Are you a Cargo Porter by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior Cargo Porter Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Seeking a responsible and challenging position in a growth oriented progressive Institution where my experience and skills will significantly contribute to the overall success of the organization and provide opportunities for my career growth.
- Good Knowledge in Computer Science
- Managing the Team
- Concept development
- Problem resolution
- Asset protection
- Safety Compliance
- Operated power jacks, forklifts and to maneuver products on to load trailers and trucks
- Completed daily inventory for all packages being delivered and received
- Performed general support clean-up duties and maintained clean work area by using high-pressure water systems, backhoes and skid-steers
- Picked products for specific routes according to pick sheets
- Estimated weights, heights and centers of balance to make precise placements
- Led warehouse improvement initiatives to advance operational efficiencies
- Divided cargo received by account Number and intended location
- Provided the list of the stocks of meat that were displayed on the shelf.
- Submitted daily reports about the sales and the newly order of meat products.
- Coordinated with the management of the slaughter house to ensure the quality of meat products.
- Introduced the use of PowerPoint in the presentations during the seminar.
- Conducted an internal audit and inventory of the products every third week of the month.
- Set and managed schedules to give proper coverage to required areas and meet customer service demands
- Established and administered annual budget with effective controls to prevent overages, minimize burn rate and support sustainability objectives
- Developed business cases, presentations and reports for senior management
Masters in Business Managment
Bachlor’s in Computer Science
PG Diploma in Caro Management
Career Expert Tips:
An effective way to write a Cargo Porter Resume
You may be in the perfect industry for the job you want but one little issue is stopping you from getting it. Your resume needs updating, and fast.
In today’s competitive market, you need to show that your skills are what they’re looking for. When it comes to this industry, there is no room for error! Let’s take a look at what we need to do to make sure that happens.
Cargo Porter job Description:
Cargo Porter is a volunteer position at the airport that is responsible for helping to load and unload flights, including carrying luggage, loading bags in bins, and assisting with cargo and mail.
The Cargo Porter job description may include packaging valuables, checking documents, directing traffic on the tarmac or ramp area and answering questions from customers.
Tasks of cargo Porter:
- Accepting and signing for cargo loads, logs or documents to be accountable for signed packages
- Unloading and loading aircraft with cargo and mail
- Loads-on-Loads: Cargo load up at the departure site and unloads-off-unloads at the arrival location
- Move luggage in and out of the aircraft
- Clean baggage after the flight
- Carry and unload baggage to vehicles and conveyers for processing
- Locate lost baggage or misplaced cargo at the airport
- Removing aircraft from ramp or cargo site when necessary
- Receive and return keys, identification cards or packages from customers
- Check weight and balance of cargo
Cargo Porter Job Responsibilities:
- Relieving the needs of passengers or residents.
- Trained with basic knowledge about the aircraft and handling of cargo by the Airport Security Officer (for IATA and EASA officers).
- Directing aircraft passengers to their specific baggage or declaring any baggage on which charge has been incurred.
- To follow the instructions of airport security and other officials, to make announcements if they are asked to do so.
- Handling of important keys, identification cards, packages from passengers.
- Keeping security checklists updated at all times.
- Receiving and returning airway bills to passengers.
- Taking custody of any unclaimed baggage, cargo, or mail.
- Handling and safekeeping of papers, documents, or other valuable property belonging to passengers (for IATA and EASA officers).
- Handling of passenger’s baggage in case of missing at the time of delivery.
- Handling of unaccompanied minors and others, as per instructions from officials (for IATA and EASA officers).
- Fixing of cargo conveyor belts on time, as instructed by officials.
- Handling inbound shipments and outbound shipments.
- Check if the correct type of cargo is loaded on the aircraft accurately.
- Enacting necessary safety measures to prevent accidents during loading or unloading activities.
Top 12 Must-have Cargo Porter Skills:
- Active Listener: Listen attentively to what other people are saying in meetings or to individuals, take notes regarding points made and ask questions when appropriate.
