Are you a Data Analyst by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior Data Analyst Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Business Analyst | Data Analyst
Detail-oriented IT analyst with over two years of experiences and have worked with IT products ranging from SAP MMSD, Odoo, Sharepoint, and a few of local ERP system. Excellent written and oral communication skills; capable of explaining complex software issues in easy-to-understand terms.
- SAP ECC6
- Odoo 13
- Google Suite
- UX Design
- Agile methodology
- Performing deliberate administration tasks to manage projects efficiently and effectively,
- analyzing and summarising business requirements,
- Conduct configuration and simulation to ensure the system was ready to be used by the end user,
- assisting in training and user education on how to use the ERP system.
- providing transactional and master data support to ensure the transaction done stays up-to-date.
I was put in a team of four people to develop a charity website in order to raise public awareness about Australian charity organization. My tasks was:
- Gathering and analyzing business requirements,
- managed the epics deliverables between each iteratives,
- developed the structure of data and information for the website,
- performed data cleansing on Australian government datasource to be used for the project.
IT Business Analyst
I was in charge of making sure that the intranet system (Ms. Sharepoint based) used by the oil exploration division stays relevant from the point of view of its information flow, the user interface, or its usability. I was tasked to :
- Update its data structure and the information flow using various diagramming tools,
- update its business process and identify point of improvement,
- Contruct test-cases and simulate the system to make sure it works as expected.
Master of Business Information System
- Enterprise system
- Business Intelligence & data warehousing
- IT Strategy and governance
- Enterprise architecture and management
Bachelor of Science in Computing
- Information system analysis and design
- Programming concept
- Database management system
- Project management
Career Expert Tips:
How to write a Data Analyst Resume?
Whether you’re an experienced data analyst looking for a new job or just starting your first job in the field, your resume is one of the most crucial tools for getting hired. This article will provide tips for how to customize a Data Analyst Resume and help you stand out from the competition.
1) Tailor your resume to the position to which you are applying. Tailor your resume not only by updating your education and work experience if needed. If applicable, include specific skills that will be useful in the new job.
2) List all of the relevant info about previous positions and companies you have worked for. The more information you can provide, the better. Include dates of employment, title or position held, and any relevant information about how you made a difference in that position .
3) Make your resume easy to understand. Make sure that each section is clearly labeled, and the information is organized in a way that allows the reader to quickly scan and absorb the information.
4) Be honest. Few things are worse than being rejected for a job you really want because you lied about something on your resume. Also, don’t be sneaky by claiming to work for someone you’ve only worked with one or two times.
5) Make sure the text is easy to read and formatted properly. This is especially important if the resume paper size is not an A3 size. Also, make sure your resume has a relevant title and is at least two pages in length. The more info you can provide on a resume, the better it is for your chances of getting hired.
6) Don’t forget to include a cover letter with your resume. This letter should provide more detail about why you are interested in the job and why you think you would be a good fit for it.
7) Be sure to mention any accomplishments directly related to the job for which you are applying.
8) Don’t be afraid to apply for jobs outside of your comfort zone, especially if there is no one currently available who meets the requirements on your list.
Data Analyst Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and gather metrics and data from various sources to provide insights of customer groups
- Collaborates with the reporting team and stakeholders to identify key business problems, and determine ways to solve them
- Participates in data design, development, testing, maintenance and enhancement.
- Designs analytical models that help identify trends, patterns, correlations and other characteristics about customer behaviors.
- Prepares reports using statistical techniques such as regression analysis, time series modeling or process control charts.
- Conducts business investigations and analysis
- Provides advice and support to the management team, executive officers, peers, and subordinates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from a top university with preferably a strong background in statistics.
- At least 3+ years of experience in the position as Data Analyst.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience for Senior level Data Analysts.
Top 15 Critical Data Analyst Skills:
- Data Management Skills
- Business Analysis Skills
- Statistical Modeling Skills
- Computer Programming Skills
- Business/System Analysis Skills
- Data Visualization Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Persuasive Communication Skill (How to Convince and Influence others)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Business Intelligence Skills (How to gather and manipulate data to provide needed information)
- Quantitative Skills
- Database Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Human Resource Management Skills
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
Tips to write a Data Analyst Resume Objective:
- Write an Objective that is specific and has keywords that describe your skills.
- Make it concise, straightforward, and easy to read.
- Include a one-sentence summary about your most important qualification or the main expertise you have in your field.
- Highlight your experience and skills in relation to the position for which you are applying.
What should a data analyst put on a resume?
- Data analysts should present their past experiences in their resumes.
- A data analyst should not leave out any information on their resume and should write it carefully.
- A data analyst must also prepare a cover letter for his/her resume before sending it to the company they want to work for.
- In resumes, data analysts must put down the skills they have so that recruiters will know that they are qualified to be hired for the job position they seek.
- The data analyst should not lie about their past experience in the resume but must present the facts as they are.
- A data analyst should try to put in his/her resume their skills regarding data analysis, database design, and presentation of statistical info.
- A good resume for data analysts should be very interesting to people who read it so that they can remember it and just have the right job applicants for them so they can get top-quality employees like them in their company
How to write a Data Analyst Cover Letter?
- A cover letter should be written in such a way that it gives some details about the applicant’s experience and skills and why he/she is the best candidate for the job.
- A cover letter should also include information on how to reach the applicant (e.g. by phone, email, etc.)
- Data Analyst Cover Letters should be written in a professional and clear language so that they will get read easily by hiring managers.
- A data analyst must be aware of the various types of cover letters that can be used by them when they are job-hunting.
- Data Analyst Cover Letter should contain information about the position(s) the applicant is applying for, and should state how he/she can help with getting the job(s) they seek.
- A data analyst cover letter should also contain information about why the applicant is interested in the particular position and what makes them different from other candidates for a similar position.
- A Data Analyst must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as anticipate potential problems.
- A Data Analyst must be able to work long hours in a team setting, which is beneficial for his/her career development
- A Data Analyst should be able to effectively present findings to management and other departments, using both written and verbal communication skills
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample