Are you an Insurance Underwriter by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior Insurance Underwriter Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
An Underwriter with 7 years of experience (05 Year in Insurance compay & 02 Years of Broker) having goal to maximize profits for the company and minimize losses by competent analysis of insurance cover applications. My experience with different companies provided me with imperative first-hand knowledge and sharpened my risk assessment, policy-writing, and decision-making abilities.
Assistant Manager – Team Leader
- Preparation of Fire, Misc., Motor & Marine Quotations.
- Perform onsite Fire/Motor inspections to identify potential Risk & recommending how to minimize it by different techniques. Underwriting of Fire/Misc. business & supervising Marine & Motor Underwriter’s Team.
- Ascertain that all Underwriting Operations & file documentation complies with SOP, underwriting and authority level standards, and passes all audits.
- Review new & renewal Motor Fire, Misc. & Marine business requests in order to determine insurance risks, premiums and insurability based on corporate guidelines/standards.
- Responsible for authorizing/deciding of co-insurance when the risk is high or declining excessive risks.
- Prepared underwriting reports and updated insurance forms.
Deputy Manager (Team Leader)
- As a Team Leader with 4 Underwriter’s, Supervision of Marine/Motor Business in North Zone Branches and ensuring
- Compliance with underwriting guidelines & SOP. Preparation of Marine/Motor Quotations & attending meetings with new client for assistance of agents.
- Monitoring of Marine data entry in all Branches and posting of documents after final checking/Compliance with Marine underwriting guidelines & SOP.
- Underwriting of centralized Travel Business & Coordination with Re-Insurance department.
- Dealing with Refunds, Cancellation.
- Arrangement of Marine Unloading Inspection.
- Training of newly hired staff in H.O underwriting Dept.
- Underwriting of Fire, Marine, Motor and Travel Business.
- Checking of Renewal notices and subsequent reminders.
- Dealing with PPR’s, Refunds, Cancellation & commissions.
- Assistance of agents in response to questions about the proposed coverage.
- Dealt with co-insurers business, commissions and cooperation with claims in this regard.
Certificate of Insurance
MBA Insurance & Risk Management
Bachelors of Arts
Takaful Courses – by DNA Bank Limited & SECP
Engineering Insurance Course by Leo Insurance Institute
Workshops on Re-Insurance Market in NY