Are you a Senior Translator by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Senior Translator Resume Sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
Competent, dedicated and highly knowledgeable Translator with over 7+ years of experience in translating interactions for German clients, attending audio/video calls for smooth interactions, and reviewing business agreements. Expertise in using translation tools to provide efficiency and ability to handle multiple clients simultaneously with the team. Adept in maintaining strong work relations using exceptional soft skills.
- In-depth knowledge of German language and currently pursuing C2 level program.
- Extensive experience of working with various firms and their Deutsch clients by helping in business interactions.
- Adept in handling audio/video calls for German clients as well as giving appropriate answers to queries.
- Capable of working with translation tools like Transit NXT, memoQ, Wordfast, and Skype.
- Fluency in German and English, and possess exceptional time-management and interpersonal skills.
- Providing German translation services for various regional corporate offices by preparing business agreements for their international clients.
- Assisting in translating business and technical documents for easy comprehension of clients.
- Attending company conferences with clients to help in translating a company’s vision, explain product demo and the services offered as well as in negotiating business deals.
- Using Wordfast, Transit NXT to ensure consistency of translation for documents and efficiency during tight deadlines.
- Supervising a team of 5 interns to translate the documents, and examining the final copy to ensure the content represents same meaning as intended.
- Reviewing applicant resumes to determine their candidacy for the vacant positions at the firm, and conducting interviews to recruit for junior positions.
- Translated and designed program brief, project correspondences, and maintained transparency in business agreements
- Translated documents received from the Deutsch clients and local collaborators in English.
- Coordinated with the senior executives for video conferences, and provided installation instructions for company’s generator systems.
- Participated in the online meetings with clients, and provide verbal translation for facilitating easy communications among the teams.
- Reviewed the translated documents to check for spelling mistakes, and grammatical errors.
- Answered client calls to provide satisfactory explanation regarding queries by acting as a middle-link between the client and the concerned team.
Internship – Entry level Translator
- Reviewed outgoing client agreements and business documents to identify errors in translation, including grammar, spelling mistakes.
- Translated clients’ questions to the development team and conveyed appropriate answers as received.
- Collaborated with the marketing team to attend business expos to expand network and find new customers by acting as a translator in their conversations.
- Assisted the team in creating presentations for client meetings by adding subtitles to the slides for better understanding of the project development phases.
Volunteer – Translator (Part-time)
- Thoroughly read the given material to translate the concepts from German into simple and understandable English language for the staff.
- Reviewed the client documents to research complicated words to ensure the translated content conveys original meaning.
- Created English version reports by compiling the client information using specialist dictionaries, thesaurus or other reference books.
- Assisted the staff in answering client queries during their visit to the company by translating the dialogue from both parties.
- Consulted with experienced professional and subject matter experts to understand certain concepts and translated them appropriately.
- Attended weekly training sessions conducted by the foreign language department to increase vocabulary and gained fluency in German.
Bachelor’s Degree in Arts (Major in German)
American Translator’s Association