Are you an Automation Controls Engineer Student and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our Automation Controls Engineer Student Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Automation Controls Engineer Student
MSc Automation and Control Engineering student at San Jose State University with bachelor’s degree from Northeastern University in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering. Hardworking and dedicated postgrad looking for a challenging career which demands the best of my professional ability in terms of technical and analytical skills and helps me in broadening and enhancing my current skill and knowledge.
- Undergone Industrial Training in BSS Technologies, Dubai for 5 Days where I acquired in depth knowledge on cathodic protection and control on oil pipelines. Attended 5 days workshop on Field Instruments and Process Control conducted by Yokogawa, India. Visited industries such as Travancore Cochin Chemicals, India and VKC Plant, India.
- Worked as part of a team of about 50 members and Completed 240 hours of social service in NY.
- Developed personality through community service and can show social awareness and commitment towards society.
- Involved in events such as cleaning, afforestation, awareness rallies, health camps, fund raising, blood donation
MSc. Automation and Control –
- Studied industry relevant modules like advanced control systems, industrial automation technologies, systems integration, distributed control systems, field bus protocols.
- Advanced my knowledge in the field of Automation and provided practical experience to come up with ideas for Industrial needs.
- Experience in handling Siemens Programmable Logic Controller and the software related to it.
- Developed my ability to comprehend and solve abstract problems whilst studying Control systems and Automation.
- Enhanced the experience in using MATLAB/Simulink which were a part of the course.
- Individual project:
- Automatic Sorting of Items Using Siemens S7-1200 Programmable Logic Controller (2019) – Worked individually to design, fabricate and demonstrate a system which can sort different kind of materials moving on a conveyor belt using different sensors and actuators.
Bachelor of Technology in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Relevant coursework includes Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Microprocessor and Microcontrollers, Digital Sensors and Transducers, Control Systems, Electronic Instrumentation and Measurements, Industrial Instrumentation, Process Control Instrumentation and Industrial Automation.
- Built solid communication skills by leading and joining in group discussions.
- Designed and organized workload to complete seminar assignments to deadlines.
- Worked as part of a team to deliver PowerPoint presentations.
- Secured highest grade in the seminar presentation.
- Group leader for the final and pre-final year projects and supported group members, allocated tasks according to strengths and monitored progress to successfully meet the project deadline.
- Worked as a team for projects such as:
- Bridge Monitoring systems using Solar (2017) – Worked as a team of 4 to design, fabricate and present a system which monitors the temperature and vibrations of a bridge using solar input.
- Virtual Speed Breaking System in Motor Vehicle (2018) – Worked as a team of 5 to design, fabricate and present a vehicle which controls its own speed my detecting humps and potholes on roads.
Higher Secondary Examination (PCM)
- 2012-2018 Grades – 90%
National Service Scheme – Government of India
Worked as part of a team of about 50 members and Completed 240 hours of social service in India.
Developed personality through community service and can show social awareness and commitment towards society.
Involved in events such as cleaning, afforestation, awareness rallies, health camps, fundraising, blood donation
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
How to write an Automation Controls Engineer Resume?
An Automation Controls Engineer is the person who is working and responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the systems that automate a given process. These engineers need to be familiar with computer software and its architecture. They have to make use of various programming languages like C++, Java, etc. in order to build industrial control systems such as SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) which help in monitoring a process or production line from an inspector’s point of view.
The recent trends suggest that the requirement of hiring in this field is expected to increase significantly by at least 30% during the next 2 years. The reason for this is that the industry is expanding and new features are being added to existing systems. The demand for an experienced Automation Controls Engineer is expected to increase as well due to their role of designing and developing industrial control systems.
Tips to write an Automation Controls Engineer Resume:
- A Resume is a summary of a person’s achievements, education, skills and experience. It should be composed to draw the attention of the employer towards what he is capable of doing.
