Are you a Learning & Development Professional by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Learning & Development Professional resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
Learning & Development Professional
Hi, Greetings of the day!
My name is John Dillinger, and I am glad to share my profile with you.
It all started in the year 2009 when I took up my first assignment as an Educator in Institute of Hotel Management – Ahmedabad and later joined major hospitality chains like Starwood Hotels, Hilton Worldwide, etc. In the year 2015, I got my first break into Fashion Retail, when I joined one of the biggest conglomerates, that is, Arvind Lifestyle Brands Ltd as Lead – Learning & Development for Bridge to Luxury segment/division.
I currently work with Lakme Lever Pvt. Ltd. as Training Manager and lead a fantastic team of 4 Asst. Training Manager and 46 Skill trainers who help our training plans get executed seamlessly.
- Training Needs Identification
- Training Delivery
- Team Management
- Innovative & Solution Based Mindset
- Written & verbal communication skills
- Salon CEO (Business focused training program for Salon Managers); Roll-out and Evaluation. The program is designed to help Salon Managers to improve their behavioral and functional skills on parameters; Team, Customer, Business and Process discipline.
- IMPACT training program; Salon operations based training interventions for experts, focused to improve salons’ Net Promoters Scores
- Trainee Salon Manager (TSM) Program; Design, Development & Execution (Management Training Program)
- Live Class Induction; First ever live class facilitation for new hires on the LMS
- Working with an NGO “Salaam Mumbai” for students’ internship program
- Quarterly Assessment of Salon Managers on 21 behaviors (9 box rating: Potential Vs. Performance)
- Flashcard based in-salon training program; Designed, Developed and Driven
- Uber – Driver Partners’ Soft Skills training interventions – Mobile App
- Rolled out behavioral training program for almost 2.5 lac Uber driver partners from designing and developing content to rolling out training interventions, with the team, in Phase 1& 2.
Lead – Learning & Development
Projects & Deliverables;
- Quarterly Training Calendar in sync with Business needs and expectations
- Content development; Induction, Soft Skills, Seasonal guidelines (Autumn Winter & Spring Summer).
- Rolled out key business impact projects focused on; ABV, ASP, Conversion Percentage
- Pioneered Wooqer (Mobile App based training platform) across the division with 50 plus training interventions and clicked 1000 plus learning hours
- Organized and facilitated “Train The Trainers” workshop for external/vendor trainers (5 days program/6months)
- Maintained a healthy average of 4.5 Training Man days of training / Employee / Month
- Trained the first ever Aeropostale team in India, before the brand launch. Also got recognized in Aeropostale’s annual periodical for all the efforts.
- Co-facilitated the first ever GAP store team and had a great launch
- Incepted an idea “Cross Brands Audit” which became an SOP later
- Invented “Success Stories”; a talent recognition initiative, which was adopted by other brands later
- Got away with pen-paper assessment, and innovated video-based assessment to understand training’s impact
- Started shooting learning videos for Autumn Winter and Spring Summer collections, highlighting season’s stories and key selling points. This practice became hit and later adopted by other brands
- Co-designed, scripted, acted and directed “FRIEND”, the guest experience journey program for BTL
- Launched D10; Daily 10 minutes energizers for in-store teams
Asst. Training Manager
Train The Trainers : Certification
High Impact Presentation Skills : Certification
Certified Hospitality Trainer
Masters in Tourism Management
B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Career Expert Tips:
What Should Be Included In A Learning & Development Professional Resume?
In order for recruiters and employers to take notice of your candidacy for a Learning & Development Professional role, it is important that your resume stands out from the competition. As such, making sure that you include all relevant information in your resume is essential.
First and foremost, include a summary of your Education and Professional Qualifications. Include a list of the courses, certificates and degrees that you have completed to qualify you for the role. Additionally, include any certifications or other qualifications that you have obtained in order to demonstrate your skills and expertise.
Be sure to include your Professional Experience as well. This should include a list of all of the roles that you have held in the past and the responsibilities that you had in those roles. Be sure to include any relevant experience that is related to the job you are applying for.
