; the person should be a degree holder in finance and accounting and should possess a professional accounting certificate like CMA, CA or CGA from a reputed institute. Above these qualifications the person also needs to have several years of experience in finance with good results and knowledge of the concepts to be appointed as a Director in Finance.
Skills Required for Director of Finance:
- Leadership skills.
- Mathematical and logical skills.
- Understanding of corporate ethics.
- Honesty and trustworthiness.
- Understanding of rules and general awareness.
- Time and stress management.
- Computer and decision making skills.
Large companies need a special person to look over their financial issues and aspirations; so this is a high paying job. The average salary of the director of Finance in US generally exceeds $200,000 and is more for the people with more knowledge and experience.
So, this is a qualitative job and although the vacancies are limited but the growth and salaries is very good.