Are you a Finance Professional by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Finance Professional Resume Sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
I am an ACCA Finalist & a Commerce Graduate, a dynamic and highly committed finance professional with more than 7 years’ of experience in the following areas.
Accounting , Financial Analysis , MIS , Costing , Inventory, AR/AP Management , Budgeting ,Etc.
I have good communication skills, ability to work under pressure and have an attitude of “can do”. Having good analytical skills and have excellent grip on Business Finance.
- Financial Management
- Data Analysis
- Inventory Management
- MS Office Suite
- Financial reporting specialist
- Pricing and costing
- Project Management
- Responsible for accurate & timely monthly, quarterly & year end close.
- Mapped current business & operational processes & offered recommendations for improvement.
- Preparation of Product Costing & Pricing.
- Proposed & Implement cost saving methods.
- Calculate wastage in comparison with agreed wastage ratio, identify the reason variation in wastage
- Performed Debtor, Creditor & inventory reconciliation.
- Performed Competitor analysis, Sales analysis.
- Preparation of Sales & Production Budget.
- Supervision of Payroll of the segment.
- Prepare reconciliation report on inter-company receivable/payable.
- Calculation of Financial & Insurance Charges
- Prepare Accounts of the Company on Monthly basis & Prepare Final Account Upon which audit Perform.
- Responsible for the timely reporting of all financial information monthly.
- Prepare & Maintain Fund Flow Position.
- Perform e-filing of monthly sales tax & withholding income tax statements.
- Dealing with Banks, Auditor & other related bodies to make sure that all the legal requirements are meeting up to the standards.
- Preparation of Product Costing & Pricing
- Performed Debtor, Creditor & inventory reconciliation
- Keep in touch with clearing/forwarding agent to make sure that all the shipments bills are up-to-date in WeBoc system.
- Dealing with vendors/suppliers to remain working capital stable.
- Prepare reconciliation report on inter-company receivable/payable.
- Record all fixed asset purchases/disposal, track asset movements and maintain depreciation schedule.
Senior Executive – Finance
- Generate monthly accounts closing, reporting and analysis.
- Manage daily accounting and financial operation.
- Verification and posting all accounting entries, maintain timely and accurate input of information in the accounting system.
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation on weekly basis.
- Maintain receivable account and disbursement of vendor payment.
- Disbursement of cash to regional office for petty cash expenses and follow ups for the invoices to settle.
- Provide Support in Internal & External Audits. Ensure that all the data provided to the auditors must be backed up with proper supporting & documentation.
Internal Audit Officer
- Developed auditing program to address risks and evaluate regulatory requirements.
- Carry out audit assignments independently or in a team.
- Assisting to obtain all necessary audit working papers & documentation.
- Managing the Internal Audit function, Conduct scheduled & special audits related to Inventory & Payroll.
- Report the results of audit work & assist in preparing audit report for issuing to departments & submission to senior management.
- Collating, checking & analyzing spreadsheet data.
- Complete the tasks assigned by senior auditors.
- Perform vouching on entries recorded in the books of account.
- Chase up clients about missing information.
- Identify accounting & auditing issues and perform research to solve those problems.
- Reviewed corporation’s internal controls and procedures.
- Prepared working papers, reports & supporting documentation for audit findings.
Bachelor of Commerce
Career Expert Tips:
What is the Role of a Finance Professional?
Finance Professionals are the backbone of any organization, ensuring financial stability and steering the company towards economic growth and sustainability. They delve deep into the financial waters, analyzing data, predicting market trends, and making strategic decisions that significantly impact the organization’s future. Their role is multifaceted, encompassing budgeting, investment planning, risk management, and financial reporting, all while adhering to regulatory standards.
These professionals often collaborate with various departments, providing financial insights and guidance to align organizational objectives with financial goals. Their expertise in financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis is crucial in identifying investment opportunities and mitigating risks, ultimately contributing to the company’s long-term success and profitability.
What are the Finance Professional Job Requirements?
Being a Finance Professional requires a blend of education, skills, and experience. The foundational requirement is a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or a related field. However, the ever-evolving financial landscape often necessitates additional qualifications:
- Professional certifications such as CPA or CFA are highly valued and sometimes essential, depending on the role and employer.
- A master’s degree in finance or business administration can significantly enhance career prospects.
- Proficiency in financial software and databases is crucial for efficient and accurate work.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills are the bedrock of successful financial management.
- Excellent communication skills are vital for conveying complex financial concepts to individuals without a financial background.
What are the Responsibilities of a Finance Professional?
The responsibilities of a Finance Professional are diverse and integral to an organization’s success. They include:
- Financial Management: Overseeing financial resources to ensure optimal utilization and organizational growth.