When listing your Professional Experience, make sure to include details about any challenges you faced, tasks you completed, and any successes you achieved. This will give potential employers an idea of your work ethic and your commitment to the job.
In addition to Professional Experience and Education, include a list of your Skills and Abilities. This should include any technical skills, such as software programs and systems, that you can use in the Learning & Development Professional role. Additionally, include any soft skills, such as communication and problem-solving, that you possess.
Finally, include information about any awards or recognitions that you have received. This could include any awards or acknowledgements you have received in the workplace or any professional awards you have earned. Including this information will show employers that your work is valued and that you excel in the Learning & Development field.
By ensuring that your Learning & Development resume is comprehensive and up-to-date, employers will be able to quickly recognize your qualifications and skills, and your resume will stand out from the crowd. Showcase your Learning & Development experience and expertise by including relevant job duties, certifications, and any additional skills, such as technical know-how or foreign language proficiency, that you possess. Furthermore, demonstrate the value of your work by highlighting any awards or recognitions that you have received for your achievements.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For Learning & Development Professional?
When seeking a job as a Learning & Development Professional, you want to make sure that your resume reflects the skills and qualifications the employer is looking for. An effective resume should clearly highlight your competency in the areas of instructional design, project management, training delivery and assessment, and learning technologies.
To demonstrate that you are the right fit for the job, start by including any relevant qualifications you have in learning and development, such as certifications, degrees, and other training. Also be sure to list any professional achievements or awards that you have earned.
To show potential employers that you have the skills and experience to do the job, list any specific learning and development tasks you have undertaken in the past. These could include designing and developing learning modules, managing projects, delivering training, and conducting assessments.
If you are experienced with digital and technology-based learning, be sure to include this information as well. List any learning technology platforms you have used, such as virtual learning environments, learning management systems, and e-learning platforms.
It is also important to showcase your soft skills and abilities that are essential for a successful Learning & Development Professional. These could be communication, problem-solving, time management and team working.
Make sure to include any language skills you have, as many Learning & Development Professionals use them when designing and delivering training, by including the right skills and qualifications on your resume, you will be able to demonstrate that you are the ideal candidate for the position of Learning & Development Professional.
What Is The Job Description Of The Learning & Development Professional?
A learning and development professional is a vital role in any organization. They are responsible for creating, implementing and managing learning and development initiatives for employees. Learning and development professionals plan and coordinate activities to help employees reach their fullest potential. These activities can range from workshops, seminars, online courses and simulations. They are also responsible for identifying and recommending learning and development solutions, ensuring that learning and development activities are aligned with company goals and objectives, and providing feedback on employee learning and development progress.
In addition to designing and leading development initiatives, the learning and development professional must also have a strong understanding of their company’s culture and values. They must be able to understand and foster an atmosphere of collaboration and respect among employees. They must also have excellent communication skills, as they are often responsible for communicating learning and development updates to the organization.
In terms of qualifications, the learning and development professional must possess a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as human resources or organizational development. Knowledge of instructional design, program evaluation and assessment, and training delivery methods is also important. A master’s degree in a related field may be beneficial for advancement.
The role of the learning and development professional is an essential role in any organization. They are responsible for designing, implementing, and managing learning and development initiatives to help employees reach their fullest potential. With the right qualifications, skills, and experience, a learning and development professional can be a valuable asset to any organization.
What Is A Good Objective For A Learning & Development Professional Resume?
When writing a resume for a career in Learning & Development, the objective statement is one of the most important elements. A well-crafted objective statement can help you stand out from the competition and showcase your unique qualifications for the position.
A good objective statement for a Learning & Development professional should include information that is relevant to the job. It should demonstrate your understanding of the industry, your knowledge of learning and development best practices, and your commitment to helping others learn and grow. It should also articulate your long-term career objectives and explain how this specific role fits into that goal.
Your objective statement should be concise and clearly highlight your relevant qualifications and experience. Examples of successful Learning & Development professional resume objectives include statements such as: “Experienced Learning & Development professional seeking to leverage exemplary leadership, instructional design, and project management skills to ensure successful training program implementation.
