Are you an IT Project Manager by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional IT Project Manager Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
IT Project Manager Resume Sample
Dynamic & versatile professional with 20 years of international exposure and experience ranging from IT operation management, project management, cost & budget management
A keen planner, strategist & implementer with demonstrated abilities in whole IT operations management and new technology implementation for streamlining IT-related operations.
Expertise in spearheading multimillion dollars operations/projects and sustainable operations with optimal service and high cost-efficiency.
Project Manager – Complex IS Project
Work within Marsh E&P Division to manage and deliver complex IT projects including to mobilizing and demobilizing oil and gas activities as a result of acquisitions and divestitures
Head of Information Services (IT Manager)
Manage the onshore/offshore operational supports ranging from Wan/Telco, IS Infrastructure & Storage, Security compliance and other related Oil & Gas IT activities
Managed Infrastructure and Client Manager
Total Oil Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, Singapore
Lead group different teams in providing Helpdesk supports, end-users support, and Infrastructure support for approximately 3000 users across APAC affiliates (E&P, MS, RC, and GP).
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
California State University Los Angeles Campus
Bachelor of Science – Computer Sciences
Career Expert Tips:
IT Project Manager Resume Writing Guide
Are you looking for a job as an IT Project Manager?
If so, you’ll find your best chance in the resume, cover letter, and edited résumé. This one-of-a-kind resource is designed to help potential employers understand who you are as an IT professional. Written by industry experts, this guide contains everything you need to write your ideal transcript. Once you have the perfect resume, cover letter, and résumé tailored to you, your next step is to customize your resume and cover letter. This guide will show you how!
IT Project Manager Resume Writing Guide:
- Make sure that you are targeting the correct job
It is important to target the specific position that you want. Each company has a different way of writing job descriptions and IT project manager jobs do not all have the same requirements. Research the job description before applying or preparing your resume to make sure that it matches what they are looking for.
- Use a template professionally formatted resume is critical when applying for a professional position, as it gives you an edge over other candidates who have not taken similar measures. Contact a professional resume writer who can help you create a resume built on your skills and experience.
- Tailor the resume to the specific job you are applying for Keep your resume focused on the job you are applying for. Choose details that are relevant to your target position, rather than trying to include everything that you have ever done in your life. You do not want your projects or tasks from previous positions to clutter up the job at hand.
- Think outside the box When creating a resume, be sure to include information that will help the employer see you in a positive way. If you are applying for an entry level role, do not focus on your most recent projects as they might not relate well to the position you are applying for.
- Show how you can contribute immediately If your resume already has some experience, make sure it is tied to the job at hand and accomplishments which show how you can make an immediate contribution.
- Always be prepared for any interview Don’t know how to answer difficult questions? Research the types of questions you will be asked during an interview and learn what types of answers are expected. It will give you a head start and prepare you with some answers to use during the interview.
- Be positive Your resume must reflect your attitude, enthusiasm, and energy when writing it will help employers see that you are a positive person who can have an impact on their business.
IT Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure that IT projects are initiated when needed and on time.
- Ensure that IT projects are customized according to the client’s needs.
- Ensure the best possible talent is hired for the team working on a project.
- Train and mentor assigned team members to help them reach their full potential to ensure success of projects and achievement of the company’s goals.
- Monitor and review project progress and measure overall performance.
- Work with stakeholders to determine a project’s critical success factors, provide regular updates to executive team and address any issues that arise.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with clients and stakeholders.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects in a timely manner to ensure their success.
- Perform other duties as assigned by team leaders.
- Manage and resolve project issues, change requests, scope creep, etc.
- Participate on project team meetings with stakeholders and project team members to discuss progress, issues or changes in scope.
- Manage testing process to maximize product quality.
Top 10 Must-have IT Project Manager Skills:
- Client Interaction Skills — Client interaction is essential to the role of project management. The ability to communicate effectively with both superiors and clients is vital for success.
- Knowledge Management — IT project managers are responsible for managing all projects, and maintaining a successful track record of project plans and processes. They are expected to analyze the client’s business needs, match these needs with their own expertise, and produce solutions that will meet client objectives.
- Team Management — IT project managers are responsible for all teams and employees on the project, including task management, time management, staff training and development, and ensuring adequate staffing.
- Financial Control — When managing a global team or projects on a global scale, IT project managers need to have a firm grasp on financial control in order to manage multiple teams spread across different geographic areas.
- Client Orientation — Clients expect project managers to be their “single point of contact” during any stage of the process; from inception through completion. IT project managers are expected to be accessible to clients as often as needed, and to maintain a business-like rapport with them.
- Project Plan Development — An IT project manager’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the organization is meeting its strategic business objectives on time and within budget, while minimizing any disruptions to employees and processes. Therefore, managing the development of complex project plans is essential.
- Scheduling — IT project managers are responsible for all aspects of project scheduling, including forecasting, budgeting and managing resources.
- Conflict Resolution — Handling conflict is a common skill in IT project management, as there are often disagreements between team members on what should be done or how to do it.
- Quality Control/Process Improvement — When managing multiple projects by different groups of people, it is crucial that the IT project manager can ensure quality control and process improvement across all projects and clients.
