Are you a Software Project Manager by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior IT Project Manager Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Software Project Manager
Project Manager with 7 years of expertise in development and project operations. Collaborative in meeting with stakeholders to understand their requirements. Results-driven in monitoring projects by ensuring production adheres to schedule and managing production team, identifying problems and providing targeted solutions. Frequently praised as focused by my peers, I can be relied upon to help your company achieve its goals.
- .Net (Visual C#) 3.5/4.0/4.5
- SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2017
- WCF Services
- Web Services
- Java Script
- Angular Js
- Project documentation
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Interacted with stakeholders or business executives to identify requirements and created project scopes to help meet objectives.
- Developed, updated and maintained database of existing and potential customers.
- Coordinated with Android Team in developing project plans for prioritized initiatives.
- Worked as Sr. Software Developer to develop web application, improve operations and provide exceptional customer service.
Software / Web Developer
- Analyzed requirements and designed, developed and implemented software applications for multiple websites.
Trainee Software Developer
- Assisted in planning of software and system testing efforts.
- Wrote code on .Net(C#) platform using visual studio.
- Contributed ideas and suggestions in team meetings with seniors and delivered tasks on deadlines.
Master of Computer Applications
Specilization:Computer Science And Programming
Bachelor of Science
- Front End: HTML,CSS and Angular JS
- Back End: SQL Server 2017
- Description: It’s an online advanced cloud-based finance management ERP solution that comes integrated with technologies.
- Role: I am responsible for designing User Interface, logic implementation, and manage complete backend for various clients like Minorava.
- Front End: HTML,CSS and Angular JS
- Back End: SQL Server 2017
- Description: It’s an online advanced cloud-based school management ERP solution that comes integrated with technologies.
- Role: I am responsible for designing User Interface, logic implementation of Transport Module and Syllabus Generation, and manage complete backend for various schools like jayess academy.
CPI Fin App (In-house Project)
- Front End: Asp.Net and Java Script
- Back End: SQL Server 2008 R2
- Description: It is a General Insurance Employees Co-operative Credit Society Limited, In-house project to manage the financial data of their members. Its Financial Management System with complete reports .
- Role:I am responsible for Coding, Reporting and logic implementation of tricky Issues excluding FD module and backend also.
Career Expert Tips:
Guide to write a Software Project Manager Resume
Are you interested in a career as a Software Project Manager, an essential part of their job is to write resumes and cover letters tailored just for them. I’ll walk you through all the steps of creating your own resume so that it will stand out from the crowd.
What is a Software Project Manager Resume?
Wikipedia defines the Software Project Manager at: “A software project manager is someone who, along with programmers, is responsible for planning and managing the overall project.” There are many different types of project managers ranging from those working for the United States Department of Defense (DoD) to those working in small companies in their own business. The responsibilities of these individuals vary highly as they work on many different types of projects.
Software Project Manager Resume Writing Tips:
You need to know the requirements of your target job and highlight those skills accordingly.
In order to make yourself stand out among other Software Project Manager Resumes, you need to show enthusiasm for the project and its aim, and describe how your expertise will contribute to the success of the project.
Demonstrate a clear understanding of a structured approach by outlining clearly how needed actions will be taken. You need to remain flexible in order to react and solve problems that may occur in various stages of development.
You will want to use action words that describe who you are, what you did, and how well your skills align with the responsibilities of the job.
Mentioning software tools is a great way to show off your expertise and make yourself stand out. For example, if you are applying for a Java Development position, be sure to put Java in Software Tools on the list of your software tools.
If you wish to be considered for a role as a Software Project Manager, you need to show your skills in solving problems and resolving issues. Be sure to outline how your skills will help the organization or team solve problems and reach their goals. You may add the required tools, like if your resume is in HTML
or Word, use phrases such as: “designs and develops software projects using XHTML, CSS, JSP” (in this case XHTML stands for Extensible Hypertext Markup Language).
It is an excellent idea to highlight your achievements in terms of the team and in particular when you were able to lead others, or go against the current in order to achieve the best results.
You can also include a Professional Development Plan that will outline how you will develop your career as a Software Project Manager.
You can show that you are able to manage projects with a timeline, and outline your career goals as a Software Project Manager.
It is important to use the right keywords that will make it easier for the job hunters and recruiters to find your Software Project Manager Resume. Using the right keywords is also important for getting matched with jobs by Freelance Talent Scout. When using Freelance Talent Scout, search for specific words like: “Software Project Manager.
Software Project Manager Resume Sections:
- An objective statement detailing what the job seeker wants to achieve in their career and what they are looking for in a new role.