“Highly organized, detail-oriented Learning & Development professional with a track record of successful training program implementation and knowledge transfer. Seeking to apply expertise in instructional design, project management, and leadership to a new challenge. Dedicated to leveraging my knowledge and abilities to drive organizational success and improve employee engagement.”
“Motivated and knowledgeable Learning & Development professional with a Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, possessing a proven track record of successfully implementing training programs and transferring knowledge. Eager to apply my expertise in instructional design, project management, and leadership to a new challenge. Committed to leveraging my skills and abilities to contribute to organizational success and increase employee engagement.”
“Seeking a Learning & Development role to leverage my experience in instructional design and adult learning principles to help businesses and organizations develop and deliver effective learning experiences. lead the development and delivery of innovative training programs that promote professional growth and development, and to utilize my extensive experience in facilitating workshops and managing projects to design and deliver effective learning programs.”
No matter what your objective is, it should be tailored to the specific role you are applying for and should be designed to highlight your relevant qualifications and experience. With a well-crafted objective statement, you can help yourself stand out from the competition and demonstrate to employers that you are the ideal candidate for the job.
What Are 5 Responsibilities Of A Learning & Development Professional?
A Learning & Development Professional is a key player in the success of any organization. They are responsible for ensuring that employees have the skills and knowledge necessary to enhance job performance. In order to do their job effectively, Learning & Development Professionals must be knowledgeable about the organization’s goals, objectives, and business needs. They are expected to assess and develop training and development programs that are tailored to meet the organization’s needs.
- Develop Training and Development Programs: The Learning & Development Professional is responsible for designing and implementing training and development programs that are tailored to the organization’s needs. They must be knowledgeable about the organization’s goals, objectives, and business needs and create programs that make the most sense for the organization.
- Assess Training Needs: The Learning & Development Professional must assess the training needs of the organization and develop training programs that meet those needs. They must be able to identify gaps in employee performance and develop programs to bridge those gaps.
- Manage Learning and Development Projects: The Learning & Development Professional must be able to manage learning and development projects from start to finish. This includes setting project goals, creating timelines, managing resources, and evaluating the project’s success.
- Develop and Deliver Learning Content: The Learning & Development Professional must be knowledgeable about the organization’s content and be able to create content that is tailored to the organization’s needs. They must also be able to effectively deliver content to the organization’s employees.
- Evaluate Performance: The Learning & Development Professional must be able to evaluate the performance of the organization’s employees and make recommendations for improvement. They must be able to identify areas for improvement and create action plans to address those areas. Additionally, they must be able to provide feedback on the effectiveness of the organization’s content and the quality of its delivery.
What Are The Career Prospects In The Learning & Development Professional?
The field of Learning & Development offers a wide range of career possibilities for professionals who are passionate about helping people grow. Career prospects in the Learning & Development Professional field are highly varied and depend on the individual’s specialties and qualifications. Professionals in this field can specialize in educational technology, research and evaluation, instructional design and development, training, and curriculum development.
Learning & Development Professionals help develop curriculum, create training materials, and design class activities and instruction. They also assess educational needs and objectives, research effective teaching and learning methods, and monitor educational programs. These professionals are responsible for ensuring employees are able to work safely, effectively, and efficiently. They identify training needs, create and deliver appropriate training, and evaluate the results of training initiatives.
In addition, Learning & Development Professionals are also responsible for designing and implementing learning programs, setting up simulations, and developing online learning modules. They are also responsible for creating assessments, designing and developing multimedia, and providing technical support. Learning & Development Professionals must be good communicators, have excellent problem-solving skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The demand for Learning & Development professionals is growing because businesses understand the importance of training and development. As businesses become increasingly competitive, investing in the development of their employees has become essential. Those with experience and expertise in the Learning & Development field can expect to find rewarding and exciting career opportunities.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Database Specialist Resume Example
- Senior ELV Engineer Resume Sample
- Delivery Manager Resume Sample
- Project Manager Resume Example
- Postgraduate Student Resume Sample
- Technical Analyst Resume Example
- Scrum Master Resume Example
- Guest Service Associate Resume Example
- Electrical Engineer Resume Sample
- Risk Monitoring Accountant Resume Sample