Are you a Medical Administrative Assistant by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Medical Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
Medical Administrative Assistant
Multifaceted Medical Administrative Medical Assistant with over ten years of experience supporting physicians and patients, in both clinical and administrative areas.
Hope You City – NewYork
- Directly responsible for coordinating outpatient and inpatient cases.
- Insurance verification and obtained surgery authorization and or letters of the agreement if required. Facilitated communication with physicians and insurance companies.
- Coordinated pre-op authorizations with the Utilization Review Department and ensures that all clearances requested by the provider are received prior to the procedure date.
- Processed pre-op orders (labs, EKG, X-ray, etc) and verify that pre-op clearance is obtained in a timely manner. Coordinated pre-op, and post-op appointments for patients.
- Managed surgeons calendar and efficiently utilizing all block time, facilitate communication between physicians and patients.
- Proper documentation on EPIC of surgeries and all communication with patients.
Lead back office Medical Assistant
United Health Group
- UCLA is where I obtained my strongest clinical and leadership skills.
- I assisted 18 surgeons in a fast-paced subspecialty clinic. Scheduling clinic appointments and assisting with minor in-office procedures as well as some airway emergencies. Proper documentation on EPIC of patients’ vitals, intake on all patients, venipuncture, medication reconciliation, and place orders on EMR.
- As a lead Medical assistant I participated in the interviewing/hiring and training process of new Medical assistants and I coordinated the surgeon’s clinics to provide appropiate coverage.
- I successfully launched a lean project to increase patient satisfaction and reduce clinic overtime of employees and wait time for patients.
High School Diploma
James Madison High School
Career Colleges of America
Mt San Antonio Community College
UCLA Excellence Award
UCLA Excellence Award
Lead Project UCLA patient satisfaction