Are you a Procurement Specialist by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional senior Procurement Specialist Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Senior Procurement Specialist
An experienced professional in the procurement management industry with 7 years of proven experience in multinational environments in different locations .
I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I’m a motivated person to work on projects and manage teams while we all enjoy delivering the needed objectives on time.
- Well versed with ERP Systems “ Oracle EBS and Cloud base system
- Leadership and people management
- Project/Result oriented
- Excellent communication, presentation and negation skills
- Maintain superior knowledge of the local and reginal markets and sources.
- Experience with huge volume of transactions
- Excellent in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Internet Explorer)
- UAE / GCC Driving License since December 2012
Sourcing and Procurement Specialist
- Responsible for category management of spend affecting survey projects
- Lead sourcing projects, supplier strategy, selection, execution and compliance – Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Manage contract to completion.
- Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- Identify and manage all violations and exceptions to existing supplier contracts
- Cost Modelling – Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into TCO and RFx evaluations
- RFI, RFP, RFQ services – Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFQ services.
- Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Manage the end to end process from creation to selection to contract implementation
- Ensuring optimization from an overall supply chain and cost efficiency perspective for the categories and contracts globally by driving agreement consolidation and analyze spend figures to negotiate new agreements and achieve savings
- Competitive benchmarking – identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts.
- Measure, report and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Category Management – Develop and manage categories and catalogs.
- Ensure alignment with stakeholders and that internal business requirement are met.
- Supplier Management – Understand and rationalize the supply base, manage key suppliers through a sourcing led supplier management program, and be responsible for applier escalations
Senior Procurement Engineer
- Devising and using fruitful procurement and sourcing strategies
- Managed a transformation project to centralize the procurement of UAE, Kuwait, KSA and Oman from a central unit in Sharjah.
- Discovering profitable suppliers and initiate procurement partnerships
- Negotiating with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Examine and test existing contracts
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
Mechanical Sourcing Engineer
- Develop and maintain 3rd party supply base
- Oversight the PO life cycle process with excellent knowledge of ERP Oracle EBS and Cloud Base Server.
- Support Sales/estimation team by bringing efficient alternate vendors to increase winnability
- Conduct negotiation / e-auction to drive cost down both at Pre and Post award stage
- Work with the highest payment terms to support WC reduction as per AOP
- Implement subcontractor agreements.
- Carry out system audits against the requirements of as per corporate audit guidelines
- Provide communication (and training if necessary) of the Supply chain to the Business
- Monitor Supply chain critical metrics for the country and deliver as per AOP targets
B. SC. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
GENERAL SECONDRY CERTIFICATE
ERP implementation – Oracle EBS
Career Expert Tips:
How to Write Procurement Specialist Resume
When you’re applying for a job as a procurement specialist, it’s essential that your resume stands out from the pack. With so many qualified applicants fighting for scarce positions, you need to show why you are the perfect candidate.
It’s important to customize your resume and cover letter so that they don’t just reflect your skillset but also match the company or firm’s needs and principles. If the people running the company see your resume, they will get a glimpse of your personality, and that makes all the difference in how you’re perceived.
Here are eight steps to successfully writing a procurement specialist resume:
Steps for writing a procurement specialist resume:
- Use professional language to describe your qualifications for the job and how you can be an asset to the employer [your value]. This is where you set yourself apart from applicants with similar experience and qualifications.
- Write a list of your accomplishments, awards, and references [strong statements of your skills]. You don’t have to use the same language as the job description. You want to show that you can put in your own special spin on the job. For example: “Innovative ideas increased workflow by 30%, was awarded “The Best when it comes to XYZ.”
- List relevant experience that demonstrates these accomplishments (experience should be relevant to the job you are applying for).
- If you are sure the employer will be interested in your area of expertise, mention it here in bullet points.
- If there is more than one position available, then list the position’s requirements or qualifications for each job.
- Confirm that the job description and the experience you’re seeking match your skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Include a section where you can talk about your motivations for applying to this particular company — how they suited your interests and why you’d be excited to work there (one sentence).
- Write an objective statement that confirms your interest in the company and how your experience matches their needs (one sentence).
Procurement Specialist Job Description:
A procurement specialist is a professional who is involved in obtaining products and services at the best price possible, which includes negotiating with vendors to get the best prices. A job in procurement can be quite desirable since there is very little that is more important for businesses than their expenses. The ability to save money for a company can lead to promotions and raises over time.
Procurement Specialist Responsibilities:
A procurement specialist has several responsibilities that are crucial to their success. The first responsibility is finding good deals on supplies and equipment, which can be done either by looking to see if the items can be bought from several different vendors, or by purchasing these items at the prices that have been negotiated.
- Conducting market research to decide which products and equipment to purchase.
- Negotiating contracts with vendors so that they have the overhead they want for their products and services.
- Evaluating vendor service standards to ensure that the items are up to par with what is needed for a company.
- Contacting vendors about their products and services so that they can be purchased at an excellent price, or in case of unavailability, finding another related product that will work well enough for the company’s needs.
- Meeting with vendors or the company CEO to discuss new products and equipment that will be needed, with a focus on the best prices for items that are critical.
Tips to Write Procurement Specialist Summary on Resume:
A summary section for a procurement specialist’s resume should be short and succinct. Be sure to include your top strengths (provided you have bullets on your resume) and also include how you can provide value to the company. Highlight some of your accomplishments or specific situations in which you excelled. Use this section to also explain why you are interested in the position, and what value you can offer the company by working there.