- Data Analysis: Scrutinizing financial data and market trends to inform strategic decisions and identify areas for improvement and investment.
- Budget Development: Creating and maintaining budgets, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and financial health.
- Risk Mitigation: Identifying and addressing financial risks to safeguard the organization’s assets and reputation.
- Compliance: Ensuring adherence to financial regulations and standards, avoiding legal repercussions and fostering trust among stakeholders.
- Strategic Advising: Providing valuable financial insights and recommendations to senior management to drive the company’s success.
Finance Professional Resume Writing Tips
A compelling resume is a Finance Professional’s ticket to landing their dream job. Here are some tips to make your resume stand out:
- Quantify Achievements: Use numbers to highlight your accomplishments, such as percentage increase in revenue or amount of cost savings achieved.
- Highlight Technical Proficiency: Showcase your expertise in financial software, tools, and methodologies.
- Detail Specialized Skills: Emphasize skills like risk management, investment analysis, and financial modeling.
- Include Certifications: List relevant certifications to establish your credibility and expertise in the field.
- Use Action Verbs: Start bullet points with action verbs like “managed,” “analyzed,” and “developed” to convey your contributions effectively.
Finance Professional Resume Summary Examples
Your resume summary is the hook that encourages employers to read further. Craft it carefully to showcase your unique value proposition. Here are some examples:
- Strategic Finance Professional: With over a decade of experience in steering companies towards financial growth through meticulous analysis, strategic planning, and investment management. CPA certified with a master’s degree in finance.
- Results-Driven Financial Analyst: Specializing in data analysis, financial modeling, and forecasting. Proven track record of identifying cost-saving opportunities and optimizing investments to enhance profitability.
- Expert Finance Manager: With extensive experience in overseeing financial operations, developing budgets, and advising on financial best practices. Skilled in risk mitigation and regulatory compliance.
Create a Strong Experience Section for Your Finance Professional Resume
The experience section is where you showcase your career journey and accomplishments. Be specific and use quantifiable achievements:
- Financial Strategy Development: Formulated and executed financial strategies that increased annual revenue by 25%.
- Investment Management: Oversaw a diverse portfolio worth $100 million, achieving a 20% return on investment.
- Cost Reduction: Implemented cost-saving initiatives, resulting in a 15% reduction in operational expenses.
- Financial Advisory: Provided expert financial advice, contributing to the successful launch of three new product lines.
Sample Education Section for Your Finance Professional Resume
Education is a key component of a Finance Professional’s qualifications. Here’s an example of how to present it:
- MBA in Finance, Harvard Business School, Boston, MA, 2020
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2018
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), AICPA, 2021
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), CFA Institute, 2022
Finance Professional Skills for Your Resume
Highlighting a mix of soft and hard skills showcases your versatility and adaptability. Here are some examples:
- Leadership and Teamwork: Essential for collaborating with various departments and leading financial projects.
- Communication: Vital for explaining financial concepts and strategies to non-financial stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: Crucial for identifying and addressing financial challenges and opportunities.
- Time Management: Necessary for balancing multiple tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Financial Analysis and Forecasting: Fundamental for making informed financial decisions and planning for the future.
- Investment Strategies: Key for optimizing investment portfolios and achieving financial growth.
- Risk Management: Essential for identifying and mitigating financial risks.
- Financial Software Proficiency: Important for efficient and accurate financial management.
Most Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Finance Professional Resume
Avoiding common mistakes can make your resume more compelling and professional. Here are some tips:
- Be Concise: Avoid lengthy
and verbose sentences. Be clear and concise, highlighting your achievements and skills.
- Avoid Jargon: Use clear and understandable language, avoiding excessive financial jargon that might confuse non-financial readers.
- Proofread: Spelling and grammar errors can undermine your professionalism. Proofread your resume multiple times and consider using grammar checking tools.
- Customize: Tailor your resume for each application, aligning your skills and experiences with the job requirements.
Key Takeaways for Your Finance Professional Resume
In conclusion, crafting a standout resume is crucial for Finance Professionals. Here are the key takeaways:
- Highlight your education, certifications, and relevant experiences.
- Emphasize both soft and hard skills, showcasing your versatility.
- Quantify your achievements and use action verbs to convey your contributions.
- Avoid common mistakes and customize your resume for each application.
With a well-crafted resume, you are well on your way to securing your next finance role. For additional resources and templates, visit Resumekraft.com.
Finally, feel free to utilize resources like AI Resume Builder, Resume Design, Resume Samples, Resume Examples, Resume Skills, Resume Help, Resume Synonyms, and Job Responsibilities to create a standout application and prepare for the Junior QA Tester job interview.