Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Quality Assurance Engineer Resume Sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
Quality Assurance Engineer
- Overall around 10 years of experience in the different industries with an emphasis on Software Quality Assurance and Test Automation including 3 plus years of team lead roles.
- Proficient as Lead QA engineer in both Manual and Automation testing processes in Banking and financial domains.
- Worked in Agile, Pair Programming, BDD, and Waterfall life cycle.
- Expertise in Testing levels like Sanity, System, Inter-System, and Regression Testing.
- Automation testing — QTP/UFT, Selenium, Cucumber, Cypress, JUnit, TestNG.
- API testing — SoapUI, Postman, Swagger Notation, Rest Assured, JMeter, Karate.
- Technical Skills — JAVA, VBA, SQL, C#(Basic), Java – Spring Boot, Hibernate, JPA, TypeScript
- Project Management Tool — HP ALM, JIRA, Rally
- Code Management — Bitbucket, GitHub
- Business Analyst(BA)/Product Owner Delegates(POD) — Worked with BA/POD to define Requirements for User Story.
- Functional UI Testing
- API Testing
- Test Automation
- Regression Testing
- Agile Methodology
- HP UFT
- Rest Assured
- HP ALM / JIRA / Rally
Quality Assurance Engineer 2
- Exposure to Airline Domain technology.
- Working in Safe Agile based project in which we had followed and actively participated in Scrum rituals.
- Worked on Test case design, test execution and then followed by in-Sprint Automation for each assigned Item.
- Ensured that All In-Sprint Work is getting completed before Sprint Ends and In-sprint Automation targets are being met in each sprint.
- Ensured that Defect management process is being followed in Scrum for better management.
Manager – Automation Testing
- Exposure to Mortgage Domain technology in which gain industry knowledge about Mortgage process and interaction between diff department/Application.
- Working in Agile based project in which he followed and actively participated in Scrum rituals.
- Worked on completing all Test artifact including automation within Sprint to make sure that we are meeting in-Sprint Automation target and Delivery target.
- Worked on finalizing Regression Scope in each release in consent with the product owner.
- Lead testing efforts through String test, SIT, UAT, Dry Run and Cutover activities.
- Worked on QTP/UFT and Cypress-based automation Framework for UI Automation.
- Worked on JMeter and Karate/Rest-assured tool for Functional Automation of Web services.
- Participated in Handover meeting to make sure that Handover process is smoother and is as per process.
- Worked on Automation re-write project from scratch. Also, involved in POC on various tools and suggesting the best one for the project.
- Provided automation expertise, training, and coaching to team members.
- Recognized with an award “Lead with Exceptional Ideas” from Morgan Stanley.
Associate – Automation Tester/Developer
- Exposure to Card Domain technology.
- Worked in Agile based project in which he followed and actively participated in Scrum rituals.
- Worked on automation test script creation and maintenance based on feature enhancements using Cucumber, Selenium and API automation using Rest assured.
- Worked on development tasks such as new feature development and defect fixes for Application based on Spring boot, Hibernate/JPA.
- Tested programs and databases to identify issues and make necessary modifications.
Collaborated with other developers to identify and alleviate software errors and inefficiencies.
- Exposure to SAP Finance TRM domain technology.
- Worked in an Agile-based project in which followed and actively participated in Scrum rituals with the entire team.
- Responsible for execution of the test plan having Automated Daily regression test & Automated Weekly regression test and ensured that automation reliability is more than 90%
- Performed Inbound and Outbound Qualification test to identify User Interface related issue/defect at an early stage before enhancement applied to the main test system
- Performed manual testing of the In-scope application during the TAKT/SAT phase to identify the functional issue at the early stage before releasing it to the customer.
- Worked on automation test script creation and maintenance based on the provided test artifact document and/or based app feature enhancements using SAP internal automation.
- Acted as primary level support for SAP internal automation tool to resolve configuration/ Consulting related issues.
- Performed customer incident analysis so that customer-used app flow is included in the test scope to minimize the customer issues in upcoming releases.
- Responsible for the implementation of ideas related to Process improvement
- Conducted an Excel VBA/Macro session which can be used for Project reporting purposes.
- Mentored other colleagues to maintain/develop their – Technical abilities and Functional abilities by conducting knowledge Sessions such as TRM Knowledge Session, Selenium Training, etc.
