The Director of human resources is the person who is responsible for all the functions related to the entire workforce of the organization. He is the one who recruits, provides training, assigns tasks and evaluates the performances of the employees.
Roles and Responsibilities
Director of Human Resources Job Description focuses on the responsibilities, education required, requirements needed and the salary.
- Recruitment of the personnel and arranging for their pieces of training.
- Deciding on salaries, bonuses, funds and other benefits to be given to the employees.
- Performance evaluation and deciding on promotions etc.
- Arranging for employee development programs.
- Making organizational policies.
Qualification and Skills Required
Education / Training:
This job is one of great authority and responsibility and requires a lot of knowledge and experience. For becoming a Director in Human Resources, the person should have a minimum of a Post graduate in management with specialization in human resources or industrial relations with more than 12 years of experience as human resources manager. He should have knowledge of all the industrial and related laws.
Skills Required for Director of Human Resources:
- Should be respectable and knowledgeable.
- Ability to counsel the employees.
- Knowledge of stress management.
- Knowledge of grievance redressal techniques.
- Creative and emphatic towards the problems of the employees.
With increasing emphasis being paid on the industrial and labor relations and scientific management to increase the productivity and job satisfaction of the workforce, the role of the Director of human resources is getting very important in any organization. This is a good paying and management level job and is expected to grow at 21% in the next few years. The average salary is more than $100,000 per annum.
So, the job prospects for this profession are expected to be very bright in the coming years.