- Analytical Skills: Organise and evaluate information gathered in interviews, reviews of resume samples and other written materials to arrive at a suitable course of action.
- Communication Skills: Express ideas clearly through oral presentations; write reports, memos, letters and e-mails so that they are understood by others.
- Customer Service: Provide genuine and timely service to customers and make sure they are clear on important information such as timeframes or costs.
- Customer Orientation: Accept and follow instructions from supervisors, particularly if they differ from their own.
- Data Entry: Type data, letters words or numbers accurately into databases, computers or other electronic equipment.
- Data Analysis: Identify trends in data by taking a survey or analysing data collected about a business or industry; determine cause and effect relationships between variables.
- Detail Oriented: Concentrate on details to achieve quality output such as checking that forms are filled in correctly; check the accuracy of information in reports or databases.
- Critical Thinking: Analyse arguments or ideas, identify and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses and apply the relevant techniques or skills to solve problems.
- Decision Making: Consider whether a decision is appropriate, feasible and rational.
- Diagramming: Create pictures such as graphs, charts or maps by transferring information from one form to another.
- Electronic Correspondence: Read, type and print out correspondence in a variety of formats; to email information to colleagues and clients by using a computer (operating system compatible with electronic mail service).
Tips to Write a Cargo Porter Cover Letter:
A cover letter for the cargo porter should describe the duties carried out and the results achieved. It should also highlight core skills and abilities that will benefit the employer.
- Appealing to Recruiters: Your cover letter should include your role as a cargo porter, what result you expect from applying, why you want to work in this place, your reasons for leaving your last job, and how much you are looking for forward to working in the company.
- Appealing to the Requirements: Your cover letter should contain information about your skills, abilities, and experience. It should also mention your goals and career plans.
- Appealing to the Person: Your cover letter should contain information about you such as: why you want the job, what you can do for the company, contact details of previous employers etc.
- Appealing to the Recipients: You can be more appealing to the recipients if you have a good cover letter.
- Writing Tips: Your cover letter should be well written with the appropriate format and grammar.
- Proof Reading: Once you are done with the cover letter, it is important to proofread your work.
- Savvy Tips: It your cover letter has errors, then it will not be considered for the job.
- Font: You should use a font that is easy to read.
- Color: Avoid using too much color to make your letter easier to read.
- Length: Your cover letter should be no more than one page long. If you have more things to say, then you can use a second page after the one-page limit has been reached.
- Formatting: Make sure your cover letter is formatted correctly.
Tips to Write a Cargo Porter Resume with no experience:
It is different from the job description. It has to highlight your skills, experience and abilities that will benefit the employer. The resume should contain all the data about you such as your education, Work Experience, skills and any qualifications that are relevant.
- Education: Your resume should contain information about your education such as level of education, institution name, duration of the course, subject and degree.
- Skills: Your resume should mention your skills and academic qualifications. It should include all the relevant skills like driving license, professional qualifications etc.
- Other Activities: Your resume should mention other community activities such as fundraising programs, promotions etc.
- The objective of the resume: Your objective should be clear and simple. You don’t need to say anything about what you expect from it.
- Formatting: Use the right layout and format; it is very important as the employer will read your resume first before reading other application forms.
- Personal Data: Avoid adding personal data on your resume, it may be used against you in case they are just required to check if you are well-qualified for their job.
Resume writing is a very simple and straightforward task, but inexperienced persons often get confused and make such mistakes that are not necessary in writing a resume. A well-written resume must be able to catch the attention of its readers in few seconds, else it will be thrown away unopened. A good resume contains all the important information about you. Don’t skip out any point or leave any blank space on your resume as it will show your professionalism more clearly to employers.
Hope these tips will help you in creating a professional resume.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Linux System Administrator CV Sample
- Financial Analyst CV Example
- Chemical Engineering CV Sample
- Business Analyst Intern CV Example
- Product Marketer CV Sample
- Associate Software Engineer CV Sample
- Lecturer Psychology CV Example
- Automation Test Engineer CV Example
- Senior Accountant CV Sample
- Engineer-Mineral Processing CV Example