- Project Reporting — IT project managers are responsible for reporting status to clients, as well as providing weekly status meetings and reporting to the organization. Simply writing a report is not enough; the report needs to be clear, concise and to the point.
Tips to write a IT Project Manager Resume Summary:
- The IT Project Manager resume summary should be a list of the most relevant and recent experiences that you have.
- The first paragraph is your opportunity to show the employer exactly how your skills will benefit their business. Make it count!
- If you are looking for IT Project Manager job promotions, then it is important to highlight any achievements or awards in your past work history.
- Depending on the type of IT Project Manager job you are applying for, and what type of employer they are, your resume summary will vary.
- The IT Project Manager Resume Summary should contain the following sections:
b. Work Experience
c. Skills & Abilities
How to write a IT Project Manager Resume with No experience:
- Have a clear goal when writing your resume. Know what position you want in the IT field. Or what specific job opening you are trying to get.
- Check out your current work experience and make sure that it is applicable for the job you want or position you are striving for at this point of your career, but also make sure that it is not outdated, or irrelevant to what is currently happening in the IT field today.
- Organize and select your experience on your resume. Select a portfolio example of your work history that you can point to when screening potential employers and making presentations.
- Create a list of professional skills that are relevant to the job you are applying for, and that you can confidently list as part of your work experience – without listing all of the different technologies and tools that you have used over the years, that might not be relevant today to what is being requested for IT project management.
- Break down your experience into manageable chunks, making sure you are listing relevant sections versus too much detail.
- Think about “key words” that you can use to describe what you have done in the past or what your accomplishments are in your resume according to the job position that you are applying for. For example, if this is a technical position, professional certifications such as Cisco CCNA might be a relevant “key word”. It also might be relevant if you have worked on a project management team and need to convey that in your resume.
How to write a IT Project Manager Cover Letter:
- [Heading] Address the cover letter to a specific person, not “To Whom it May Concern.” The ideal candidate should have about 10-15 year’s experience in networking and project management.
- [Paragraph One] In this first paragraph you want to sell yourself and demonstrate that you are well qualified for the position. That means highlighting your education, work experiences, certifications, and any other credentials that add value beyond just a plain old resume submission.
- [Paragraph Two] This is the meatiest section of your cover letter. Take some time here to highlight your accomplishments and skills in terms of the position.
- [Paragraph Three] In this sentence, be sure to make it clear why the reader should pick you as the ideal candidate for this project role. That means highlighting specific strengths that you can bring to bear on projects that would benefit from someone who knows how these things work!
- [Paragraph Four] Take this chance to reiterate your interest in the position, and make a closing statement about how you’re available to move forward when the company is ready.
Project Manager Summary
- Long experience and excellent skills in management and leadership.
- Reporting Skills and Professional Writing (Technical, Commercial & Marketing).
- Excellent experience/knowledge of the sales plan.
- Excellent experience/knowledge of Event managing and Event brand management.
- Mini MBA Student / Online / International Business Management Institute – Berlin, Germany.
- Excellent relations with all governmental directorates and NGO’s
- Excellent Coordination with Region Staff (Commercial & Technical) and Dealers.
Project Manager Work Experience and Responsibilities
Business Development Manager
Euro power Solutions
- Leading commercial, technical, sales, and financial operations.
- Managing the UK Office and providing elec. materials to the projects (Providing Medium Voltage & Low Voltage Panels, Switchgears, Kiosks, Transformers, Equipment &, etc to the projects In the UK).
- Collaborating with customers, vendors, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Europower Enerji A.S., operating on 38.000m² production area, develops and manufactures products for LV, MV and HV electrical systems with an experienced, solution-focused and highly skilled engineering team.
Outdoor Supervisor / Nationwide
- Collaborating with vendors, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Enhance internal and regional communications to deliver the best quality work and in time.
- Maintain good quality Outdoor network, evaluate and re-evaluate units and locations and monitor & control the network.
- Managing PR, PO, and Invoice processes.
- Managing Outdoor campaigns in all regions / Iraq.
- Controlling Outdoor information, maintain stable and ease excusable archives for review at any point in time.
- Enhance the working mechanism by creative initiatives to do the work more efficiently and effectively.
- Technical advanced PowerPoint reporting and presentations.
Project Manager Training & Courses
- Essential Management Skills. IBMI Online
- Accounting & Management Cores /British Institute AIAM
- Innovation for Development UNDP
- Telecommunication (BSS , NSS , IT , IN and Transmission ) 2010 KALIMAT TEL. CDMA Network
- Sales Management / Geniva Moran Co. NY
- Medium Voltage & Low Voltage System, Transformers, & Equipment etc.. (EURO POWER Factory)
- The IT Project Manager Resume has a clean design that is easy to read and takes up only a single page.
- The first paragraph of each section lists your title and place of employment, with your phone number and email address listed below.
- Each section has highlights from the job description, which is easy to do once you have researched it beforehand.
- You can choose to include education, certifications, languages spoken, as well as honors and awards (both within the appropriate sections).
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example