Are you a Document Controller by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Senior Document Controller Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Experienced Admin cum Document Controller with a demonstrated history of working in the UAE. Skilled in coordination, maintaining records, Microsoft Word, English, Adobe, and Microsoft Excel. Strong administrative skills.
- MS Word 2010 +
- MS Excel 2010 +
- Outlook 2010 +
- Provide high level administrative/secretarial services.
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events including meet, greet guests,
record and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Prepare memos, letters and presentations.
- Conduct research and analyses data to prepare reports, documents and
presentations when required.
- Organize meeting and travel plans in an efficient and structured manner as flight
booking, hotel & transport arrangement with travel agenda management.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records
management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Read and analyses incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to
determine their significance and plan their distribution. Open, sort, and distribute
incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports. Document, record
information by recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Helps in HR tasks as prepare new employee files, work permits, visas and
cancellation with the PRO and make administrative arrangements for new
employees including desks, access cards and other stationery and equipment.
- Coordinate all activities related to Document Control system, including technical documents, shop drawings, Request for information (RFI) and other related correspondences.
- Receives and stamp incoming official documents from project site and office.
- Input & Output documents data into the standard registers (log) ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date for distribution purposes.
- Ensure that controlled copies of latest approved documents are given to the appropriate employee or affiliated organization.
- Creates folders and segregates files in the system (server) for each disciplines related to Structural, Architectural and MEP for the department.
- Categorize the files based on their latest revisions, supersedes the unnecessary for safekeeping and record.
- Preparing progress reports for the submitted documents on a daily basis.
- Preparing transmittal / submittal for RFI, Shop drawings and any types of documents for official submission for project site and office.
- Ensures proper document classification, sorting, filing and proper electronic archiving.
- Scanning, image, organize and maintain hard copies of documents for record purposes.
- Typing of memo’s and letters for Projects and office.
- Supervising the site for installation of fire fighting pipes, sprinklers, equipments etc, as per DCD approved drawings.
- Allotting work to labors.
- Raising request for materials.
- Arranging space at site for materials and making sure that they are kept in a safe place.
- Was an e support officer for Time Warner Cable.
- Handeled multiple divisions such as Internet, Cable TV, Phone and e-mail.
- Under Internet, helped customers with technical issues such as no Internet connectivity, intermittent connection, slow speeds using different tools and methods.
- Under Cable, helped customers with no signal, no audio or video.
- Under Phone, helped customers with no dial tone or continuous busy tone.
- Assisted customers in paying bills from their end or through phone or online or from my end.
- Upgraded/downgraded packages on customers request.
- Helped in setting up email clients on phone or tab under POP or IMAP settings.
- Incase the issue was not resolved over call or chat then I used to send technicians as the end resolution.
Masters in Computer Science
Bachelor of Technology
2B+G+4+R Residential building located in Jumeriah Village Circle, Dubai
Consultant: Federal Engineering Consultants
Al Jadeed Holding
B+G+4+R Residential building located in Jumeriah Village Circle, Dubai
Consultant: Adnan Saffarani Engineering Consultants
2B+G+6+GYM+R, Commercial and Residential building located in Al Barari, Dubai
Consultant: Em Square Engineering Consultants
Samih Bakiri Al Tarabichi Building
B+G+4+GYM+R, Commercial and Residential building located in Al Quoz, Dubai
Consultants: CV Tech Engineering Consultants
Rose Home Investments
2B+G+10+R, Residential building located in Al Barari, Dubai
Consultants: CV Tech Engineering Consultants
Abdul Rahman Nasser Al Moufiarij Building
2B+G+4+R, Residential building located in Jumeriah Village Circle, Dubai
Consultants: CV Tech Engineering Consultants
Career Expert Tips:
- Always make sure you choose the perfect resume format to suit your professional experience.
- Ensure that you know how to write a resume in a way that highlights your competencies.
- Check the expert curated popular good CV and resume examples
How to write a Document Controller Resume?
The perfect document controller resume will stand out from the rest of the competition. It is your first step in getting a job, so you need to make it count. There are many different ways to approach your resume — but we at ResumeKraft have created a basic framework that can be easily modified for you and used as an inspiration for your own design.
A document controller resume will help you easily present all of the important information about yourself on one page. It is meant to showcase (and sell) your skills rather than your titles.
While a lot of other resumes can be generic, someone reading your resume is likely to know who you are. Your resume needs a high quality design that presents who you are and what you can do.
A Document Controller should also be able to provide management information about their sections of the company or department that they are in charge of in order to assist with decision making. You should have a strong command of the written and spoken English language, so that you can write clear, concise reports and conversationally engage with those you report to. You must be able to use effective leadership skills during meetings and when performing tasks for your superiors.
