Are you a Freight Manager by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Freight Manager Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
To build my career in the World Food Programme (WFP) as i position myself to be in a capacity of increased responsibility that will draw upon and utilize my knowledge in Import and Export services, Business development and General administrative services to meet the goals of the WFP
- Freight Forwarding
- Warehouse Management
- Client Relationship Building/Management
- Business Management
- General Administrative and Operations Coordination
- Supplying of assorted beverages and water for events and offices
- Serving at special events (AFRIMA Awards, MTN Music festival)
- Providing general catering services
Personal Assistant and Field Officer
- Managing of company accounts
- Receiving and processing of company cheques
- Reading and responding to Chief Executive officer’s mails
- Research and development of new business opportunities
- Coordinating logistics support for importers when needed
Freight and Logistics Officer
- Personally assisting the branch manager on assignments instructed by the chief executive officer
- Preparation of all reports for the departments for presentation to the heads of department and the chief executive officer
- Managing and monitoring the authority’s warehouse facilities opposite the Tema port. Liaising with organizations on how to fix structural damages at the warehouse
- Carrying out port surveys, researching clearing procedures for displaying on the authority’s website to educate the public on procedures and port related issues.
- Liaising with the shipper service department to solve shipper complaints to the authority
- Attending meetings and durbars organized by various stakeholders (e.g. CEPS, GIFF, GPHA, and SOAG) on behalf of the authority
Freight and Logistics Officer (Intern)
- Distribution of service charges bills and the authority’s journal of the “Shipping Review” and the “Shipping Digest” to the various shipping lines
- Recording of daily vessels calling at the Tema port
- Picking up of cargo manifest from various shipping lines
- Recording of shipment data from cargo manifest, such as weight, port of loading, port of destination, shipping line, type of cargo etc. for record keeping purposes
Field Officer (Intern)
- Assisting with general administrative activities, stevedore operations at the port.
- Preparing condition report on imported vehicles for stevedore operations
International Trade Finance (MBA)
Diploma in Logistics and Transport management
BA, Ports and Shipping Administration
International Computer Driving License – ICDL
Massive campus customer acquisition campaign for CELLULANT GHANA
- Rhemaworld carried out a massive activation campaign for Cellulant Ghana on two university campuses namely Univeristy of Ghana and UPSA.
- Thousands of new customers were acquired through our work in the month of March alone.
- With our assistance from ideation to launch, Cellulant Ghana developed a digital referral rewardsystem for their customers which resulted in thousands more customers.
Social Media Management for Dress Up Trends
- Advanced Targeting for facebook and instagram ads.
- Regular content creation and posting on their various social media pages.
- Creation and management of online forms for online orders
Career Expert Tips:
What Should Be Included In A Freight Manager Resume?
A Freight Manager is a highly experienced professional in the logistics and transportation industry. They are responsible for managing the entire freight process, from planning and scheduling shipments to ensuring cost-effective delivery of goods. As such, it is important to include all relevant information regarding your experience and qualifications in a well-crafted Freight Manager resume.
To start, include a concise summary of your career objectives and industry experience. Outline your successes in overseeing the transportation of goods, including any special projects or initiatives. Your summary should also highlight your ability to analyze data and make sound business decisions.
Next, list your relevant education and training. Include degrees or certifications that relate to your position. If you have any specialized knowledge or experience, such as in hazardous materials, be sure to include that as well.
Your work experience section should include detailed examples of your accomplishments as a Freight Manager. List any process improvements or cost savings that you implemented and their results. Describe key duties, such as transporting and loading merchandise, handling customer inquiries, and managing freight contracts.
The final section of your Freight Manager resume should cover your technical skills. Outline your knowledge of freight software programs and your ability to use Microsoft Office. It is also beneficial to list any experience you have in managing a fleet of vehicles or negotiating freight contracts.
By taking the time to create a comprehensive Freight Manager resume, you can demonstrate your knowledge and skills to prospective employers. Make sure to highlight any relevant experience and qualifications, as well as your successes in the transportation industry. Doing so will help you stand out from other applicants and increase your chances of obtaining the desired position.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For Freight Manager?
A freight manager is responsible for the movement of goods and materials from one location to another. A successful freight manager needs to have an extensive knowledge of the logistics industry as well as strong organizational and problem-solving skills. When writing a resume for a freight manager role, it is important to highlight your key skills that demonstrate your qualifications and experience.
The following skills should be included on your resume when applying for a freight manager position:
- Knowledge of logistics: Being able to effectively manage the transportation of goods and materials is essential for this role. Make sure to highlight any relevant experience you have in the logistics industry on your resume.
- Organizational skills: Being able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize efficiently and stay organized is essential for a freight manager. List any applicable experience you have in project management and multitasking on your resume.
- Communication skills: Being able to effectively communicate with clients, vendors and colleagues is essential for a freight manager role. Make sure to include any relevant experience you have in customer service or communication on your resume.