- The purpose of a resume is to get hired by a prospective employer for a particular job. It is not just a list of facts about yourself that you can regurgitate to the employer. It is an advertisement for the job, and you are the product.
- The resume should be short and to the point avoiding any kind of ambiguity regarding your work experience or education. Always remember that, keep it simple, but keep it professional looking.
- Try to make your resume stand out by making it look different to others. Your resume should be different from hundreds of others. This way it will get noticed by the employer.
- Make sure your resume is free of all spelling or grammatical errors to avoid any disappointment in the future.
- Keep your resume updated so that it reflects your current career and employment status.
- Keep two resumes, a long one and a short one. If you have been in the same career for past 18 months to 5 years, keep a chronological resume that lists your jobs in reverse chronological order, with your current job first.
- Make sure the resume is attractive and eye-catching. This will help in getting noticed by the employer.
- You also have to make sure that you are including enough information about yourself and your experience. Writing a resume is a challenging task, so try to be brief, but efficient. Give enough information about your experience, education, skills etc., for the employer to discern that you are someone who he can trust.
- Using correct grammar and spelling will help in increasing your chances of being hired by an employer.
Automation Controls Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing industrial control systems.
- Setting up automated production lines.
- Working on a number of different projects based on new technology in the field of automotive and electronics.
- Optimizing the system using computers and related software like PLCs and SCADA’s.
- Troubleshooting the computer programs to make sure that nothing goes wrong while integrating with other equipment used for a given process.
- Debugging, analyzing, and solving software-related problems.
- Should have good knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, and Electronics.
- Should be able to work in teams and perform independently.
- Should have good time management skills like good time estimation is important for the success of a project.
- Have to work under pressure and with strict deadlines.
- Must be highly organized so that no deadline is missed or not achieved at the last moment.
- Must be a self-motivated and hard-working person in order to achieve the desired result on time.
Tips to write an Automation Controls Engineer Resume summary:
When you write your resume summary, remember you are writing to sell yourself to the employer. You do not want to just list the information about yourself, but instead you want to highlight those things which will make you stand out from the crowd.
Be specific and clear in your summary. Your potential employer should be able to read through your summary and immediately get a feeling whether or not you are qualified for that particular job.
Top 15 Automation Controls Engineer skills:
- Good communication skills
- Solid Computer Skill
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other people and colleagues.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented person.
- Good organizational skills
- Be able to multi-task in order to meet deadlines for work and personal tasks together under pressure from managers, co-workers or the clients themselves.
- Able to quickly identify any mistakes in the computer systems or any of the equipment used.
- Follow all the regulations and company policies at all times.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines for assigned projects.
- Handles multiple technical projects at one time while maintaining high-quality standards for each project completed by him/herself or with team members assigned to work under him/her by managers of respective departments.
- Able to do the work without following any strict instructions.
- Good understanding of a computer system and know how to take specific actions needed to correct problems in the respective system.
- Always present his or her ideas in front of a manager within a team or an organization for further action and review, even if some people disagree with him/her’s opinion, he/she can still follow up on their decision and make it work accordingly.
- Have a good understanding of SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition).
Tips to write an Automation Controls Engineer Cover Letter:
- Know your target employer before writing a cover letter.
- Include relevant information in your cover letter.
- Be brief and concise
- Focus on the relevant information i.e., skills, achievements which will be helpful for your prospective employer to hire you for the vacancy or project he is looking for.
- Just a note about spelling & grammar is enough.
- Everyone makes a typo once in a while and that’s no difference between you and them.
- You can use the same cover letter format email, or PDF for both.
- Don’t address it as an important document cos your cover letter is just a simple letter and shouldn’t be called as important.
- Have a specific career objective and tailor your resume to that position.
- Develop and maintain a list of companies that you want to work for.
- Keep your resume short, clean, and targeted – with a focus on your summary; skills, include the most relevant ones first; & experience, put your most recent first.
- Use action verbs and write in the third person (using “I” instead of “me”).
- Have someone else review your resume.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example