Are you looking for a senior project manager job? Here we have the best recommended professional senior project manager resume example. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job.
Senior Project Manager Resume Example
San Diego, California
A highly enthusiastic aspiring to work with a team of motivated professionals in a challenging environment to augment my project management, and leadership abilities.
For about 12 consecutive years, I have been actively engaged in the energy and power infrastructure development:
- Managing on-grid, off-grid, enterprise resource planning, National grid development, OPGW, advanced metering infrastructure and Universal access to electricity projects; Substation and T&D operations; Monitoring efficiency and Electricity Tariff enforcements of higher energy consumers,
- Studying the energy and power sectors reform, energy transition, technology developments, investment and market trends providing insights for business development, market intelligence, PPPs, PPAs, and IPPs advisory knowledge to businesses focusing on energy and power sectors,
- Enabling the channel business ecosystem construction, sourcing of suppliers, subcontractors and actively managing them during the engagements; adapting corporate policies to the local context, implementing and enforcing the policies to achieve the business goals; building customer relationships and honoring customer support and maintenance service agreement commitments,
- Leading the channel Service, Customer Support and project management teams; setting goals, coaching and managing performance,
- Directing feasibility studies of project opportunities, reviewing conclusions and developing delivery solutions; Managing project risks, changes and Service and project operations.
- Project, Channel Sales, and Customer Relationship Management; Business development
- Teamwork, problem solving, adaptability and time management
- Goal Setting, Coaching and performance management
- RET Screen Suite-A Clean energy project analysis software
- LEAP-Long range energy alternatives planning system
- Windows and Office Tools including MS word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, AutoCAD
- Multiple digital and enterprise resource platforms
Director of Enterprise Delivery and Services
Huawei Technologies Jul 2019 – Present
- Leading the delivery and service team in the enterprise business department,
- Managing multiple and key enterprise projects in Ethiopia and Djibouti,
- Maintaining customer satisfaction enforcing the Issues to Resolution process for technical support and spare part delivery management,
- Overseeing the channel projects delivery and the after-sales customer support through Huawei partners,
- Managing the Service Platform/Ecosystem Construction of enterprise business in Ethiopia,
- Ensuring on-time Revenue Management, Invoicing and Payment Collection for all enterprise projects,
- Acting as a primary Fulfilment Responsible contact person managing risks, changes and delivery and Service operations,
- Reviewing project opportunities and providing go and no go recommendations,
- Services sales and warranty renewal/extension for older projects,
- Collecting and analysing market insight for Huawei enterprise services and taking improvement actions,
- Policy development and adaptation to the local enterprise market,
Channel Services and Customer Support Manager
Huawei Technologies Jan 2018 – Aug 2019
- Managed and oversaw channel and own delivered Projects incl. Ongoing ERP Projects for EEP&EEU,
- Enabled and managed channel service partners for the Enterprise market,
- Managed the customer support and warranty services for a portfolio of products and services,
- Promoted and developed services sales,
- Sourced, enabled and controlled suppliers and subcontractors,
- Managed the team building and the business capability of the service and project employees,
- Facilitated stakeholder engagements and communications,
- Assured the quality of services and projects delivery
Huawei Technologies Oct 2013 – Dec 2018
- Managed an Advanced Metering Infrastructure, AMI, pilot implementation project for Ethiopian Electric Utility, EEU,
- Lead a team of experts and conducted a site survey and a feasibility study of solar mini- grid solutions in Ethiopia(MoWIE, Ethiopia),
- Managed the installation, test and commissioning of 1600KM National Grid Infrastructure Development(OPGW) Project of Ethiopian Electric Power of voltage sizes132/230/400 KV Transmission line ground wire retrofitting for Optical connectivity,
- Guided, reviewed and approved the survey reports, the engineering designs and the BOQ generation,
- Sourced, enabled and managed the suppliers and subcontractors throughout the project implementation phase
- Administered the project contract, ensured the quality, Environmental, health and safety scopes and community engagemenets during projetc delivery.
