Are you a Web Developer by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior Web Developer Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Web Developer Resume Example
A Web developer with experience in web development using mean stack technologies, Angular, NodeJS, Express Framework, REST API, REST Web Service / JSON format / API, NoSql MongoDB, and MySQL with a passion to learn and improvise.
Backend Developer – Laravel
Sonic Shipping Company
- Shipping system to follow-up shipments and couriers.
- Print bill of landing as pdf.
- Assign shipment to the courier and update the status of shipment over time.
- Export excel sheet for data.
- Medico Health Web App
- Requirement analysis to determine its cost & time
- Project planning & choosing suitable technologies (Angularjs)
Voe E-commerce Company
- Collecting Requirement for E-commerce App
- Planning and choosing suitable technologies
- Tasking out the work with the team
- Checking the status with the team on progress
- Conducting team meetings
- Participating in UAT
Career Expert Tips:
Web Developer Resume Writing Guide & Tips
It’s no secret that the Web Developer industry is one of the hottest ones on the market. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to live anywhere in North America and still have a good chance of landing your dream job.
The thing is, now more than ever before, this job market is flooded with resumes — many of which are poorly formatted or lack the necessary experience listed. In the end, it’s your skills and experience that will set you apart from the competition.
That’s why we’re here to help you write a Web Developer resume that will help you land that job of your dreams. We’ve compiled tips on what should be included in your resume, as well as advice from professionals on how to create a killer resume and cover letter.
We’ll also show you how to customize each document by adding your own formatting and information.
How to write a Web Developer Resume:
Writing your own resume may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be a complicated process.
1. Contact Information for Web Developer Resume:
As a web developer, you’ll find yourself using many programs to build your site. You’ll also use additional software to create the pages you need. Maintaining contact information throughout these programs can be difficult and it may be difficult to remember where you put that job information. The most ideal way to keep track of your contact information is to have labels that clearly identify all of your contact information for each program and each site you’ve built.
2. Summary for Web Developer Resume:
Your resume should be a brief summary of all your relevant experience. Include your educational background and how you plan to use it to advance your career. If you are looking for job, include some highlights of the work you’ve done.
3. What You Can Show:
Use current research and surveys on web coding to translate that information into something that you can show on a resume or cover letter. Pick one statement from the survey as your top priority, and another as a second option if it’s important to have that skill highlighted.
4. Work Experience in Your Web Developer Resume:
You should use examples from your past work to illustrate your skills. You can include them in you resume as a bullet point, bulleted list, or some other type of list.
5. Learn the Language of Resume:
The key to making a good impression with your resume is to learn how to use it. Take the time to read up on resume language and study professional resume writing styles so that you know what will make an impact on hiring managers when they receive it.
6. Education on a Web Developer Resume:
You should include your education on a resume, but only as a background. It doesn’t need to be the first thing that you include.
7. Skills and Abilities on a Web Developer Resume:
Resumes are supposed to highlight your skills and abilities rather than simply listing all of the different things that you can do. To make sure that your skills are relevant, research the kind of jobs that you’d like to have in the future and pick the skills most relevant to them.
List of Typical Responsibilities For a Web Developer Resume:
- Develop and maintain web applications
- Develop web services
- Create, update, and maintain databases
- Manage and coordinate the software development process with team members
- Optimize websites for search engines and usability by conducting keyword research and reviewing code for optimization
- Create technical documentation for developers and end users
- Coordinate maintenance and perform code reviews for web-based software systems
- Create computer programs, subroutines, or scripts
- Analyze application performance and required performance improvements using software tools such as spreadsheets, databases, and spreadsheets
- Process personal data in accordance with legal requirements or contractual obligations
- Design layouts for web pages or web applications
- Create user interfaces that integrate with other systems on the web including content management systems (CMS), shopping carts, etc.
Top 10 Must-have Web Developer Skills:
Here are the top 10 web development skills that are in demand right now:
- SQL: In this fast-paced world, knowing database structure is a must. Being able to manipulate digital data is a skill that everyone needs. SQL or Structured Query Language, allows you to access, create and manage databases with ease.
- PHP: This is the powerful language which is used to create websites and web databases. PHP not only provides computing power but builds up personal connections between your website and its users.
- HTML: This is the basic language of all websites. HTML allows you to display text, images, and layout a website through formatting.
- CSS: This allows you to style your HTML webpages with color, dimensions, and spacing to create a stunning visual design.
- Graphic Design: It doesn’t matter if you’re creating an app or a website – graphic design is unavoidable! Those who can use graphic design programs such as Photoshop can save countless hours in creating stylish graphics for apps or websites.
- Web Applications and Websites: Web applications are a great way to simplify many processes, such as payroll, customer services, and banking. They have made life easier for many people.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics allows you to collect information about your website/app users and visitors.
- Database Applications: Database applications are the backbones of all companies, with them allowing you to store information such as sales figures, employee information, and customer details.
- E-Commerce: E-Commerce has taken over the internet with websites such as Amazon bringing sales to a whole new level by having a platform where users can purchase goods seamlessly.
Tips to write a Web Developer Resume Summary:
The first sentence of your Web Developer Resume Summary should be a short description of what you are looking for. The way to include this would be, “Seeking a position that will utilize my skills as a [insert skills] and [insert experience].”
The summary paragraph should not be longer than one paragraph. Because the first sentence is already your introduction, you will not put much information into the summary line. If your summary is longer than one paragraph, it should be broken up into multiple paragraphs.
Things to include in your Web Developer Resume Summary:
A list of the top ten to fifteen skills that relate to your career objective. A list of five to ten achievements that relate to your career objective. The top five work experiences that relate to your career objective. You should include the name of the company and what city it is based in, if it is not local.
“10 Years of experience in design and development of e-commerce solutions. Seeking a position that will utilize my skills as a Web Developer.”
How to write a Web Developer Resume with No experience:
- Start with a vision statement
- Put your best foot forward
- List your credentials and if possible quantify or qualify the significance of each credential.
- Include Accomplishments
- Mention your current skillset as it relates to the job you are applying for. Also, note any additional skills you may have and how they can be used to benefit the company.
- Include references (name, title, phone, email) – include your closest professional contacts that can vouch for your skills and abilities.
- Be sure to include a personal statement
- Help your interviewer understand how you have the skills and behaviors they’re looking for.
- Use keywords as tags to help you search for your resume on job boards. Search by keyword or phrase.
How to write a Web Developer Cover Letter:
- Don’t mistake your cover letter for a resume! Web Developer Cover Letters are basically the same thing as a Web Developer Resume except they’re written differently.
- Avoid spelling and grammatical mistakes in your Web Developer Cover Letter
- Use action words in your cover letter to make it stand out from other applicants!
- Keep the font size of your cover letter the same as your resume – no less than 12pt.
- Avoid using any fancy fonts.
- Sample web developer resumes and templates
- Tips for customizing your resume
- Tips from professional resume writers
- Be sure to follow up after you send your application
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Secondary School Teacher CV Sample
- Engineering Student CV Sample
- Credit Operation Executive CV Sample
- AWS DevOps Engineer CV Sample
- French Teacher CV Sample
- Software Operations Manager CV Sample
- Electrical Engineer CV Sample
- Financial Liaison CV Sample
- Senior Software Engineer CV Sample
- IT Specialist CV Sample