Are you a Administrative Assistant by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Administrative Assistant Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
Organized and dedicated Administrative Assistant with proven track record of providing exceptional customer service in fast-paced environments. Offering keen attention to detail and strong decision making skills to manage multiple, concurrent tasks. Self-motivated work ethic with ability to perform effectively in independent or team environments. Strong and fast, hands-on learner with an extensive background in interacting with multiple cultures and ethnic groups. Driven by empathy and consistent personal growth, with both management and leadership qualities, experience and training.
- 10 key
- 60-80 wpm
- 15yrs Customer Service
- MS Word/Excel
- Quickbooks & QuoteSoft
- Multi-line phone
- Inventory/Office Administration
- Fast, hands-on learner
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs. Consistently monitor and keep up with Company emails, Efficiently monitor a multi-line phone system to take orders, answer questions and relay messages. Operate office machines, including but not limited to, computers, copiers, printers, faces, etc. Regularly keep notes, create charts, maintain records and update department training guides, using specific programs and applications, such as MS Word and Excel.
- Create, edit and process Estimates and Invoices according to guidelines, using specific billing programs and applications, such as Quickbooks. Compute sales prices, total purchases, etc; receive and process cash or credit payments. Help maintain inventory. Consistently update proper signage and display, according to guidelines and safety standards.
- Combing thru specifications for each new job received. Reading and deciphering Blueprints to highlight the correct areas and record the correct items required regarding each new job, according to guidelines and regulations, using specific construction programs and applications, such as QuoteSoft FabShop. Compile all raw data and reports needed to submit finished job. Maintain records and reports, dated and current, related to bids and sales.
- My Annapolis Office
- Elements Therapeutic Massage
Deferred – Completed 1yr coursework towards Assoc. in Arts
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
What Should Be Included In A Administrative Assistant Resume?
When crafting a resume for an administrative assistant position, it’s essential to include the right information. A winning administrative assistant resume should highlight superior organizational and project management skills, as well as excellent communication skills.
The key to making a standout administrative assistant resume is to make it clear that you have the necessary skills for the job. A well-written resume should include specific examples of previous job duties that demonstrate your ability to be an effective administrator.
Your resume should start with a compelling summary statement that gives prospective employers an overview of your professional profile. This should include a brief description of your background in administrative assistant work, as well as a few of your most important skills and qualifications.
Underneath your summary statement, the body of your resume should be broken up into sections such as “Work Experience” and “Skills”. Your work experience section should include your most recent administrative assistant positions and any prior job titles that demonstrate your qualifications for the role. List the duties associated with each job and include any achievement or awards you received for your performance.
Your skills section should include any technical skills specific to the role, such as proficiency in Microsoft Office software, as well as softer skills such as organizational skills or customer service skills. Don’t forget to include any certifications or specialized training you have received related to administrative assistant jobs.
Finally, be sure to include any additional information that may be relevant to the position, such as volunteer experience, language skills, or education. By tailoring your resume to the specific administrative assistant job you are applying for and emphasizing the skills necessary for the role, you can ensure that your qualifications stand out to prospective employers.
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For Administrative Assistant?
If you are applying for a job as an Administrative Assistant, it is important to highlight the skills and experience you have that can make you stand out from the competition. Your resume should include the key skills required to work in this role, such as communication, multitasking, problem-solving, and organization. Many of these skills can be showcased in your job experience and educational background. However, some employers may look for specific qualifications and skills on your resume.
When describing your skills on a resume for an Administrative Assistant position, it helps to include specific examples. This includes software programs you are familiar with (such as Microsoft Office), as well as tasks you have completed in previous jobs that are related to the role. You should also list any special skills, such as fluency in a foreign language or proficiency in a specific industry.
When it comes to problem-solving, your resume should demonstrate your ability to identify and resolve any issues that may arise in the workplace. You should also note any methods you have used in the past to handle difficult situations and any experience you have in managing deadlines and competing tasks.
Organizational skills are also important for Administrative Assistants. Make sure your resume showcases your ability to stay organized, such as by completing tasks in a timely and efficient manner, or by meeting deadlines.
Finally, effective communication skills are essential for this role. Include any examples of successful communication or collaborations you have had in previous positions. It also helps to provide evidence of your ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, such as customers and colleagues.
By highlighting the key skills and experience you need to be successful in an Administrative Assistant role, you can be sure to stand out to prospective employers.
What Is The Job Description Of The Administrative Assistant?
The job description of an administrative assistant varies greatly depending on the company and industry. Typically, administrative assistants provide support to a team or organization, and their duties may include a wide range of tasks such as managing projects, preparing reports, organizing meetings and events, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, and generally ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of the office. On top of this, they often provide administrative support to executives and managers, making sure their paperwork is completed and filed correctly. Administrative assistants must be highly organized and detail-oriented, since they are often in charge of multiple tasks and deadlines. They should also have excellent communication and customer service skills, as they typically interact with a variety of people on a daily basis.
