Are you an Math Teacher by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior Math Teacher Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Teacher with 13+ years experience with secondary math, course design and curriculum development. An enthusiastic educator who understands the unique needs of individual students to enhance learning and promote confidence for their all-round educational success. Looking to contribute my knowledge and skills in an institution that has a genuine concern for students and recognizes that they are the leaders of tomorrow.
- Effective Communication
- Handling Pressure
- Schedule Management
- Relationship Building
HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER
- Geometry (2012-2016, 2018-pres.)
- Math Intervention Specialist (2016-2019)
- Algebra 1 (2017-2019)
- ICS Alg 1, Geometry, Alg 2 (2010-2012), PreCal (2018)
- Responsibilities have included Textbook Committee, New Teacher Mentor, and Team Lead
- Club Sponsor for 65 Roses.
MIDDLE SCHOOL SUBSTITUTE
- Math Teacher subsitute
- Long Term Substitute for Health.
EDUCATOR EXPERIENCE OUT OF STATE
- Math Teacher (1989-1991) Taught 6th and 8th grade
- Substitute (1988-1989) Dade County Public Schools
Corporate Fitness Specialist
- Managed employee fitness center
- Administered Stress Testing and Fitness Evaluations, created and implemented personalized fitness plans
- Conducted smoking cessation (ALA), stress management, nutrition, aerobics, and step classes
- Managed fitness center assistant and student intern
Master of Science in Education
Bachelor of Science in Physical Education
Graduate Preparatory Program in Exercise Physiology
School Science Fair 2019
- Planed and Implemented the School Science Fair
- Motivated the Student in participating in the program
- Included in Pannel of Judges to select best science experiment
Career Expert Tips:
How to write a Math Teacher Resume
Writing a successful teacher’s resume can be tricky. There are so many variables to consider, such as the timing for applying, your desired location and qualifications that most teachers don’t have time to prepare beforehand. The following article provides a step-by-step process for how you should create and tailor your resume to ensure you get hired in this competitive market.
Math Teacher Job Description:
A math teacher is responsible for providing students with the basic skills and knowledge of mathematics. They teach and learn about basic math, such as integers, fractions, decimals and percentages, as well as advanced concepts that may include geometry or algebraic functions. Many math teachers also provide students with hands-on experience by encouraging them to observe real-world applications of math in the sciences or social sciences.
A math teacher performs these duties in an academic setting. Students perform tasks that their teachers require them to do. However, the great thing about math is that it can be taught in various ways – either directly or indirectly. It’s all about how you teach and the way you explain it. You can provide your math lessons in various ways:
Teachers should pursue a degree in mathematics if they want to teach a math class.Math teachers must have an undergraduate degree in a mathematics discipline. It is important to have an undergraduate degree in mathematics if you want to teach math professionally.
Math teachers must have a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: mathematics; science; engineering; computer science; liberal arts, such as art, history or music; or teacher education. You can find these at either a community college or university. Experience and education are very important for being successful as a teacher.
Math Teacher Job Responsibilities:
- Teach mathematics in a subject area associated with their degree.
- Teach math classes for many years and have the required experience and skills.
- Teach math classes to successful students who are able to understand the concept taught on the subject.
- Identify students who can perform well in any given topic or grade level that is taught.
- Plan a lesson that is appropriate for how many students are in each class (normally 5 classes per day).
- Ensure that all of your teaching assignment precautions are taken.
- Prepare students for any work or tests that follow them such as projects, tests, quizzes, etc.
- Assign students their homework assignments according to the given timing.
- Summarize the key points of the class and offer extra help if necessary.
- Help students with their homework teach students how to do their own problems or find help online.
- Check student’s work frequently.
- Provide extra help to students who need it.
- Distribute problems to students, if possible, and ask them to finish outside of class time.
- Evaluate students’ skills in math problem-solving.
- Help students complete assignments that may be due at a specific date or on a specific date to allow students a more manageable schedule for their next assignment.
