Are you a Business Development Manager by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Business Development Manager CV sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more CV templates.
Business Development Manager
Veteran solutions-driven business development manager with over 15 years of front-line Sales, Service Sales & Service Delivery experience. Driven to achieve successful outcomes for each client.
- Business Development
- Account Management
- Customer Engagement
- Service Delivery
Business Development Manager (Service Sales)
- Responsible for WA, NT, QLD & South Pacific customers.
- Achieve profit plan on orders, sales, price and growth objectives for the Eaton Power Quality business.
- Key Account Management across multiple segments and Named Accounts.
- Determine service requirements and any product replacement / spares requirements, generate quotes, close sales and order equipment to meet the customer’s needs via interface with Services sales Support personnel.
- Review specifications and prepare quotations for new and existing (renewals) service contracts
- Manage pipeline and lead conversion.
- Acting National Service Sales Manager on several occasions until replacements could be sought.
National Service Manager
- Primary customer Service contact for all aspects of Fusion Power Systems – Integrated Services Division.
- Managed a team of Field Service Engineers (Power/Cooling/Networking/Genset) and back office service coordination & administration staff across Australia.
- Responsible for leading, training, coaching, and mentoring staff ensuring a high level of morale and effectiveness.
- National Vendor Management across a broad range of third party Services.
- Market share, profitable growth and capability increase.
- Account management including onsite monthly customer SLA compliance reviews, and continual improvement of Service Delivery standards & practices for the customer contract.
- Continuous Service improvements.
- Recruiting and training new staff.
- Data quality and compliance management.
- Participate in the recruitment of service delivery staff, and plan and provide for necessary delivery team training needs.
- Implementing high level safety standards & OHS.
- Participate in pre-contract activities for contracts such as bid management, estimating and sizing, costing and budgeting, risk assessment, proposal preparation and contract negotiations as required.
Customer Support Manager
- Service delivery to customers to deliver contracted service commitments.
- Ensure that service level agreements are clearly defined, agreed and implemented with the client, and that accurate measurement and recording of service levels is established and maintained.
- Oversee coordination of all field resources for ‘turn-key’ projects and ensure successful delivery and handover to our customers.
- Complete progress reporting and forecasting to business stakeholders on a regular and timely basis including financial reporting.
- Customer satisfaction & responsiveness for all project, reactive & maintenance service escalations.
- Ensures the client is well apprised of status, achievements and issues and manages client expectations
Service Delivery Team Leader
- Management of Service Delivery team – Service Coordination, T&M Administration & Contracts Administration
- Super User & Pacific trainer for various CRMs and internal tools – Intouch, Oracle, ANC db, Pacific Project Portal.
- KPI tracking & reporting for the Service Delivery team.
- Management of invoice escalations for over 40 service partners & suppliers.
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed to manage problems, escalate issues and implement effective quality assurance
- Contact point for all services related queries for Order Management, Finance, Service Coordination, Service Sales, and Project Management Office.
Bachelor of Communication
Career Expert Tips:
What Should Be Included In A Business Development Manager Resume?
A great Business Development Manager resume should be tailored to fit the specific job you’re applying for. When crafting a resume for a Business Development Manager, it’s important to include all the essential information you’ll need to demonstrate your ability to be a successful leader and asset to the company.
To begin, be sure to include your contact information, a summary of your qualifications, and a list of your professional experience. This should include any relevant experience, such as business development, sales, and marketing. It’s also important to include any certifications and education you’ve obtained that are applicable to the job.
Your resume should also feature a section dedicated to your technical skills. This is important for a Business Development Manager, as the position requires a strong knowledge of business software and technology. Be sure to list any programming languages, software, and databases that you have a familiarity with.
Finally, it’s important to include any relevant accomplishments you’ve achieved in the past. This could include any awards or recognitions, or any other accomplishments that demonstrate your capabilities as a Business Development Manager.
By following this guide and including the key information mentioned above, you can ensure that your Business Development Manager resume is up to standard. Reviewing a few well-crafted resume examples can also help to give you an idea of the format and content that should be included in your resume.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For Business Development Manager?
As a Business Development Manager, you need to be able to show that you have the skills required to effectively lead and grow a business. When writing a resume for this position, it is important to focus on the skills that show your ability to lead and manage a business successfully.
To showcase your skills and qualifications, start by highlighting your background in business development, such as your experience in developing strategic plans, market analysis, and business growth initiatives. You should also demonstrate your knowledge of industry trends, customer service, and sales.
You should also list your communication skills and your ability to negotiate with clients. Your resume should show that you have the ability to build relationships with customers, create and implement marketing campaigns, and have an understanding of the financial aspects of a business.
Finally, it is important to include any relevant experience you have in data analysis and project management. Showing that you can build successful strategies and understand the financial implications of a business is essential to success as a Business Development Manager. With strong leadership and communication skills, as well as an understanding of data analytics, you can make a great impression on employers.
