Are you a System and Database Administrator by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional System and Database Administrator Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
system and database administrator
IT professional with over 5 years of experience particularly in system and database administration. I established a good understanding in administering, monitoring and managing system and database for various business needs. Dedicated to efficiently optimize available IT resources to align with business operations to enable organization to effectively achieve its short term and long term goals.
- ORACLE 11G
- Sql server 2012, 2014
- Windows active directory 2016
- Linux (Ubuntu) 18.04.3
System and Database Administrator
Duties and responsibilities:
- To analyze and organize business needs to meet system requirements.
- Coordinate and perform system integration with other service provider.
- Perform network security and ensure all system patches are applied consistently.
- To plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations of the Company.
- To manage, design and apply database changes according to organizational needs.
- To design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures of the Company.
- To ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- To act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
- To identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time.
- To audit systems and assess their outcomes.
System and Database Administrator
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure the maintenance of the database server and daily database consolidation.
- Provide and implement database security measure and ensure database user security is assigned according to roles.
- Ensure System and database backups are taken according to the established company policies and procedures and perform database recovery when required.
- Ensure smooth running of the system by implementing periodic checkup
- Provide System high availability by implementing redundancy and fault tolerance
- Perform database server updates and ensure database security measure comply with company policy.
- Create and maintain reports to meet different business need and completion of monthly reports for management.
- Active directory and Database server installation and deployment of features whenever a need arise.
- Create active directory users and assign security measures according to company policy
- Create different batch files for various tasks automation for ease administration
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing consultancy and support for Micro-Fidelio software
- Integrate third party software to work with micro Fidelio software
- Database monitoring and performance tuning
- Installing and configuring Micro-Fidelio software
- Be responsible for the project assigned and providing training to clients
- Establish and maintain good corporate relations through effective customer care and publicity of Micros-Fidelio products to achieve client satisfaction
- Stay abreast of product development and industry advances.
- Provide database backup and perform system upgrades
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identify and specify business requirements
- Sorting data and construct query to meet business goal.
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by users.
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security.
- Data collection, handling, maintenance and updating.
- Developed Relational database management system by using Mysql
- Monitoring database and ensure minimal downtime during business operation
- Analyzing, designing and developing system functional units.
Advanced Diploma in Information Technology
Awarded: advanced diploma in information
Advanced certificate of secondary
Awarded: Advanced certificate of secondary school
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
What Should Be Included In A System and Database Administrator Resume?
As a system and database administrator, writing an effective resume is a crucial part of getting the job you want. Your resume should showcase your technical knowledge and expertise, as well as highlight your interpersonal skills. It should be tailored to the position you are applying for and contain the right keywords and information that will get your resume noticed by recruiters.
To do this, your resume should include some key components. Firstly, include a clear and concise summary statement that outlines your professional qualifications and demonstrates your technical aptitude. This will provide recruiters with an overview of your experience and qualifications and should be tailored to the specific job requirements.
Next, feature your technical skills and qualifications. This should include any certifications you possess, as well as any knowledge of computer languages and tools you have mastered. Be sure to give example of how you have used these skills in a professional setting to showcase how you can be an asset to the organization.
Finally, include any relevant experience that you have, such as previous system and database administrator roles. Include the specifics, such as the technologies used in the roles and your responsibilities. This will demonstrate to recruiters that you have the relevant experience for the position.
By following these guidelines and featuring the right information, you can create an effective resume that will get you noticed by potential employers. Your resume should be a powerful reflection of your abilities and qualifications, and should help you stand out from other job applicants.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For System and Database Administrator?
When you are writing a resume for a job as a System and Database Administrator, it is important to include the necessary skills and experience that will make you a qualified candidate for the position. It is important to highlight your technical skills and ability to manage databases, as well as the ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. It is also important to showcase any experience that you may have with scripting and scripting languages, as these skills are highly valued by employers.
In addition to your technical skills, the ability to work in a team environment, communicate effectively, and manage time effectively are essential skills to include on your resume. Showcasing your experience with network infrastructure, system development, and system engineering will also be important as employers look for a candidate with a solid background in these areas.
Including certifications that you may have in database administration, system design, or other aspects of information technology is also recommended. Be sure to include the names of any software, operating systems, and languages that you may have experience with as employers will want to know that you are familiar with the tools that are used in the workplace.
Finally, don’t forget to include any other relevant skills on your resume that may not be related to information technology. For example, if you have experience with customer service or project management, these are also important skills to include. The goal is to showcase your range of skills and experiences, as well as your technical knowledge, so that employers can get a better sense of who you are and how you can contribute to their team.
What Is The Job Description Of The System and Database Administrator?