Distribution, Operation, and Construction Electrical Engineer
Ethiopian Electric Power Corporation Apr 2008 – No 2010
- Designed Medium and Low voltage power line constructions and rehabilitation works including cost estimation and project supervisions,
- Managed thousands of last-mile connections,
- Supervised and monitored multiple Universal Electricity Access Projects,/UEAP/,
- Allocated and distributed Capital and Rehabilitation Budgets for the district offices,
- Compiled , reviewed and approved payments and take of sheets,
- Provided quarterly training for technical personnel,
- Organized and reported scheduled/monthly and relevant tasks,
National Grid Infrastructure Development, OPGW, Project
Project Manager Oct 2013 – Dec 2017
Enterprise Resource Planning, ERP, Infrastructure Project
Project Director Dec 2016 – Present
Wonji – Shoa Sugar factory 30MW Electrical systems Package installation project
Project Manager Nov 2012 – Sep 2013
Access Grid extension project electrifying 15 rural towns
Project Manager Dec 2010 – Oct 2012
Master of Business Administration, MBA
University of California – Irvine Campus, California Aug 2016 – Aug 2018
Bachelor’s Degree /BSc.
Rochester Institute of Technology – New York Oct 2002 – Jul 2007
Project Managers Development program
Huawei Technologies 2019-06-19
Financing for DevelopmentThe World Bank Group 2015-11-01
First Line Managers Development Program
Huawei Technologies 2019-04-12
Risk and Opportunity: Managing Risk for DevelopmentThe World Bank Group 2014-08-30
Excellent Personal Contribution Award in 2018
Huawei Technologies 2018-12-31
Monthly Star Award
Huawei Technologies 2017-11-30
Future Star Award
Huawei Technologies 2015-12-31
Available on request.
Career Expert Tips:
Senior Project Manager Resume with Writing Guide
It can be challenging to write a resume. A good resume will make it easier for a prospective employer to quickly understand where you would be the best fit within their company. This guide will help you present your skills are as concisely and convincingly as possible, so that you look like the best candidate without having to spend hours drafting your own application.
Senior Project Manager Resume Writing Guide:
1. Start with research
Before you start writing your resume, it’s important to do some research. You want to make sure that the information you provide is up-to-date and relevant. Think about what skills you have that are relevant to the position you’re applying for and to the company as a whole. Have you worked on any projects related to this company in particular? Maybe you can find specific work experience that relates directly to their current goals or mission. Try to think of questions you would ask a hiring manager about the position.
2. Do your research
Are you experienced with hiring new employees? If so, include that experience in your resume. You may also include your experience with a specific company if you’ve worked for multiple companies over the course of your career. Include references for this experience and include it as part of your objective statement on page one of your resume. For example, if you’ve been a senior manager at several companies, include your leadership skills in the objective statement.
3. Include specialized experience and skills
Make sure to include all of the experience you have had that is specific to the job you’re applying for as part of your resume. This will help make your resume more interesting to potential employers. If you’ve worked in many different industries, you may want to consider separating your resume into areas based on jobs or fields of interest.
Formatting is a key to successful resume writing. Keep your resume neat, tidy, and free of spelling and grammatical errors. It should be easy to read and follow the flow from start to finish. Make sure that your formatting matches the job description exactly, so that you don’t come across as unprofessional or poorly-trained in the eyes of a hiring manager.
5. Tailor your resume
Make sure to tailor your resume to each job that you are applying for. This helps you stand out among other applicants. Tailoring your resume also shows the hiring manager that you have a clear understanding of their company and what they’re looking for in an employee. This will help them gauge how well of a fit you would be for the job and the company as a whole.
Targeting is one of the most important parts of creating a successful senior project manager resume.
Senior Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Allocation of tasks to each member of the team.
- Managing the team’s time and schedule.
- Meeting with stakeholders regularly to receive task updates and address concerns.
- Creating reports that present findings from project analysis and track project progress – including milestone completion, budget expenditures, and other metrics.
- Developing long-term project plans and identifying the necessary strategies to reach goals.
- Preparing and presenting the senior team with budget updates, status updates on project plans, and other elements as directed by the business or client.
- Managing the daily activities of the entire team to ensure compliance with policies and procedures for internal control systems (e.g., expense reports), compliance with government laws and regulations (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley Act), and other standards for the industry.