Document Controller Duties and Responsibilities:
Document Controller is a role held by multiple job titles within a company. The title of Document Controller often indicates the Job Level in which someone is considered to be their current role, from entry-level employees to senior roles.
Document Controller Key Responsibilities:
- Managing Document Compliance Documentation (e.g. Proof of Delivery, Receipt, and Sign-off)
- Managing Document Tracking as per regulatory and internal policies
- Processing documents
- Building and maintaining document indexing systems
- Capturing document control information
- Implementing document control systems
- Performing document control audits
- Document Control, Document Management, Document Distributions, Document Inventories.
- Document Controller Skills and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully the Secretary needs to be able to use good communication skills, have an analytical mind, and attention to detail. The ability to understand and apply company procedures is essential as is the ability to work under pressure.
Document Controller Job Description:
A Document Controller’s main responsibilities are to manage the company’s document tracking processes from the compliance documentation to managing internal into compliance with regulations.
Documents can be part of the efforts to implement a company’s operations and strategies and therefore a Document Controller will manage the documents to ensure that the types and volumes of documents comply with regulatory requirements as well as with company procedures.
Tips to write a Document Controller Resume Summary:
Interviewers are busy people with a lot of resumes to get through. If you want yours to stand out and be read, follow these tips. Your resume is one of the most important documents you will ever write. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and unfortunately it’s a bad one if your resume is poorly written or difficult to read
- Use clear, concise language
- Try not to use more than two fonts in your resume
- Most people can do it with one font.
- Use bullets or numbered lists for keeping your resume organized and
- Use a simple format with no photos or graphics. You don’t need to
- Have a fancy resume to get jobs that don’t require a lot of experience, some basic knowledge about computers and how to write a letter of application are all that you need.
Top 15 Must-have Document Controller Skills:
- Manage multiple projects
- Perform accurate project financial forecasting and accounting
- Provide accurate, detailed reports and status updates to team members
- Ability to accurately calculate and track project costs, budgets, and liabilities
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Work with PM-level stakeholders to identify project risks, mitigate them, or resolve them directly
- Work with PM-level stakeholders in analyzing the contract requirements for each phase of the project lifecycle
- Manage project disputes, ensuring that the actual terms of the contract are met and compliance to the terms of the contract is met
- Work with stakeholders in creating and monitoring all project documents, including RFI responses, RFIs, quote forms, change order forms, change order requests, and invoices
- Work with stakeholders in managing project changes
- Perform accurate cost tracking and analysis on a daily basis for each phase of a project’s lifecycle
- Improve and manage project quality
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that all contract documents are properly formatted
- Work with stakeholders to review and approve the content of all project documents, including RFI responses, RFIs, quote forms, change order forms, change order requests, and invoices
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that contracts are properly executed
- Work with PM-level stakeholders to develop a communication plan for each phase of a project’s lifecycle
Tips to write a Document Controller Resume with no experience:
- Choose a resume format that fits your requirements: chronological, functional, combination.
- The cover letter section must be customized for your specific needs.
- Highlight your achievements and skills in a concise manner.
- Tailor your resume just for the particular job you are applying for.
- To make your resume more appealing, use action verbs and quantify your accomplishments to make them stand out from the rest of applicants.
- Focus on key skills, qualifications and experience that are important for the job.
- Use keywords or phrases in your resume that highlight your skills and experience.
- Include a professional profile at the top of your resume.
- Add a current, active email address at the top of your resume.
- If necessary, provide additional information about yourself or a potential employer, such as salary expectations, availability and contact information.
- Include technical skills and software programs you are proficient in (Excel is often required).
Tips to write a Document Controller Cover Letter:
First and foremost, it is important that your cover letter have a personal touch. It should be clear who the letter is written to by including the company name in the salutation. The information listed should only include details from your resume rather than repeating what was already put down on paper. Avoid spelling and grammatical errors. Be sure to proofread before sending out your resume cover letter, as this may be your first chance to impress the reader with professionalism and punctuality. It should be no more than three pages, especially if you are applying to a company where there are only one or two positions available.
Make your writing easy to understand by structuring it clearly and concisely. Avoid using too many technical terms as you may not be able to explain them to the position holder. Present your skills and experience in a way that shows your knowledge, qualifications, and skills. If you are already familiar with the company in question, then make sure that you have a good understanding of its history and main growth areas.
One of the most important things to mention in your letter is an explanation of how your skills and experience make you ideal for the position. Make sure to explain why you would be a good candidate and how these skills would translate into the role that you are applying for. In addition, it is also beneficial to mention any additional benefits that you will bring to the company. This should include notable examples from previous work experience and any special skills or achievements you have achieved during your education.
- Add all relevant experience and skills to your resume
- Tailor your resume to each position you apply for
- Get feedback on your document control resume before you send it out
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Event Organizer Resume Sample
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example