Test Engineering Senior Analyst
- Exposure to Telecommunication domain technology.
- Analysis of solution plan related to feature changes and setting up meeting author of solution plan document to discuss queries related to upcoming feature.
- Following and actively participating in Scrum rituals with the entire team. Doing impact analysis of upcoming Feature Changes to Existing System and reporting those impacts to POD of Scum.
- Responsible for assignment of user story within the Scrum Test team and also coordinated to make sure that All user story is completed within Iteration Deadlines with Good Quality.
- Authored and maintained well-organized, efficient, and successful manual test cases for the entire team on the basis of requirements mentioned in User Story. Once code deployed, Doing Execution of Test case mentioned in user story using Soap UI Application.
- Worked on QTP/UFT and Selenium-based automation Framework for UI Automation.
- Creation, maintenance, Execution of Automated Regression Scripts for Oracle Application/ SoapUI Regression Scripts as part of Regression Testing after Functional Testing is completed.
- Responsible for giving knowledge transition Regarding Project Feature Functionality, Test Automation Knowledge, and Excel Macro Knowledge to Teammates or new Joiners.
B.E. (Computer Engineering)
High School – HSC Science
Career Expert Tips:
Unlocking Success: The Role of a Quality Assurance Engineer
As the technology landscape continues to evolve, the role of a Quality Assurance Engineer becomes increasingly crucial in ensuring the seamless functioning of software applications. This position demands a meticulous blend of technical prowess and attention to detail, contributing significantly to the overall success of software development projects. Let’s delve into the multifaceted role of a Quality Assurance Engineer, exploring the skills, responsibilities, and strategies that make this role indispensable.
Quality Assurance Engineer Job Requirements
Embarking on a career as a Quality Assurance Engineer requires meeting specific qualifications and possessing a diverse skill set. Let’s explore the key requirements for this role:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, demonstrating a strong foundation in the technical domain.
- Proficient understanding of software testing methodologies, including manual and automated testing processes.
- Experience in creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Java, Python, or C# to facilitate automated testing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and communicate issues effectively.
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and convey testing results clearly.
- Familiarity with industry standards and best practices in software quality assurance.
Securing relevant certifications, such as ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board), can enhance your profile in the competitive job market.
Responsibilities of a Quality Assurance Engineer
The role of a Quality Assurance Engineer is multifaceted, encompassing various responsibilities throughout the software development life cycle. Let’s unravel the core duties that define this role:
- Creating and executing comprehensive test plans to ensure the quality and reliability of software applications.
- Conducting both manual and automated tests, identifying and documenting software defects.
- Collaborating with developers to understand project requirements and provide feedback on potential issues.
- Designing and implementing automated testing scripts to streamline the testing process.
- Performing regression testing to validate that software changes do not adversely affect existing functionality.
- Ensuring compliance with industry standards and best practices in software quality assurance.
- Providing clear and detailed reports on testing progress and results to project stakeholders.
Each responsibility comes with its unique challenges, contributing to the overall success of software development projects.
Quality Assurance Engineer Resume Writing Tips
Crafting a resume that stands out in the competitive job market is essential for aspiring Quality Assurance Engineers. Here are some tips to help you create a compelling resume:
- Highlight your experience in creating and executing comprehensive test plans.
- Showcase your expertise in both manual and automated testing, emphasizing the tools and languages you are proficient in.
- Detail instances where your collaboration with developers led to the identification and resolution of critical issues.
- Quantify your achievements, such as the percentage of defects reduced through effective testing strategies.
- Include any relevant certifications and training programs you have completed to demonstrate your commitment to professional development.
Your resume is your personal marketing tool, so make sure it effectively communicates your skills and experiences as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
Quality Assurance Engineer Resume Summary Examples
Your resume summary is the gateway to showcasing your career story. Craft a powerful summary that encapsulates your experiences, skills, and the value you bring to potential employers. Here are some examples to inspire you:
- “Results-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer with a proven track record in creating and executing robust test plans. Adept at identifying and resolving software defects to ensure the delivery of high-quality applications.”
- “Experienced Quality Assurance Engineer skilled in both manual and automated testing, contributing to the development of reliable and efficient software solutions. Strong collaborator with a keen eye for detail.”
