Domestic engineer job description is an explanation of the job profile, required qualifications and job prospects of a domestic engineer. Domestic engineer, also called domestic goddess, is the one who takes care of diverse household activities. She can be a mother who stays at home or an outsider doing the job for a salary.
Roles and Responsibilities
Various tasks performed by a domestic engineer:
- The foremost job of a domestic engineer is dusting and cleaning the house.
- Scheduling appointments and hosting parties.
- Taking care of kids, playing with or arranging games with the children, and disciplining them.
- Grocery shopping, preparing food, and feeding it to the children.
- Dropping off and picking up kids from school.
- Paying bills like those of phones, electricity, and water.
- Handling chores such as gardening, laundry, minor household repairs, answering phone calls.
- Looking after ailing children and taking them to the doctor.
Qualification and Skills Required
- No specific education or degree is required to take up the duties of a domestic engineer.
- If one wishes to take up this job in the corporate world, she is expected to have at least a graduate degree.
- Domestic engineers should be honest and discreet.
- The confidentiality and privacy of the family and household must be maintained.
- Physical stamina and mental toughness are very essential for this job.
- The person needs lots of patience to be a good domestic engineer as the work and working hours are very unpredictable.
- The occupation of a domestic engineer is among the fastest-growing.
- Many large corporations, as well as small companies, need domestic engineers who are qualified.
- Their average annual salary is $65,000.
- For the stay-at-home mother, this job does not offer any financial rewards or promotions but the love and appreciation of the family is a big incentive.