Are you a by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
Trade Marketing Manager
Marketing Adventurer, tech appreciator, traveling enthusiast, Experienced Entrepreneur with a demonstrated history of working in the think tanks industry. Skilled in Digital Strategy, Marketing Management, Advertising, Market Research, and Brand Management. That’s but one aspect of
me, the other side is a highly creative individual who loves technology, travel, fashion, industrial design and advancement in education for the new generation of young Einstein’s!
- Social Media
- Idea Creation
- People Encourager
TRADE MARKETING MANAGER
Accountable for developing and implementing marketing objectives and strategies for the activation of all below the line activity relating to the brand marketing calendar.
To include the development and implementation of new innovative marketing strategies for the brand within an extremely competitive environment – maintaining our Number 1 position in the prestige skincare category.
Evaluates results and provides feedback to Brand management.
Maintain retail partner relationships and utilize resources to promote the brand
- Ensures Customer and Market Growth
- Develops Trade marketing plan for Brand
- Promotes and protects the brand identity
- Manages Operational effectiveness
- Improves Business Processes
- Formulate trade marketing strategy across categories of skincare, make-up, and fragrance. Manage the launch activity within the marketing team.
- Manage and implement all new media initiatives – to include:
- Online advertising and promotions
- Magazine advert and advertorial communications
- Social media strategies
- Mobile campaigns
- Website developments
- Manage the Clinique database (target retailer databases; build EL database).
- Manage the implementation of new retail CRM system.
- Plan and manage the execution of a top door strategy with Sales Manager
- Regular in-store visits to ensure consistency of brand within malls and retailers
- Mall activation planning and implementation to ensure constant customer activation
- Build and maintain retailer relations within malls to identify top selling products within regions
- Review top performing malls as well as new malls to ensure relevant activation
Primary objective is to maintain or develop and increase brand presence and revenue through targeted and focused marketing activities in select geographical or language markets.
Other duties include:
- Implement strategies for acquiring and or retaining profitable customers
- Manage relationships with Channel partners
- Manage and maintain Brand integrity of the product
- Deliver and execute promotions and offers that are country specific
- Manage execution and planning of Conversion program
- Manage execution and planning of Retention promotions
- Support and develop VIP relationships
- Support other web marketing responsibilities as needed
- Prepare and communicate regular reports to line management
Responsible for the full marketing function of the brand which includes some of the following:
- Conceptualisation and implementation of marketing strategies on a monthly basis
- Structure and execute a balanced marketing communications mix; advertising – above and below the line, PR, e-marketing including web marketing/viral marketing, fairs and exhibitions, sales promotion, event promotions, sponsorship, packaging
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Manage and uphold marketing standards and image of the brand (145 stores)
- Direct marketing campaigns to customers in order to maintain retention, grow new customer base and increase re-serve rate.
- Lecture and inform Regional managers, Area managers, Branch managers, Assistant managers and Sales staff on marketing campaigns, marketing trends and the importance of marketing on a monthly basis
- Brand building to enhance product differentiation, grow brand economic value from a consumer and a brand owner perspective. Negotiate co-op partnerships with other retail brands to increase brand awareness
- Analysing partner relationships with a view to introduce new products/enhance existing products
- Implementation and presentation of all marketing campaigns to corporate Management board. Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and monitor metrics, especially ROI
- Continuously interact with internal and external customers to ensure the highest standard of service.
- Initiate and evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and implement a marketing plans. Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Effectively manage the feedback and detail needed for the In-house club magazine
- Continuously ensure that a good interactive relationship is maintained within the brand and relevant stakeholders.
- Cost, plan and implement the brand marketing budget
- Research, plan and implement together with the agency the new look and feel of Lubners, from “Lubners Furnishing your dreams” back to “Lubners are the greatest”
- Effectively monitor customer satisfaction levels on a regular basis and report back on any irregularities.
- Manage and implement all media initiatives – to include: TV, Magazines, Catalogue, Newspapers and Radio
- Effectively co-ordinate the timeous delivery of marketing/advertising material, ensuring that the customer’s expectations are exceeded at all times
- Interact with internal and external customers ensuring the highest standard of service
- To ensure that all deadlines are met
- Accumulate and monitor competitor activity
- Create a monthly communicator that is creative and exciting regarding current promotions and advertising
- Measure the effectiveness of catalogues and tv advertising on an ongoing basis
- Ensure that the image of the brand is upheld by all stores
IMM Diploma in Marketing Management
- Fashion Design
- Pattern construction
- Garment construction
Internal company courses
- How to prepare & evaluate advertising that works
- Negotiating for Results
- Advanced leadership – skills & practices
Career Expert Tips:
Exploring the Role of a Trade Marketing Manager
In today’s dynamic business environment, the role of a Trade Marketing Manager has become increasingly vital for companies looking to thrive in the competitive market. This position combines strategic marketing expertise with a deep understanding of the trade landscape, making it a key player in driving business success. Let’s dive into the multifaceted responsibilities and requirements that define the role of a Trade Marketing Manager.
Understanding the Trade Marketing Manager Job Requirements
Becoming a Trade Marketing Manager involves meeting specific criteria, a journey that demands a unique blend of skills and experiences. To step into this role successfully, consider the following prerequisites:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or a related field, showcasing a solid foundation in the marketing domain.
- Proven experience in trade marketing, demonstrating a track record of successful campaigns and initiatives that drove sales and brand visibility.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret market trends, consumer behavior, and competitor activities to inform marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, crucial for building strong relationships with trade partners and internal stakeholders.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and marketing software to track and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management skills, honed through experiences and possibly through relevant courses and certifications.
- Adaptability to changing market dynamics and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced business environment.
Additional certifications in marketing or related fields can enhance your profile and set you apart in the competitive job market.