“An experienced and motivated procurement specialist with a proven track record in cost savings and process improvement. A seasoned professional with extensive experience in managing capital projects and maintaining budgets. Possess strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success working effectively with team members, project managers, senior management, and clients.”
“Possess more than ten years of procurement experience within the manufacturing industry including managed spend projects, strategic sourcing initiatives, supplier performance tracking, and contracts negotiations. Able to draw on extensive professional-level knowledge of the supply chain process including logistics management.”
“A perfectionist delivery and cost controls. Dynamic team leader who oversees and coordinates all procurement processes, including sourcing, contract negotiation, vendor onboarding, spend analysis, and data quality. Prototypical relationship management skills with a strong focus on customer service.”
After you have written your summary statement for the procurement specialist resume, be sure to add relevant keywords that describe what you do to the top of your resume below your contact information.
Tips to Write Procurement Specialist Experience on Resume:
The key to a solid summary of your career is to write the experience section in a way that is action-oriented. Try not to copy verbatim your resume. Instead, use phrases from the job descriptions you have done and make sure you communicate those achievements. Highlight words such as “captured”, “emphasized” or make up new ones if you are unsure of how to say it.
Your experience needs to be organized in a way that will give a recruiter and hiring manager a sense of how your are uniquely qualified for the role. This should not be done haphazardly; you need to make sure you are applying those skills to the job description as specific as possible.
Therefore, it is important that you organize your experiences section in this order: -company/ organization name – role: e.g. sales executive, manager, vice president, etc.
Tips to Write Procurement Specialist Skills on Resume:
To write a procurement specialist’s resume, the skill section must be written with care. Use action words like increased, streamlined, streamlined, etc. within the skills section and make sure to use the same keywords that match the job description to help your resume get noticed by recruiters and hiring managers. Be sure to highlight your technical skills (and any technical certifications), foreign language ability as well a range of computer programs you have used in the past.
Top 10 Must-have Procurement Specialist Skills:
- Negotiation Skills:
Negotiation is an important skill to possess in any job role. As a procurement specialist, you will be negotiating with vendors and suppliers, scheduling deliveries, and so forth. Without negotiation skills, you will not be able to bargain for the best possible price or contract terms.
- Communication skills:
Procurement specialists often have to interact with team members, vendors, and customers on a daily basis. Therefore it is very important that you have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Writing and speaking so that you can clearly explain your points, deal with objections and resolve issues.
- Attention to Detail:
Procurement specialists need to be very detail-oriented. By being attentive to detail you will notice problems faster and be able to fix them or prevent them from occurring in the first place.
- Time management skills:
Procurement specialists need good time management skills. They will need to make sure that they are on top of everything so that they can meet all of their deadlines and goals.
- Organizational skills:
You will need to keep track of your client and vendor’s agreements and deliveries, as well as keeping track of your own tasks. This requires good organizational skills so that you can keep track of all the things you are responsible for.
Procurement specialists need to be able to multitask, which means they must be able to deal with multiple tasks at the same time. You will need to make sure that you are completing all of your tasks and deadlines on time and being organized so that you know what needs to be done next.
As a Procurement specialist, you will need good teamwork skills. You will be expected to work with other team members, both within your organization and external vendors etc.
- Analytical skills:
Procurement specialists need to analyze data and figure out the best way to improve their operations. Analytical skills help you make better decisions and solve problems in a way that is efficient for the entire team.
- Leadership Skills:
As a procurement specialist, you will be expected to lead your team members by example, setting them up for success, and providing them with the guidance they need to achieve success.
- Customer Focus:
As a procurement specialist, you will be expected to focus on the needs of your clients. You need to make sure that everything that you do meets customer requirements and expectations and is actually useful.
Tips to Write Procurement Specialist Education on Resume:
The education section may be written either above or below the experience section, depending on your own preference. This is where you can describe your degree in detail and also include any specialized courses related to the position. If you would like, you can also include some of the courses you took that were not related to the job. However, if they are unrelated, it wouldn’t hurt if you mentioned them here.
Tips to Write Procurement Specialist Personal Information on Resume:
For the personal information section, make sure that you include all your contact information such as mailing address, phone number, email id, etc. Also, make sure the resume looks neat. If you want, use a font size that is readable for both eyes (Use 12-14 point font if possible). If you would like to add some color to the resume, try using a high impact color in this section.
How to Write Procurement Specialist Cover letters:
Write the perfect cover letter that highlights your skills and experience as well as showcases your personality. To write the perfect cover letter, you need to know how to write yours and adapt it using tips from industry professionals. Follow this step-by-step guide for help with cover letters tailored just for you!
- Practice writing a short letter, so you can write the perfect one “on the spot”.
- Think of a cover letter as just another tool to help you get the job done.
- Write a custom cover letter for your resume highlighting your skills and experience.
- Adapt a sample cover letter for your situation and customize it by adding details about yourself.
Tips to write Procurement Specialist Resume with No experience:
- List all your relevant experiences, like internships or jobs that would help you excel in the career of a procurement specialist, including your GPA and major.
- If you are a recent graduate with little work experience, focus on your education and the skills that you have developed.
- Create a stand-out headline to display any special skills like foreign languages or advanced software such as Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- List your qualifications and skills under the headline. Procurement specialists are a diverse group of professionals with a variety of skills, but you should focus on your problem-solving skills and any relevant certifications that you have earned.
- Make sure that all of your experience is relevant to the position that you are applying for unless it only supports your CV. Be sure to include unpaid and volunteer work if it is relevant at all to the position.
The above article helps you in writing your resume for the job that you’re looking to get.
You should take the help of our simple resume builder to make your resume look perfect and appealing. It helps you in getting a perfect job in the future.