Are you an English Teacher by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional English Teacher Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
To secure a challenging position in a reputable organization to expand my learnings, knowledge, and skills. Currently seeking for employment opportunity in (including but not limitated to) teaching, journalism, content writing, publishing, merchandising, content moderating, social media, public relations and marketing.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Time Management
- Press Release
- English Literature
- Media Relations
- Teaching and educating students according to their academic needs, abilities and potential.
- Planning and preparing activities that engage students in language and literacy.
- Maintaining good order and discipline amongst students whilst they are in class.
- To provide prompt, accurate, effective and administrative.
- Meet with parents or guardians to address and resolve students’ behavioural and academical issues.
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date information in student.
- Play a key role in supporting the delivery of effective learning experiences.
- Responsible for the welfare of the students.
- Provide exercises in terms of writing and grammar.
- Monitor, train, instruct and guide students.
- Support at counter/front desk whenever necessary.
Bachelor of English (Literature) (HONS)
- 3.75 CGPA
- Expected to graduate with a First Class Honours in August 2020.
- Dean’s List Award(s) recipient.
- Participated in IT: CHAPTER 1 THEATRE PLAY through Language and Theatre class as Richie Tozzier.
- Organized a badminton tournament for Event Management class.
- Organized Talent Show for Innovations, Creativity and Talents class.
- Participated in THE WHIMS OF A KING PLAY through Introduction to English Literature 2 as Queen Mary.
- Organized activities for students of SMK Sri Utama, Petaling Jaya.
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
What Should Be Included In A English Teacher Resume?
A well-crafted English Teacher resume is essential to landing the job you want. When writing your resume, it’s important to include pertinent information that will showcase your teaching experience, qualifications and skills. Your resume should be tailored to highlight the things that will make you stand out from other potential English teachers.
When creating your English Teacher resume, you should begin by including your contact information at the top of the page. This should include your name, address, phone number, and email. You should also include a profile summary that explains why you are the right candidate for the job. This should be a concise sentence that describes your qualifications, skills, and experience.
When listing your educational background on your English Teacher resume, include information on the degrees you have earned and the schools you attended. Include the type of degree you earned, the coursework you took, and any special projects or activities you participated in. Be sure to include any certifications or licenses you may have earned, such as TESOL or CELTA.
In the work experience section of your English Teacher resume, be sure to list the teaching positions you have held and the length of time you worked in each position. Include the names of the schools or institutions where you taught, the duties you performed, and any accomplishments you achieved. You should also include any volunteer work or teaching-related internships that you completed.
Finally, you should include a list of skills on your English Teacher resume. These should include both hard and soft skills related to teaching. Examples of hard skills include curriculum development, lesson planning, and classroom management. Examples of soft skills include communication, problem solving, and the ability to motivate students . Don’t forget to mention any educational certificates or licenses you may have earned, such as TESOL or CELTA. You may also want to include language skills, such as fluency in spoken and written English, as well as any other languages you are proficient in.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For English Teacher?
When applying for an English teacher position, it is important to highlight the skills and qualifications that make you an ideal candidate. A comprehensive resume should feature your educational background, teaching experience, and any other qualifications relevant to the position you are applying for. In addition, you should make sure to include the special skills you possess that make you a great candidate for the position.
Some of the most important skills you should include on your resume include strong communication skills, strong organizational skills, and a passion for teaching. As an English teacher, strong communication skills are essential for working with students, sparking their interest in the subject, and helping them to understand the material. It is also essential to be able to effectively communicate the expectations of the classroom to your students.
Organizational skills are also important for an English teacher, as you will need to plan lesson plans and activities, grade student work, and keep track of their progress. It is important to be able to plan, execute, and evaluate activities in a timely manner.
Finally, you should also emphasize the passion you have for teaching English. This can be done through including any additional qualifications or courses you have taken in the field, as well as any past experience or volunteer work you have done that has helped you to hone your teaching skills.
These are just a few of the skills you should include on your resume when applying for an English teacher position. By highlighting these skills, you will be able to show potential employers that you are a well-rounded, qualified candidate for the job.
What Is The Job Description Of The English Teacher?
As an English teacher, your role is to provide instruction in the language, literature, and composition to students in elementary, middle, and high schools. You will plan and present lessons, assess student performance, and work with professionals in the education field. Your goal is to foster an appreciation for literature and the written word and to create knowledgeable, well-rounded students.