Administrative assistants are responsible for streamlining office operations and providing administrative support to various teams and departments. They are often the first point of contact for incoming calls, visitors, and emails, and must be able to handle requests in a professional and timely manner. Administrative assistants may be responsible for maintaining records, creating documents, managing databases, and organizing travel arrangements. They are also responsible for assisting execut ivess and other staff with various tasks, such as scheduling appointments, preparing reports, and filing documents. They must ensure that all paperwork is accurate and completed on time, and that all forms, contracts, and agreements are properly reviewed and filed correctly. Administrative assistants must be highly organized and detail-oriented, since they are often in charge of multiple tasks and projects.
Administrative assistants provide administrative support to various teams and departments, often acting as the first point of contact for incoming calls, visitors, and emails. They must be able to handle requests in a professional and timely manner, as well as maintain records, create documents, manage databases, and organize travel arrangements. Additionally, administrative assistants are
What Is A Good Objective For A Administrative Assistant Resume?
When writing a resume for an administrative assistant role, it is important to craft an effective objective statement. This statement is the first thing a potential employer will read and should make a great impression. An objective is a statement that outlines your career goals and aspirations, and should be tailored to the job you are applying for.
A good objective for an administrative assistant resume should clearly state your experience and qualifications, as well as the specific job you are applying for. It should be concise and to the point, while conveying enthusiasm and your commitment to the position. For example, an administrative assistant might have an objective such as, “Seeking a challenging administrative assistant role where I can utilize my organizational and communication skills to support the company’s mission and help it reach its goals.”
It is also important to mention any specific skills or qualifications that make you the ideal candidate for the role. These should be tailored to the position you are applying for and should be backed up with evidence from past experience. For example, a candidate might include, “Strong communication skills with experience in managing email correspondence, calendar management, and customer service.”
When writing your objective statement, ensure that you have all the necessary information and that it is clear, concise, and to the point. This will ensure that the potential employer receives a positive first impression of your resume and will make you stand out as a top candidate for the role.
What Are The Career Prospects In The Administrative Assistant?
The administrative assistant career is an attractive option for many individuals looking for a steady, well-paying job. With an average median salary of more than $36,000, the job offers a great option to gain skills, experience, and job satisfaction. The administrative assistant career is a great way to learn office management skills, as well as the principles of business and the day-to-day operations of an office.
The job of an administrative assistant involves a wide range of duties and responsibilities. These duties can vary depending on the company, but typically involve working with computers, filing, organizing and preparing documents, answering phones, and other administrative tasks. The administrative assistant must be organized and efficient in order to properly manage the office and support the team.
The career of an administrative assistant can range from entry-level positions to executive-level ones. With experience and skills, the administrative assistant can move up in their career. As they gain more experience, they can become more specialized in certain fields and become an expert in the field.
When looking for an administrative assistant job, it is important to create a resume that emphasizes your office skills and experience. A resume should include a clear description of the job that you have done and the skills that you possess. It is also important to highlight any awards or recognition that you have received. Additionally, it is important to highlight your qualifications, such as any certifications that you have received.
Overall, the administrative assistant career is an attractive option for many individuals. With the right skills, experience, and resume, the administrative assistant can find an entry-level position and move up in their career as they gain more skills and experience . With the right training and education, they can become more specialized in certain fields and become an expert in the field. This could even lead to the opportunity to become a manager of an office or department, or to take on a more advanced role in the office.
Key Takeaways for an Administrative Assistant resume
When writing an administrative assistant resume, there are several key takeaways you should keep in mind. By incorporating these key points into your resume, you can help ensure that your resume stands out from the crowd and will help you secure an ideal job.
- First and foremost, it is important to ensure that your resume is well-designed and professional. Utilizing an appropriate font and a clear layout will give your resume a polished and professional look that employers will appreciate. It is also recommended to avoid including any unnecessary information, and to focus on highlighting the most relevant and important information instead.
- Next, it is important to emphasize any skills or experience that you have that are relevant to the position for which you are applying. This may include experience in customer service, data entry, computer skills, or any other office-related duties that you have performed. It is also important to demonstrate your ability to take initiative and to think critically and creatively
- Another key takeaway to keep in mind when crafting an administrative assistant resume is to ensure it is tailored to the particular job and company you are applying to. This means customizing the content of your resume to include the specific skills and experience that the employer is looking for. Additionally, this should be done in a concise and clear manner. Doing so will help show the employer that you are an ideal fit for the role.
- It is impor- It is important to ensure that your resume is well-designed and professional. Utilizing an appropriate font and a clear layout will give your resume a polished and professional look that employers will appreciate. Moreover, it is recommended to avoid including any unnecessary information, and to focus on highlighting the most relevant and important information instead. Additionally
- Finally, it is important to make sure that your resume does not contain any errors or typos. An administrative assistant resume should always be flawless, so be sure to double-check the details and proofread your resume carefully. Doing so will help demonstrate to the employer that you are detail-oriented and have an excellent sense of accuracy.
By keeping these key takeaways in mind when creating an administrative assistant resume, you will be able to create a resume that is sure to impress potential employers.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example