Tips to Write a Math Teacher Resume Summary:
The style and format of the resume will be very different from that of a science or humanities resume. For example, you are limited in the number of columns on the resume but there is no cap on length at all. Make sure to use this to your advantage by bolding keywords in your summary. You want to make it as easy as possible for someone to read it and understand exactly what you accomplished during your career.
The Math Teacher Resume Summary should be approximately one or two paragraphs long and clearly state what you did over your career that is relevant to a math teacher.
In this section, list all of the skills and qualities that make a great math teacher. Skills like patience, persistence, and critical thinking are essential for any person trying to teach kids the ins and outs of mathematics. However, your resume is not the place to write out your entire life story so include only those aspects of your personality that relates to being a math teacher.
The Math Teacher Resume Skills section is a great place to list your education, awards, and work experience.
Consider your marketability. What makes you unique? Concentrate on that and do not put too much emphasis on other things. Use the skills in the Math Teacher Resume Qualifications Section to make yourself stand out above the crowd.
Use your extra space to show off more of your personality and even include a short paragraph that describes why you want to be a math teacher.
Top 10 Must-have Math Teacher Skills:
- Understands the subject
- Has the ability to present a topic in a way that is accessible to all
- Understands the needs of an audience and tailors presentations accordingly
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and loves teaching
- Shows a passion for Math Teaching and is excited about sharing knowledge with others
- Able to plan lessons according to student’s understanding and needs
- Interacts well with students
- Can inspire students to learn new subjects by creating a positive environment
- Has the ability to make calculations that are required for the project.
- Are able to adapt to a changing environment, in terms of curriculum and teaching methods.
Tips to Write a Math Teacher Cover Letter:
There are a lot of things to consider when writing a cover letter for a mathematics teacher. This is one of the few places that you can take some artistic license. The cover letter is going to be your chance to let the hiring manager know why they should choose you over other candidates. You should begin by saying something that lets the employer know what you have been up to in the past five years or so. Include any jobs or experience that lays out how you would be an asset to their classroom once hired.
Starting with the skills you possess is a great place to start. Employers look favorably on candidates who have experience working in a teaching environment. If you are applying for an academic position, it will be necessary for you to showcase your skill at lesson planning. Remember that the hiring manager is looking for someone who can adapt to the needs of their classroom.
This section of your resume should be brief and easy to read. You should include the number of years you spent teaching and your position at the school.
Employers like to know that they are hiring someone who is experienced and capable. If you spent time working with a special population, be sure to mention it.
A cover letter is an especially important piece of paper if you are applying for an academic job.
Tips to Write a Math Teacher Resume with no experience:
If you are applying for a position where you do not have any prior teaching experience, it is important to spend extra time on your resume. Hiring managers want to see that you have the necessary skills, and the best way to do that is by showing all of the different positions you’ve held over the years. It is important to choose a few jobs which reflect your ability to learn new things and work in a fast-paced environment. You might also want to choose some jobs which show that you understand how children learn. This means that you should choose teaching jobs that have to do with math or science.
When you are writing your resume, it is important to remember that you may be responsible for keeping track of a lot of information. This means that your resume needs to be concise and easy to follow. If you spend more than three lines on your resume, you may lose the attention of a hiring manager who will quickly tire of reading about what you did and how well it worked out. Try to include your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address at the top of the page. Then list your relevant qualifications and education in bullet points in the middle of your resume.
Please write the Conclusion as a small paragraph that summarises your article. We hope the above resume guide helps you in creating a perfect resume to bag your dream job.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Mental Health Support Worker Resume Example
- Translator Resume Sample
- Finance Graduate Resume Example
- Marketing Student Resume Sample
- Quality Assurance Resume Sample
- Legal Assistant Resume Sample
- Commerce Student Resume Example
- Maintenance Engineer Supervisor Resume Sample
- Vendor Sales Manager Resume Example
- Event Manager Resume Sample