In order to be an effective teacher, you must have strong communication skills, organization skills, and critical thinking skills. You will need to be able to communicate effectively with students from diverse backgrounds, as well as with parents, administrators, and other professionals. You will also need to be able to develop and modify lesson plans to best meet the needs of individual students.
When writing an English teacher resume, you should focus on your teaching credentials and your ability to effectively communicate with students. Be sure to list all the classes you have taught and the grade levels you have taught. Also, highlight any specialized training you may have received. Additionally, include any awards or recognition you may have received for your teaching practices. This can demonstrate that you are an experienced and successful teacher.
Above all, your English teacher resume should show potential employers that you are passionate about English literature and teaching. The key to a successful English teacher resume is to demonstrate your knowledge of the subject and your ability to effectively communicate it to students.
What Is A Good Objective For A English Teacher Resume?
When it comes to creating a resume for an English teacher, the objective statement is a key part of the document. The objective statement should be tailored to each position that you apply for, so that you can highlight the skills and experiences that make you the best candidate for the job.
When writing an objective for an English teacher resume, focus on the particular qualifications that you possess that make you a great fit for the role. Your objective should emphasize the skills and experiences that set you apart from other candidates, so that it stands out to employers.
When crafting your objective statement, make sure to include your teaching abilities, qualifications, and experience. You should also demonstrate your passion for teaching and your enthusiasm for helping students learn.
For an English teacher, you may want to focus on your ability to encourage students in their reading and writing skills as well as your ability to develop engaging lesson plans. You may also want to emphasize any specializations or certifications that you have, such as teaching English as a second language.
In addition to your teaching skills and qualifications, you should also include any other experiences that you feel make you a great candidate for the job. This could include any relevant volunteer or extra-curricular activities, or any special knowledge or experiences that you have that could be beneficial to teaching English.
A good objective for an English teacher resume should be clear and concise and should emphasize your specific qualifications, experiences, and capabilities. It should be tailored to each job that you apply for and should demonstrate why you are the right candidate for the job.
What Are The Career Prospects In The English Teacher?
The job market for English teachers is growing, making it a great career choice for those with a passion for the English language. With the demand for English teachers on the rise, it’s important to have an up-to-date resume that showcases your experience and skills. With the right resume, you’ll be able to land the perfect position as an English teacher.
English teachers are in high demand, with the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting a 7% growth in the field by 2026. This means that there will be plenty of opportunities for English teachers in the coming years. As an English teacher, you’ll be responsible for teaching a variety of subjects from literature to grammar. You may also be asked to grade papers and work with students on specific language skills.
In order to be successful in the job market, it’s important to have an updated resume with the most relevant experience and skills. A strong resume should include your experience teaching English, as well as your qualifications and certifications. It should also highlight any volunteer or extracurricular activities that are related to English teaching.
Your resume should also include any awards and accolades you’ve earned for your teaching. It’s important to showcase your accomplishments to potential employers, as this will help them determine if you’re the right fit for the job.
To ensure your resume stands out from the competition, be sure to highlight your unique skills and qualities. This can include any special talents or qualifications that set you apart from other English teachers.
With the right resume, you’ll be well on your way to landing the job of your dreams as an English teacher . Make sure to include your experience, qualifications, and awards, as well as any special skills or talents that make you an exceptional teacher. This will ensure that your resume will make a lasting impression with potential employers.
Key Takeaways for an English Teacher resume
Creating a resume as an English teacher can be an intimidating task. However, understanding the key takeaways will help make the process much smoother.
- The most important takeaway when writing an English teacher resume is to focus on your education and teaching experience. Include any certifications or degrees you have earned, as well as any teaching experience you have had. Make sure to list any awards and honors you have received as a teacher.
- It is also important to include all of your relevant skills and abilities on your English teacher resume. Include any technical knowledge you may have, as well as your teaching methods and techniques. Additionally, emphasize any digital literacy or other technology-related skills you may possess that could prove useful when teaching English.
- When writing an English teacher resume, it is important to tailor the document to the job you are applying for. Make sure to include any special subjects or courses you may have taught as an English teacher, as well as any related certifications or training you have completed. This can set you apart from other applicants and help you stand out to potential employers.
- Finally, it is important to review your resume for accuracy and grammar before submitting it. Poor grammar and typos can make you appear unprepared and unprofessional. Make sure that all of the information in your English teacher resume is accurate and up-to-date.
Following these key takeaways can ensure that your English teacher resume is professional, accurate, and tailored to the job you are applying for. With a well-written resume, you can be one step closer to landing the job of your dreams.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example