Are you a Application Analyst by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Application Analyst Resume Sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
- A result oriented professional with over 13 years of experience in VisionPLUS (Credit Cards) Application Development, Production Support, Implementations and testing including 12+ years of being a key member in DBS BAU team providing production support for DBS Singapore, Indonesia and Hong Kong businesses.
- Currently with First Data unit of Fiserv. Singapore as Application Analyst responsible for managing medium range projects for DBS also played many other lead roles like Implementation Manager, Project Manager, SPOC and Technical lead for various projects and assisted release leads and project managers.
- Efficient in Project Management Life Cycle involving analysis, design, development, deployment, debugging, support, testing, documentation, implementation, user training and understanding the business issues and data challenges of client’s organization and industry
- Developed and Implemented projects for DBS Asia involving the life cycle of the Credit cards from Embossing, Interest Processing, Statement generation, Payment Processing and Compliance Integration etc.
- Capable of analysing information system needs, evaluating end-user requirements, custom designing solutions, issue resolutions and provide quick response for BAU queries raised by business.
- Has extensive experience in complete Software Development Life Cycle including analyzing Business Requirements, writing Functional Specifications, Technical Specifications, Development, Preparing and executing Detailed Test Scripts, Deployment and Post Implementation Support.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills through facing Business and Operation and close engagement with front to back IT, Compliance and external teams. Constant and close engagement with business stakeholders and product owners for product backlog prioritization and agree the scope of minimum viable products
- Primarily worked in CMS, CDM, VMX, LTS, WSS, SSC and ASM subsystems of VisionPLUS. Extensively worked in CMS module.
- Extensively worked in COBOL, JCL, REXX, VSAM and Ezytrieve on Mainframe platform. Knowledge and exposure to tools like Fileaid, Abend aid , Connect Direct, Changeman, Endevor.
- Good Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, self-motivated and great passion to learn new technologies. Good Exposure to Task Allocation, Tracking and Status Reporting. Well Presented, Focused and Energetic Person with Excellent People Management and Listening Skills.
- Worked on key projects for DBS PayLah! (Mobile Payments), Random card number generation, ANZ to DBS Migration.
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Requirement GAP & Impact Analysis
- Project Planning and Implementation
- Problem Solving Techno-Functional Management
- Testing and Troubleshooting
- Technical / Functional Presentations
- Stakeholder Management
- User Co-ordination / Project Implementation
- Delivery Management
- Team Management
- Analysed business and system requirements at high level for new requirements or enhancements
- Skilled in utilizing operating systems, programming languages, and development tools
- Expert in installing, troubleshooting, operating, testing, planning and configuring Mainframe systems
- Proficient with COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM and mainframe tools
- Providing excellent client management inclusive of excellent communications, responsive follow through, and advocacy for client issues within internal departments
- Documented and reported the approach and actions taken for development of unit.
- Partnered with business analyst to identify business needs of the module, and developed solutions.
- Reviewed and tested programs and made necessary amendments.
- Ensured the quality by debugging and testing of the unit.
- Provided 24*7 support for VisionPLUS including Application and related infrastructure
- Adhered to coding standards as specified by client and organization
- Sound knowledge of structured programming technology and applications and development methodologies
- Ensure code integrity and Monitoring, control of the source code during the development
- Built standalone schedular for TRAMS for testing the file paths as requested by test BA’s
- Diagnose BAU UAT related abends and take the corrective actions required to solve the issue/abends and prevent it in future
- Having hands on Visa & MasterCard Simulators
Bachelor of Technology in Computer science
Fiserv Singapore supports DBS bank of the four countries – Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Taiwan. The project deals with providing VisionPLUS application support for DBS credit cards, unsecured loans. Enhancements involving medium and small scale projects and also providing batch support, resolving issues encountered / business queries, adhering to change management process for critical enhancement / production issues.
DBS CPS SIN
DBS Singapore had three different source codes for Singapore and Hong Kong with the corresponding country specific customizations. CPS SIN project dealt in merging the two different country source codes into a single source code along with the country specific customizations
Gold Source Support
Gold Source project dealt with creation of a shared VisionPLUS application layer for all GE money businesses, comprising base and global layers of VisionPLUS code and development, maintenance and governance of the layer for GE Money.
The global code set to be centralized, with the same set of source code and executables to be used by every business, thus ensuring that we all use a compliant global code layer
Career Expert Tips:
What is the Role of an Application Analyst?
In the dynamic world of IT, the role of an Application Analyst stands as a cornerstone in ensuring the seamless operation and optimization of software applications within an organization. But what exactly does this role entail? Let’s delve deeper into the multifaceted role of an Application Analyst.
An Application Analyst is tasked with the responsibility of managing, troubleshooting, and optimizing software applications. They work closely with other IT professionals and stakeholders to understand the business requirements and ensure that the applications are aligned with the organizational goals. Their role is pivotal in enhancing the functionality and efficiency of software applications, contributing significantly to the business operations and success.
They are the unsung heroes who work behind the scenes, ensuring that the software applications are up and running efficiently, meeting the business needs, and providing solutions to application-related issues. Their role is a harmonious blend of technical expertise and analytical skills, where they analyze the application performance, recommend improvements, and work on the deployment of application updates and new integrations.
What are the Application Analyst Job Requirements?
Stepping into the role of an Application Analyst demands a rich background in IT coupled with a keen analytical mind. Let’s explore the essential requirements that pave the way to becoming a successful Application Analyst:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, laying the foundational stone in the IT landscape.
- Profound knowledge and experience in working with various software applications, showcasing a journey of learning and expertise.
- Understanding of programming languages such as SQL, Java, or Python, a skill set that stands as a backbone in the application analysis.