- Problem-solving skills: As a freight manager, you will need to be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently. Highlight any experience you have with problem solving on your resume.
- Budgeting skills: Being able to effectively manage and stick to a budget is essential for a freight manager role. List any experience you have with budgeting on your resume.
Highlighting your key skills on your resume can help you stand out from other candidates. Make sure to include any relevant experience and qualifications you have for the role to show employers why you are the best candidate for the job.
What Is The Job Description Of The Freight Manager?
The role of a Freight Manager is to oversee the coordination of shipments, storage, and distribution activities of a company. They are responsible for managing the transportation of goods, tracking shipments, and meeting delivery deadlines. They coordinate with freight carriers, warehouses, and customers to ensure the efficient fulfillment of orders. Freight Managers need to understand the complete supply chain process, including customs regulations, and international trade laws.
In order to manage the entire process, Freight Managers must possess excellent communication and organizational skills. They must be able to make decisions quickly and ensure that all deadlines are met. They need to possess the ability to troubleshoot any issues that arise and handle customer complaints. Good problem solving and decision making skills are essential in this position.
Freight Managers must also be knowledgeable of the various types of shipping methods available, as well as the associated costs and benefits. They must be able to create and maintain a strong relationship with customers, vendors, and carriers. Good negotiation and customer service skills are essential as well.
Freight Managers must also stay up-to-date on the latest trends in the shipping industry. They must be able to make informed decisions regarding the use of the newest technologies and advancements in order to ensure the most efficient and cost effective solutions. They must also be knowledgeable about safety regulations, hazardous material laws, and other relevant regulations.
What Is A Good Objective For A Freight Manager Resume?
A freight manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the transport of goods for businesses. When writing a resume for this position, an important part of the document should be your objective statement. A good objective for a freight manager resume should emphasize your knowledge and experience in the transportation industry, as well as your ability to handle the day-to-day operations of the freight business.
Your objective statement should also highlight your ability to negotiate rates and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers. You should also demonstrate your ability to stay organized and keep a large fleet of vehicles in good condition and running efficiently. Lastly, your objective should demonstrate your ability to analyze customer data and utilize it to develop improved strategies for transportation.
When crafting the objective statement for your freight manager resume, be sure to include any certifications or qualifications that make you an ideal candidate. Your objective should provide employers with a clear picture of your experience, skills, and knowledge that will be beneficial to their organization. With a well-crafted objective statement, you will be sure to impress employers and secure the freight manager position you are applying for.
What Are The Career Prospects In The Freight Manager?
A freight manager position is an important role in the transportation and logistics industry. This career field offers a variety of different opportunities for those with the right skills and experience. Freight managers help to coordinate the delivery of goods from point of origin to destination, ensuring that goods arrive on time, in the proper condition, and within the cost parameters specified by the company. Freight managers must have an extensive knowledge of the transportation industry and its regulations. They must be able to identify the most cost-effective and efficient ways to move goods, while also ensuring that they arrive safely and in a timely fashion.
The job prospects for freight managers are strong, due to the ever-growing demand for goods to be delivered around the world. As such, the skills of a freight manager are in high demand. In order to be successful in this role, one must have strong organizational and communication abilities, as well as a working knowledge of the transportation industry. Additionally, freight managers must be able to think on their feet and make decisions quickly, while being able to handle the pressure of tight deadlines.
Freight managers must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as transportation and logistics management. They must also have a few years of experience in the industry, either as a supervisor or a manager. If you are interested in becoming a freight manager, it is important to have a strong resume and cover letter that showcases your experience and skills. Additionally, many employers prefer freight managers who have earned a certification in the field, such as the Certified Logistics and Transportation Manager (CLTM).
Key Takeaways for an Freight Manager resume
Writing a resume for a freight manager position can seem daunting, but by following a few simple steps you can craft an impactful document that will get you noticed by employers. When creating your resume, you should focus on the key takeaways that will help you stand out from the competition.
- First, make sure that your resume is organized and easy to read. Use clear headings, bullet points, and concise language so that employers can quickly find the information they need. When discussing your experience, be sure to highlight any accomplishments or successes you achieved in past positions. This will demonstrate to potential employers that you have the skills and know-how to succeed in the role.
- Next, you should include a section dedicated to your qualifications. This should include any diploma, certificates, or awards that are related to the freight management field. Additionally, provide details on any software or systems you are experienced in using. This will demonstrate to employers that you have the technical know-how to handle the job.
- Finally, include a clear summary statement that demonstrates why you’re the best candidate for the job. This statement should be concise, but also give a comprehensive overview of your qualifications, experience, and goals. It’s also a good idea to include a few highlights from your past positions to give employers a better understanding of the value you can bring to the role.
By following these key takeaways, you can create a strong resume that will make you stand out from the competition. With a well crafted document, you can increase your chances of landing the job of your dreams.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example