Are you a Learning and Development Manager by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Learning and Development Manager Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Learning and Development Manager
A dedicated and passionate professional with educational degrees from Belarusian and UK universities and project management experience in business and NGO sectors.
Designed and delivered several educational and leadership programs for different target groups. Has strong organization skills and good theoretical and practical knowledge of project coordination. Possesses excellent communication and analytical skills, as well as facilitation skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
- Analytical thinking skills
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- Creativity and problem solving
- Keen attitude to learning and applying new skills
- Recruited and coordinated a group of volunteers and facilitated their capacity building;
- Administered procurement activities and coordinated event service providers for the Minsk Dialogue Forum.
Led the development and management of a long-term leadership training program which included the following:
- Implemented training needs assessment and expectations of the target group;
- Designed the course curriculum and training materials (teaching and support kit);
- Promoted the course among the target group;
- Recruited and facilitated communication with trainers, consultants, participants of the course;
- Ensured the delivery of timely and informative reports at all stages of the course implementation;
- Supported the participants during the whole course, including stages of planning, implementation, and evaluation of their mini-projects;
- Collected and analyzed evaluation data sourced from the trainers and course participants, overall evaluation of the leadership course and preparation of recommendations for its further improvement.
Manager of Educational Projects
Managed an annual national essay competition for university students and an educational program for the winners of the competition:
- Coordinated the development of the competition’s concept;
- Disseminated information about the competition among the target audience, communicated with the participants;
- Designed the educational program;
- Communicated with internal and external experts and speakers;
- Detailed the technical specifications of visual materials, interected with designers and printing houses;
- Coordinated the implementation of the three-day educational program;
- Analyzed the participants’ feedback, formulated recommendations for future events.
Organized and moderated other educational events and expert panel discussions.
Media Analyst Assistant
- Monitored and analyzed relevant media content;
- Organized meetings and briefings with journalists;
- Drafted media content reports.
MA in Gender and International Development
Coventry, United Kingdom
BA in Linguistics
Career Expert Tips:
Learning & Development Manager Resume Writing Guide & Tips
The job market is booming, and a lot of companies are hiring learning & development managers s If you’re applying for the position or would like to receive more information, follow these tips as you tailor your resume. Get your cover letter and resume ready to ensure that it’s an application that stands out from the crowd, so you’ll be sure to get noticed when employers are looking for talent.
Getting Noticed with the Right Resume Template
Your resume is one of the first impressions you make on a potential employer and one of the most important tools in your job-seeking kit. You can provide a targeted resume that highlights your talents, skills, and experience.
It’s also important to remember that your resume should be tailored to each job or application you submit. Remember, that the hiring manager/recruiter is looking at a lot of resumes, so make sure yours stands out in a way that they can’t ignore.
Learning & Development Manager Job Description:
Learning & Development managers are primarily responsible for the success of people and their projects. They are responsible for creating and executing strategies that meet organizational goals. They must be able to develop strategies and tactics to attract, engage, motivate, inspire, and retain employees. That means learning & development managers need to understand how to communicate with human resources staff members, create policies by analyzing employee needs, and help employees identify new opportunities.
Learning & Development Manager Responsibilities:
- Meet with employees to learn more about their work processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create and implement training, team-building, motivational, and leadership programs to help employees reach their full potential through the use of a variety of methods including seminars, webinars, workshops, retreats, team-building exercises, and conferences.
- Provide advice and counsel to management and employees on interpersonal skills, conduct, development, career planning, growth, and performance.
- Lead team meetings with supervisors and other employees to evaluate employee performance in relation to goals and objectives.
- Partner with human resources staff members to fill job openings through the use of an organizational staffing approach that is based on competencies, skills, and specific experience.
- Create goals for new employee orientation programs based on organizational expectations and company culture.
- Help employees achieve career goals including tenure, compensation, benefits, and training.
- Provide training on current workplace policies and procedures to new employees.
- Provide assistance with the evaluation of alternatives and implementation of the recommendations of executive management or staff members.
- Partner with other departments/teams to ensure timely completion of objectives or projects by communication and coordination with all headquarters offices, suppliers, customers, etc., using a collaborative method of problem-solving and decision making that involves multiple perspectives to avoid roadblocks in decision making.
Tips to Write Learning & Development Manager Resume:
Here are some tips to help you write a resume that will get noticed and invite employers to call you for a job interview.
Make Sure the Job Description Matches Your Experience
If you’re applying for a job you’re qualified for, there’s no need to create a resume that includes experience you don’t have. Instead, highlight your relevant skills and accomplishments. If you do include something that isn’t exactly related to the job you want, be sure to explain why it’s important or how it shows off your experience. Having several relevant qualities listed out in your resume will help show off how well-suited you are for the position.
Take Your Time With the Resume
In a competitive job market, like the one we’re experiencing now, it’s critical to make sure that your resume is perfect and tailored to each application or job. This means taking as much time as you need to create something that will get employers interested in reading more of it. That said, don’t take forever to write your resume and forget about it. You might end up missing out on getting an interview because you never submitted it.
4 Steps to Writing Your Resume Summary:
- Research job descriptions for different jobs that interest you in your target career field. This can be done on available online jobs databases, social media sites or job boards.
- To write your perfect resume, you must first know the steps on how to format resumes. For example, different companies have different styles of resumes. Not only this, but a good resume covers every other area such as administrative background, previous work experience and education.
- You need to know how to write job titles specifically for certain careers where you are applying. Choose from these popular career titles for resumé summaries: Marketing Manager, HR Manager, or Development Director.
- Write a resume summary statement that shows your value to the reader. Your summary statement is the brief overview of your entire resume. This part of the resume needs to be succinct and highlight your work experience and attributes that make you a good fit for the role you are applying for. If possible, keep it short and less than five sentences long.
In reality, your resume summary should be written in a way that will create an emotional connection with the hiring manager. This means showing how you’re a great fit for the job or company, discuss potential challenges, and tell stories that show off your personality and get you noticed by the hiring manager. You’ll be able to impress this way by demonstrating who you are and what you can do for the employer.
Top 10 Learning & Development Manager Skills:
Here are the top 10 skills that employers are looking for in the resume:
- Business Analysis and Project Management
- Training and Development
- Performance Improvement Programs
- Employee Engagement and Communications
- Organizational Development and Change Management
- Training and Development
- Leadership Development and Soft Skills
- Strategic Planning and Legislation
- Organization Development
The above-mentioned section outlines the top 10 skills that employers are looking for in the resume. It is crucial to include these skills in your resume to get a good job.
The role of a Learning and Development Manager is to help different organizations achieve new heights through learning and development. Technical skills are very important in this area, but they should not be the focus. The focus should be on how you will help organizations reach their goals by generating results.
Use our example resume to make sure you include all the components that hiring managers are looking for. Check out our resume builder to format your resume.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Secondary School Teacher CV Sample
- Engineering Student CV Sample
- Credit Operation Executive CV Sample
- AWS DevOps Engineer CV Sample
- French Teacher CV Sample
- Software Operations Manager CV Sample
- Electrical Engineer CV Sample
- Financial Liaison CV Sample
- Senior Software Engineer CV Sample
- IT Specialist CV Sample