- “Detail-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer with a passion for ensuring the utmost quality in software applications. Proficient in designing and implementing automated testing scripts to streamline testing processes.”
Your resume summary sets the tone for your entire resume, so make it impactful and tailored to the specific job you’re applying for.
Create a Strong Experience Section for Your Quality Assurance Engineer Resume
Your experience section is the heart of your resume, showcasing the depth of your expertise and the impact you’ve had in previous roles. Here are some examples to guide you:
- “Led a team in the development and execution of a comprehensive test plan for a critical software release, resulting in a 15% reduction in post-release defects.”
- “Implemented automated testing scripts, increasing testing efficiency by 20% and allowing for more thorough test coverage.”
- “Collaborated with development teams to identify and resolve software defects, ensuring the delivery of high-quality software products on schedule.”
Each experience should highlight not only your responsibilities but also the positive outcomes and impact you’ve had on the projects you’ve worked on.
Sample Education Section for Your Quality Assurance Engineer Resume
Your education serves as the foundation for your career as a Quality Assurance Engineer. Showcase your academic achievements and relevant certifications in this section:
- Master of Science in Software Engineering, XYZ University, a comprehensive program providing in-depth knowledge of software development and quality assurance, 2018.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, ABC University, the cornerstone of your technical skills and understanding of software systems, 2014.
- ISTQB Certified Tester – Foundation Level, demonstrating your commitment to industry-recognized standards in software testing, 2019.
Your educational background is a testament to your commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
Quality Assurance Engineer Skills for Your Resume
Your skill set is your toolkit, equipped with a range of capabilities essential for success as a Quality Assurance Engineer. Let’s explore the key skills that set you apart:
- Attention to detail, ensuring thorough testing and identification of software defects.
- Effective communication, facilitating collaboration with cross-functional teams and clear reporting of testing results.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, essential for identifying and resolving complex issues in software applications.
- Time management, enabling you to meet testing deadlines and contribute to project schedules.
- Adaptability, crucial for navigating changes in project requirements and addressing unexpected challenges.
- Proficiency in automated testing tools, such as Selenium or JUnit, to streamline testing processes.
- Knowledge of programming languages, including Java, Python, or C#, for creating automated testing scripts.
- Understanding of software testing methodologies, including regression testing, performance testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Familiarity with version control systems, enabling effective collaboration with development teams.
- Quality assurance best practices, ensuring compliance with industry standards throughout the software development life cycle.
Each skill in your toolkit contributes to your ability to deliver high-quality software solutions.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Quality Assurance Engineer Resume
As you craft your resume, it’s essential to avoid common pitfalls that can hinder your chances of landing the ideal Quality Assurance Engineer role. Here are some mistakes to steer clear of:
- Avoid using generic terms; instead, tailor your resume to highlight your unique skills and experiences relevant to the position.
- Don’t just list job duties; showcase your achievements and the positive impact you’ve had on projects through effective testing strategies.
- Don’t underestimate the importance of a well-crafted cover letter to complement your resume and provide additional context to your application.
- Avoid technical jargon overload; use terminology that is accessible to a broader audience while still showcasing your expertise.
- Proofread your resume thoroughly to avoid typos and grammatical errors that can detract from your professional image.
Each mistake represents a potential roadblock; avoiding them will help you present a resume that is both authentic and compelling.
Key Takeaways for Your Quality Assurance Engineer Resume
As we conclude this comprehensive guide to crafting a standout Quality Assurance Engineer resume, let’s recap the key points to keep in mind:
- Highlight your proficiency in both manual and automated testing processes.
- Showcase your collaboration with development teams and your impact on reducing defects and improving testing efficiency.
- Quantify your achievements to provide tangible evidence of your contributions to previous projects.
- Include relevant certifications and training to demonstrate your commitment to ongoing professional development.
Remember, your resume is not just a document; it is a canvas where you paint your career story, a story of growth, learning, and excellence in software quality assurance. Best of luck!
Finally, feel free to utilize resources like AI Resume Builder, Resume Design, Resume Samples, Resume Examples, Resume Skills, Resume Help, Resume Synonyms, and Job Responsibilities to create a standout application and prepare for the Quality Assurance Engineer job interview questions.