What Is The Job Description Of The Business Development Manager?
The job of a Business Development Manager is an important one that calls for both technical and business knowledge and skills. This position is responsible for managing a company’s growth, including identifying new markets and opportunities, researching competition and developing strategies to increase sales and profitability. A Business Development Manager may also be responsible for researching and analyzing customer markets, leveraging current customer relationships, and developing new customer relationships.
Business Development Managers must have excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. They must be capable of building relationships in order to network and identify new opportunities. An understanding of the company’s target customers and industry trends is vital. They must also have an understanding of financials and the ability to create and monitor budget plans. Business Development Managers must be driven, goal-oriented, and able to prioritize tasks efficiently.
It is important for Business Development Managers to understand both the technical and business sides of the industry in order to be successful. They must be capable of leading projects, delegating tasks, and motivating project teams. Additionally, they must have the ability to think creatively and identify new ways to improve the company’s presence in the market. Above all, they must be organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
What Is A Good Objective For A Business Development Manager Resume?
When it comes to creating a resume for a business development manager, it is important to have an impactful objective statement. An objective statement is a brief statement that outlines the goals and objectives of the position you are applying for. This statement should be focused on what you can bring to the position, and how you can positively contribute to the organization.
A good objective statement should focus on what skills and experience you have that can help the organization. It should clearly explain why you are the best candidate for the job. The objective statement should also be tailored to the specific job you are applying for, so that it truly reflects the values and goals of the company.
When writing your objective statement, make sure to include keywords that are relevant to the position. This will help to ensure that your resume stands out and that it contains relevant information that is pertinent to the role. Additionally, be sure to include accomplishments that demonstrate your success in past positions. This will help to paint a picture of the impact you could have in the role.
Overall, a good objective statement should be concise and clearly articulate your goals for the position. It should demonstrate your understanding of the job and highlight the skills and experience that make you the best person for the job. When done correctly, it will be the first thing that recruiters and hiring managers see and could be the difference between being chosen for the position or being passed over.
What Are The Career Prospects In The Business Development Manager?
As a Business Development Manager, you may have the opportunity to develop and implement strategies to help businesses reach their goals. Your role may involve networking with potential clients, conducting research, developing marketing plans, and working with internal and external stakeholders. The career prospects in the business development field are promising as businesses around the world seek to grow their market share.
You will need to be an organized and strategic thinker, able to identify and analyze opportunities and develop plans to capitalize on them. You must also be a persuasive communicator, able to express your ideas to decision makers and convince them of their value. If you are a creative thinker, you may have the opportunity to create innovative solutions to problems and develop initiatives to further business objectives.
Success in the role of Business Development Manager requires strong management skills that enable you to manage multiple projects and teams. You will need to be a team player who can work well with colleagues and external partners. You must also be able to coordinate efforts between departments, such as marketing, finance, and IT, to ensure the success of initiatives.
A successful Business Development Manager resume should focus on these skills and showcase your ability to think strategically and creatively. Your resume should highlight your research capabilities, your leadership skills, and any accomplishments you have achieved with previous employers. This will demonstrate to potential employers that you have the potential to be an asset to their organization.
Key Takeaways for an Business Development Manager resume
Business Development Managers play a vital role in any organization as they are responsible for driving growth and leading strategic initiatives. As such, it is important to create a resume that reflects the skills, experience, and accomplishments needed to excel in the role. When writing a Business Development Manager resume, there are certain key takeaways to keep in mind.
The first step is to highlight your qualifications. Demonstrate your knowledge and skills by providing detailed descriptions of past roles, accomplishments, and areas of expertise. Showcase your ability to drive business growth and lead strategic initiatives. This will help to show employers that you are the right candidate for the job.
In addition to highlighting your qualifications, it is important to present a professional image. Highlight your education, certifications, and awards. Make sure to include any professional development courses or seminars you have attended. This will demonstrate to employers that you have the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the role.
Finally, emphasize your accomplishments. When crafting a Business Development Manager resume, make sure to showcase the successes you have achieved in past positions. Showcase specific examples of how you have helped to improve business processes and develop new ideas. This will help to demonstrate to your potential employer that you are capable of driving positive results.
By following these key takeaways, you can create an effective Business Development Manager resume that will help you stand out from the competition. By emphasizing your qualifications, professional image, and accomplishments, you can show employers that you are a valuable asset to the business.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Quality Assurance Resume Sample
- Business Development Manager Resume Example
- Legal Assistant Resume Sample
- Commerce Student Resume Example
- Maintenance Engineer Supervisor Resume Sample
- Vendor Sales Manager Resume Example
- Event Manager Resume Sample
- Software Tester Resume Example
- Technical Architect Resume Sample
- Correctional Officer Resume Example