A document controller is the one who has responsibility for controlling all the technical and commercial documents of a company. He is also known as a document specialist. He is responsible for the reliability, quality and accuracy of all company documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
Various tasks performed by a document controller:
- The basic duty of a document controller is handling management and validation of documents and files.
- Establishing the company’s Documentation system and following the company’s numbering or documentation policy.
- Coordinating with other departments of the company to achieve complete and accurate documentation.
- Ensuring timely checking, approval and submission of all files and documents.
- Updating and maintaining the information systems in the company and preparing system reports.
- Auditing corporate documents and ensuring that the documents going across different departments within the company are in order.
- Proper communication with the employees of the company so that they are aware of the documentation policies and procedures and make timely submissions.
Qualification and Skills Required
Credentials and Abilities required
- A Bachelor degree in the field is required.
- Proficiency in computers is essential.
- Proper knowledge of administrative and management functions is necessary.
- A document controller needs to have planning and coordination skills.
- He should be good at written and verbal communication.
- He needs to possess critical and quick thinking powers.
- There is a good market for document controllers.
- The estimated pay rate for them, as per BLS is $40 to $60 per hour.
- Document controllers can pursue other professions like compliance specialists, electronics submission specialists, and regulatory affairs specialists.