- Practical experience – Many employers still favor experience over education, so your resume needs to include an extensive list of practical projects you have worked on, particularly if you have any industry certifications or degrees that do not directly apply to the job description.
- Honors & Achievements – List any honors or awards you have received while working for a company, such as being voted Employee of the Year.
- Leadership & Management Experience – List the amount of time you spend managing others, and highlight your management and leadership skills. If you have any certifications as a project manager, list them here as well.
- Education – Include the name of your school, degree or certification you received, and a brief summary of what it teaches to potential employers. Hopefully this will illustrate how your education has prepared you for the job.
- Experience – List a chronological list of all work experience, highlighting your most relevant and significant positions. List each position with as much detail as possible for each. For example Role at company X, role at company Y, role at BizCorp C-suite position, etc. If you have a lot of jobs or roles, list them in reverse chronological order. For example Company X, company Y, BizCorp C-suite position, etc.
- Accomplishments – List achievements in the job descriptions and achievements that only apply to you. For example Recruited 20 new hires; increased sales by 35%.
- Researched and implemented a new database to keep information on all of the company’s products and their usage.
- Skip the objective portion of your resume, if you are applying for an entry-level position; it is not necessary. You should focus on other sections instead, such as job responsibilities or accomplishments.
Software Project Manager Resume Headline:
This should be the first thing that an employer sees when reading the resume. This headline should highlight the best skills, and specific experience that you have that closely relates to your career objective. It also acts as an opportunity to put some personality into your resume.
Software Project Manager Resume Objective:
This should be a very clear, short statement of what position you are seeking. The objective is an easy way to tell if the employer is going to toss that resume in the garbage. It should highlight your skills, abilities, and experience, and show how they can benefit the company. Options for Software Project Manager Resume Objectives:
- Expand or reduce product line
- Business Development Associate (BBDA)
- E-Commerce Web Developer
Software Project Manager Resume Profile:
- This section should highlight your skills, abilities, and experience. Choose the Software Project Manager Resume Profiles that best fit you. It is recommended that you choose a selection of Software Project Manager Resume Profiles to give the employer a broad overview of your skills, abilities and experience. You may wish to add your own personal touch to one of these profiles or write one yourself.
- It is good to have at least two Software Project Manager Resume Profiles (notice the plural form here). This will add interest and variety.
- Use your best judgment on how much information you include with the profiles. Usually one for your professional experience, one for academic information. I always include my graduation dates, name of my university, major, and grade point average (GPA).
Top 15 Skills to Include in a Software Project Manager Resume:
- Communications Skills
- Client Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Software Development Skills
- Cross-Functional Teamwork Skills
- Workforce Planning and Deployment skills
- Program Management skills
- Leadership and Decision Making skills
- Time Management and Multitasking abilities
- Project Management Software
- Project Management Software Reviews
- Project and Program Management Books
- Project and Program Management Certifications
- Technical Skills
Tips to write a Software Project Manager Cover Letter:
Make your cover letter easy to read — use simple, short sentences and avoid long paragraphs.
Keep in mind the one-page rule: no more than one page should be devoted to the resume. Use bullet points to highlight important points from your resume.
Keep your cover letter focused on why you’re the best candidate for this specific job and not a generic “cover letter” that every applicant sends out.
Keep the tone of your letter professional, but not “formal” — include anecdotes and details relevant to the job.
Avoid using acronyms and industry jargon.
Paraphrase a key job requirement or objective in the first paragraph. Use this to launch into examples of what you did well in previous positions.
Summarize your skills and experience in one or two sentences at the end of your cover letter.
An example of the right way to write a cover letter:
“I am a detail-oriented, organized, and structured problem solver who takes initiative. I am proficient and experienced in systems analysis and design, development, and implementation of complex business applications. I maintain meticulous work logs to achieve successful project timelines as well as report on project status in timely fashion. I excel at ensuring customer requirements are met while maintaining line item budget constraints.
Please find my resume enclosed for your review. Thank you for considering me for this position.”
An example of the wrong way to write a cover letter:
“Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing this letter in regard to your job posting for the Operations Manager position. I have 6 years of experience in IT and software development with many successfull completion of my work. I have a proven track record and skills in project management, planning, training, problem solving and communication with customers. I will be able to meet all job responsibilities on time and within budget.
Thank you for considering me as a candidate for this position.”
- The resume for a software project manager should highlight technical and management skills.
- A career in project management can take many different paths; make sure to tailor your resume to the position you’re applying for.
- There are lots of online guides that can help you write a winning resume, so make sure to seek the advice of professionals.
- There are plenty of resources available to help you start a career in project management – if this path sounds appealing, make sure to do your research and network as much as possible.