The System and Database Administrator is a critical role within any company or organization. They are responsible for maintaining, creating, and administering computer systems and databases, as well as ensuring their security. This requires a great deal of technical expertise and knowledge about the organization’s systems and databases. The System and Database Administrator works closely with other system and network staff to maintain the integrity and efficiency of the organization’s systems. They also need to stay up to date with the latest developments in their field and be able to troubleshoot and solve problems quickly and effectively.
The System and Database Administrator ensures that the company’s hardware and software are all running optimally, and they are responsible for updating and maintaining the databases. They must also be able to design and manage backups and disaster recovery solutions in the event of a system failure or data loss. The Administrator must also be able to troubleshoot network and software issues, and must be able to handle high volumes of data quickly and accurately. They are also responsible for ensuring that the organization’s networks and systems are secure and compliant with data protection regulations.
Finally, the System and Database Administrator must be able to communicate effectively with other system and network staff, as well as with users, to ensure that the organization’s systems are running smoothly and efficiently. This requires strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical personnel. With the right combination of technical and communication skills, the System and Database Administrator can ensure that the organization’s systems are running optimally and securely.
What Is A Good Objective For A System and Database Administrator Resume?
When writing your resume for a System and Database Administrator position, your objective should reflect the skills and experience you offer that make you an appealing candidate for the job. An effective objective should highlight your experience in IT systems and databases, as well as your ability to manage and troubleshoot databases. It should also demonstrate your ability to work independently and your strong problem-solving skills.
Additionally, your objective should showcase your excellent communication skills, as well as your capability to explain technical concepts to non-technical personnel. With the right combination of technical and communication skills, the System and Database Administrator can ensure that the organization’s systems are running optimally and securely.
When crafting your resume objective, it’s important to include some of the following phrases:
- Knowledge of database management systems
- Proficient in system administration
- Experience in developing and managing databases
- Ability to troubleshoot system and database problems
- Ability to use analytical skills to determine best solutions
- Skilled in data security and integrity
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
This type of objective can help to make your resume stand out and demonstrate your qualifications. Additionally, it can help employers understand what kind of system and database administrator you are and the value you can bring to their organization.
What Are The Career Prospects In The System and Database Administrator?
System and Database Administrators are in high demand, due to the critical importance of ensuring that businesses’ IT infrastructure is secure and running effectively. With the growth of the internet, businesses’ dependency on technology is only increasing, so the need for qualified System and Database Administrators is expected to grow significantly.
The roles of System and Database Administrators vary, but they all involve ensuring that the IT systems they are responsible for are functioning correctly and securely. System and Database Administrators are expected to monitor and maintain systems, troubleshooting and resolving any issues, creating and managing accounts and permissions, and ensuring that system backups are taken and stored correctly.
The salary range for System and Database Administrators is quite wide, with senior administrators earning significantly higher than entry-level positions. As well as their expertise in different software and hardware systems, System and Database Administrators need to stay up to date with the latest development and security protocols.
Database Administrators in particular can expect to be in high demand, as they are responsible for maintaining and protecting business’s digital assets. In addition to their technical expertise, successful Database Administrators need to be able to communicate effectively with stakeholders and have problem-solving skills.
Overall, a career as a System and Database Administrator offers a wide range of opportunities and a good salary. With the increasing reliance on technology, the demand for System and Database Administrators is only expected to increase in the coming years.
Key Takeaways for an System and Database Administrator resume
Creating an effective System and Database Administrator resume is key to landing a job in a competitive field. A System and Database Administrator maintains the operation of computers systems and provides technical support for computer networks and databases. Before writing your resume, it is important to familiarize yourself with the requirements of the job.
Key takeaways for an System and Database Administrator resume include:
- Demonstrate Technical Skills: To be a successful System Administrator and Database Administrator, you need to have the technical know-how to maintain the hardware, software and networks. Include specific details of the technologies you are experienced with and skills you possess.
- Provide Successful Projects: Highlight the projects you’ve successfully completed that demonstrate your skills in developing and maintaining systems and databases.
- Include Achievements: Show potential employers what you’ve accomplished. Include any awards or certifications that demonstrate your expertise and ability to handle the responsibilities of this type of job.
- Focus on Relevant Experiences: Include any experiences and responsibilities that are related to the position you are applying for. Focus on experiences that demonstrate your ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems quickly.
- Show Communication Skills: System and Database Administrators need to be able to communicate complex technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. Demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively by including any special training, certifications, or presentations you’ve given.
By taking the time to focus on these areas in your resume, you’ll be on your way to making a great impression on potential employers and demonstrating your expertise and ability to handle the responsibilities of a System or Database Administrator role.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example