Key Responsibilities of a Trade Marketing Manager
The role of a Trade Marketing Manager is multifaceted, requiring a strategic approach to drive success in the market. Let’s explore the core responsibilities that define this role:
- Developing and implementing trade marketing strategies that align with overall business objectives and contribute to revenue growth.
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand market trends, consumer behavior, and competitive landscape to inform marketing plans.
- Creating compelling marketing collateral and promotional materials for trade partners, ensuring consistent brand messaging and visibility.
- Analyzing sales data and market research to identify opportunities for growth and optimization of marketing efforts.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with trade partners, negotiating contracts, and ensuring mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Leading cross-functional teams to execute marketing campaigns effectively and monitoring their success through key performance indicators.
- Ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards in all marketing activities.
Each responsibility comes with its unique challenges and opportunities, shaping you into a well-rounded Trade Marketing Manager.
Trade Marketing Manager Resume Writing Tips
Crafting a resume for the role of a Trade Marketing Manager requires a strategic approach to highlight your unique skills and experiences. Here are some tips to create a compelling resume:
- Emphasize your successful marketing campaigns, showcasing the impact they had on sales and brand visibility.
- Detail your experience in building and managing relationships with trade partners, emphasizing successful negotiations and partnerships.
- Include quantifiable achievements, using metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of your marketing strategies.
- List relevant certifications and training programs, demonstrating your commitment to continuous learning in the dynamic field of marketing.
- Customize your resume for each application, aligning your skills and experiences with the specific requirements of the job.
Each tip is a step towards creating a resume that stands out in the competitive job market.
Trade Marketing Manager Resume Summary Examples
Your resume summary is the gateway to showcasing your career story. Craft a powerful snapshot of your journey, skills, and the value you bring to the table with examples like:
- “Results-driven Trade Marketing Manager with a proven track record of increasing sales by 15% through strategic marketing campaigns and effective trade partnerships.”
- “Experienced Trade Marketing Manager with expertise in analyzing market trends and implementing data-driven strategies, contributing to a 20% growth in market share.”
- “Innovative Trade Marketing Manager known for building and nurturing strong relationships with trade partners, leading to successful long-term collaborations and increased brand visibility.”
Your summary is a snapshot of your career, offering a glimpse of your achievements and expertise as a Trade Marketing Manager.
Create a Strong Experience Section for Your Trade Marketing Manager Resume
Your experience section is the heart of your resume, where you narrate your career story. Provide detailed examples to showcase your impact and contributions in previous roles:
- “Led a team in developing a trade marketing strategy that resulted in a 25% increase in sales within the first quarter.”
- “Initiated and executed a trade promotion program that boosted brand visibility and led to a 30% growth in market share.”
- “Collaborated with sales teams to identify key opportunities in the market, leading to the successful launch of a product that exceeded sales targets by 18%.”
Each experience is a chapter in your career book, highlighting your ability to drive success as a Trade Marketing Manager.
Sample Education Section for Your Trade Marketing Manager Resume
Your educational background is a testament to your foundation in marketing. List your educational milestones with details like:
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing, XYZ University, a journey of advanced learning and specialization, 2018.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, ABC University, the foundation of your marketing career, 2014.
- Certified Professional Marketer (CPM), showcasing your commitment to professional development, 2019.
Each educational qualification is a stepping stone, contributing to your success as a Trade Marketing Manager.
Trade Marketing Manager Skills for Your Resume
Your skill set is your toolbox, equipped with a diverse range of tools honed over the years. Showcase your abilities, both soft and hard skills, as a Trade Marketing Manager:
- Strategic thinking and planning, the ability to develop and execute effective marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, crucial for building and maintaining strong relationships with trade partners.
- Analytical skills, the ability to interpret data and market trends to inform marketing decisions.
- Leadership and team management, essential for leading cross-functional teams to execute successful marketing campaigns.
- Adaptability, the capacity to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment.
- Data analysis tools proficiency, to analyze sales data and measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Proficiency in marketing software, for creating and tracking marketing collateral and promotional materials.
- Understanding of industry regulations, ensuring compliance in all marketing activities.
- Team collaboration tools, for effective communication and coordination with cross-functional teams.
Each skill is a tool, contributing to your success as a Trade Marketing Manager.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing a Trade Marketing Manager Resume
As you craft your resume, be mindful of common pitfalls that can hinder your success. Avoid these mistakes to create a compelling resume:
- Using generic language, a strategy that fails to showcase your unique contributions and impact in previous roles.
- Neglecting to quantify achievements, missing an opportunity to demonstrate the measurable impact of your marketing strategies.
- Overlooking the importance of a cover letter, a chance to provide additional context and showcase your passion for the role.
- Being too technical or too vague, finding the right balance to effectively communicate your expertise without overwhelming the reader.
- Failing to proofread, a mistake that can leave a negative impression on potential employers.
Avoiding these mistakes will contribute to a resume that effectively communicates your value as a Trade Marketing Manager.
Key Takeaways for Your Trade Marketing Manager Resume
As you conclude this comprehensive guide, remember the key points to craft a standout Trade Marketing Manager resume:
- Highlight your successful marketing campaigns, emphasizing the measurable impact on sales and brand visibility.
- Showcase your ability to build and manage relationships with trade partners, emphasizing successful negotiations and partnerships.
- Incorporate quantifiable achievements to demonstrate the effectiveness of your marketing strategies.
- Include relevant certifications and training programs, showcasing your commitment to continuous learning in the dynamic field of marketing.
Now, take the next step in advancing your career by utilizing our free resources like AI Resume Builder, Resume Design, Resume Samples, Resume Examples, Resume Skills, Resume Help, Resume Synonyms, and Job Responsibilities to create an outstanding application and prepare for the Trade Marketing Manager job interview.