- Experience in system analysis and database management, a testament to the technical prowess required for the role.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, a trait that enables them to find solutions to complex application issues.
- Strong communication skills, facilitating effective collaboration with team members and stakeholders.
Securing certifications in relevant software applications can further bolster your profile, showcasing a commitment to learning and staying updated with the latest developments in the field.
What are the Responsibilities of an Application Analyst?
The role of an Application Analyst is woven with a myriad of responsibilities, each contributing to the smooth functioning of the organizational software landscape. Let’s unravel the core responsibilities that define this role:
- Analyzing and evaluating the application landscape to ensure optimal performance.
- Working closely with the development team to design and implement application enhancements.
- Providing support and solutions for application-related issues, standing as a pillar of support for the organization.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand business requirements and translating them into technical specifications.
- Conducting training sessions for end-users, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
- Documenting the application processes and maintaining a repository of application documentation, ensuring transparency and efficiency.
Each responsibility is a thread in the intricate fabric of the organization, contributing to a robust and efficient application landscape.
Application Analyst Resume Writing Tips
Creating a resume that stands out in the competitive job market is a crucial step in your career journey. Here are some tips to craft a resume that narrates your story effectively:
- Highlight your experience in application analysis, showcasing projects where you played a pivotal role in enhancing application efficiency.
- Detail the technical skills you possess, painting a picture of your proficiency in the relevant software applications and programming languages.
- Include certifications and courses undertaken, showcasing a journey of continuous learning and growth.
- Personalize your resume for the specific role, weaving a narrative that resonates with the job description.
Each tip is a stepping stone towards crafting a resume that is both compelling and authentic, narrating a story of your expertise and dedication.
Application Analyst Resume Summary Examples
Your resume summary is the gateway to your career story, offering a snapshot of your journey and the value you bring to the role. Here are some examples to inspire you:
- “Experienced Application Analyst with a rich background in software application management, adept at optimizing application performance and enhancing efficiency.”
- “Detail-oriented Application Analyst with a proven track record in application troubleshooting and problem-solving, bringing innovative solutions to the table.”
- “Proactive Application Analyst with expertise in database management and system analysis, a valuable asset in enhancing application landscapes.”
Each summary offers a glimpse into your career, showcasing your expertise and the value you bring to the role.
Create a Strong Experience Section for Your Application Analyst Resume
The experience section is the heart of your resume, narrating the rich experiences and
milestones of your career journey. Here are some tips to create a compelling experience section:
- Detail the projects where you played a significant role, showcasing your contributions and the impact created.
- Highlight the technical skills utilized in each role, painting a picture of your proficiency and expertise.
- Include metrics to quantify your achievements, offering a tangible measure of your success.
Each experience is a chapter in your career story, narrating the journey of growth and learning.
Sample Education Section for Your Application Analyst Resume
Your educational background lays the foundational stone in your career journey. Here is a sample education section to guide you:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, XYZ University, 2015
- Certification in Database Management, ABC Institute, 2017
Each educational milestone is a testament to your learning journey, showcasing your dedication to acquiring knowledge and skills.
Application Analyst Skills for Your Resume
Your skill set is a rich tapestry of technical expertise and soft skills, woven through years of experience and learning. Let’s explore the skills that should adorn your resume:
- Analytical thinking, the ability to dissect complex issues and find solutions.
- Collaboration, the skill of working harmoniously with teams and stakeholders.
- Communication, the art of conveying your thoughts effectively.
- Problem-solving, the knack of finding solutions in challenging situations.
- Adaptability, the ability to thrive in dynamic environments.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as SQL, Java, or Python.
- Experience in database management and system analysis.
- Knowledge of software application management and optimization.
- Understanding of business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Expertise in application troubleshooting and problem-solving.
Each skill is a beacon of your expertise, shining light on your proficiency and readiness for the role.
Most Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Application Analyst Resume
As you craft your resume, steer clear of common pitfalls that can hinder your journey to landing your dream job. Here are the mistakes to avoid:
- Using a generic template, a strategy that fails to showcase your unique fit for the role.
- Ignoring the cover letter, a missed opportunity to narrate your story and connect with the potential employer.
- Overloading your resume with technical jargon, a strategy that can obscure your true value.
- Failing to proofread, a mistake that can leave a dent in your professional image.
Each mistake is a pitfall, avoid them to craft a resume that is both authentic and compelling.
Key Takeaways for Your Application Analyst Resume
As we reach the end of this guide, let’s recap the essential points to keep in mind while crafting your Application Analyst resume:
- Emphasize your analytical skills, showcasing your ability to dissect complex issues and find solutions.
- Highlight your technical proficiency, painting a picture of your expertise in relevant software applications and programming languages.
- Detail your collaborative efforts, showcasing your ability to work harmoniously with teams and stakeholders.
- Include a section on continuous learning, highlighting the certifications and courses undertaken.
Finally, feel free to utilize resources like AI Resume Builder, Resume Design, Resume Samples, Resume Examples, Resume Skills, Resume Help, Resume Synonyms, and Job Responsibilities to create a standout application and prepare for the Application Analyst job interview.
With this rich tapestry of insights and tips, you are now equipped to craft a resume that narrates your unique career story, a story of growth, learning, and expertise. Best of luck!
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
- Family Counselling Resume Sample
- Network Planning Analyst Resume Example
- Chief Executive Officer Resume Example
- Human Resources Development Manager Resume Sample
- Manager Automation Operations Resume Example
- Client Relations Resume Sample
- Human Capital Manager Resume Sample
- Mental Health Support Worker Resume Example
- Translator Resume Sample