- Overseeing the financial health of the project team in collaboration with members of finance team.
- Monitoring compliance with internal policies, such as those concerning conflict of interest, fraud, and corruption to maintain a healthy working environment for both clients and employees.
Top 10 Must-have Senior Project Manager Skills:
- A deep understanding of the Master Project Plan and Scope Statement.
- Experience coordinating project teams to include: business analysts, programmers, quality engineers, software testers, and others. (see the Project Manager Skills section)
- Highly developed communication skills including strong written communication skills, effective interpersonal skills and attention to detail at all levels.
- A strong understanding of project management concepts such as scope creep, sponsor involvement, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing a project plan, obtaining approval of the project sponsor, and working closely with different departments throughout the development process.
- Expertise using MS Project software to develop detailed schedules and budget plans.
- Experience estimating the total cost of a project using Microsoft Excel or some other estimating and planning software. (see the Tools Skills section)
- Ability to administer local computer systems including: MS Office suite, email, internet browser software, database programs such as Access/SQL, etc.. (see the Tools Skills section)
- Demonstrated ability to use technology effectively.
- Experience working with vendors and suppliers to develop strong, successful relationships that leads to quality products and reasonable prices. (see the Vendor/Supplier Skill section)
Tips to write a Senior Project Manager Resume Summary:
A resume summary can be a great way to make an impact and get the attention of your employer.
Your resume summary should not include personal information such as age, address, marital status, or family circumstances. Aim to make it clear what your objectives are in terms of job role, responsibilities, qualifications and experience. Make sure the objective is appropriate for the position you are seeking.
- Stick to the rule of 12:
Limit your resume summary to only 12 lines.
- Choose a style:
Write a brief summary or an expanded version that includes further details of your experience. If you are applying for a number of positions, perhaps expand into several different parts. For each section, include the following information in bold type across the first line: Job title, company name. Details of duties and responsibilities (including start and end dates).
- What to include:
Focus on your achievements, for example what you have achieved and how you achieved it. Make sure you highlight your qualifications and give details of any awards. It is important that the summary is accurate, so check that the job titles etc are appropriate.
How to write a Senior Project Manager Resume with No experience:
A senior project manager resume is a job hunting document which lets you introduce yourself and your skills to employers and recruiters who might want to interview you for jobs. A senior project manager resume should include information about your work experience, education, hobbies and interests, awards or special recognitions and any other non-work-related achievements or activities.
A senior project manager resume generally has the following sections: contact information; summary of qualifications; relevant experience including education, work history, skills and awards; personal information including hobbies and interests; references.
- Include your objective.
This will help employers and recruiters know what type of work you are interested in doing.
- List your skills and achievements and include any awards earned for them.
List the skills that most employers would like to see on a resume, such as project management, communication, leadership, problem solving, team work etc. Be sure this content is relevant and interesting to the employer or recruiter who is going to read your resume or see it online.
- List all experience, including the length of time you held the position. This will give employers an idea of how long you have been in your career.
- Your “special skills” could be anything related to your field of study, hobbies or scuba diving.
- Include any awards or recognitions that you have received for your work, such as the Best Operational Efficiency Award from a large corporation or recognition for your efforts in an employee association or union.
How to write a Senior Project Manager Cover Letter:
A cover letter is a document a job seeker uses to write about themselves. They use it to explain why they are qualified for the position. A cover letter is used when applying for a specific position and should be attached to the resume. Here are some tips on how to write an effective cover letter for your Senior Project Manager Resume:
Search for the Job Announcement 1. Searching the announcement will help you build an idea of what is required in terms of skills, experience, and education in order to qualify for the position.
- What experience and skills do you have that are the best match to the position?
- You should always list your education first because it shows that you were serious about getting a higher education
- Make sure to include your current accomplishments in the first paragraph of your cover letter so it shows you are interested enough in the position to take some time writing the letter.
- Find and then segment your audience: you can do this by reading industry job boards, social media page like LinkedIn, blogs, and talking to people who have experience with the company you’re applying for.
- Use keywords that are specific to the position you’re applying for: i.e., “Senior Project Manager” not “Project Manager”.
- For each key point of your resume, seek out the most detailed and applicable statement you can find.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample