Are you a Automation Test Engineer by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Automation Test Engineer CV Sample template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more CV Templates.
Automation Test Engineer
3 years of work experience as an Automation Test Engineer in an agile development environment for Web applications in IT industry. Driven professional with a broad technical skillset. Excellent communicator experienced in interpreting and implementing client requirements. Known for the ability to multi-task and juggle multiple pressing projects simultaneously, completing them on time with high quality. Thrives in environments that constantly embrace new technologies.
- Web Tools: ReactJS NodeJS JSON Bootstrap HTML5 CSS
- Test Automation: Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, BDD framework, Azure DevOps
- Bug Tracking Tool: Bugzilla, JIRA, Trello
- API Testing Tools: Postman, SoapUI, REST Assured
- CI/CD Tools: Travis CI, GitHub, Bitbucket, Jenkins
- Database Technologies: MySQL, DynamoDB
- IDE: Visual Studio, IntelliJ
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Browsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari
Automation Test Engineer
- Worked with Product Owner and senior management to design test plans and analyze business requirements.
- Proficient in automating web application testing using Selenium with BDD framework.
- Strong knowledge in web services testing via SOAP UI and Restful web services.
- Led the development and execution of automated regression test suites using Cucumber and Selenium, resulting in over 30% reduction in test execution time.
- Mentored junior testers on automation framework and the best practices for effective test case design and execution leading to increased productivity of the entire QA team.
- Worked with the Automation Test Lead to design and develop an automation framework that meets business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Monitored and maintained automated test suites through the Azure pipeline.
Automation Test Engineer
- Interacted with the developers and delivery leads to analyse business requirements and functional specifications of the project.
- Experience writing UI and API automation test scripts using Selenium, Java, Maven, and BDD framework across different projects.
- Led the GIS team by introducing automation testing and successfully executed over 350 test cases resulting in atleast 90% pass rate.
- Worked with Automation Test Lead to prepare E2E scenarios, test plan, and perform test executions.
- Performed Regression testing, Component testing, Functional testing, and Integration testing for Infor based applications in an Agile environment.
- Responsible for designing automation test cases to execute Performance Verification Test (PVT) in GIS squad contributing to the ontime delivery of every major software release.
QA Test Analyst
- Translated business requirements into technical documentation and ensured all parties had a clear and common understanding of both the business priorities and defined solution.
- Used Junit and TestNG Testing Framework as a test runner with Selenium to catch more bugs and improve quality.
- Reviewed and updated manual test cases in Azure Test Plans and created functional automation test scripts using Selenium, Gherkin, Maven, Java as per BDD testing approach.
- Experience with testing Azure DevOps APIs using tools such as Postman, and REST Assured framework.
- Designed and developed test cases and test scenarios from functional requirements, business requirements, and use cases.
- Analysed and identified potential bugs, and defects and logged them with detailed specification in Jira as they link to test cases.
- Worked extensively with SQL queries for data integrity and data validation.
- Used Jira and Confluence to manage Agile project artifacts, tasks, and documentation.
Test Analyst Intern
- Developed Automation testing scripts for online payment applications using Selenium, Cucumber, and Java.
- Performed Manual Testing using tools like Jira and postman for API testing.
- Developed, executed, and maintained automation test scripts for functional, integration, regression, and usability testing.
- Plan and execute testing e orts on assigned projects working closely with test team, stakeholders, programmers, and project managers.
- Identified and reported 50+ high-priority defects during the testing phase of a newly designed online payment application.
- Involved in logging error reports and managing testing activities for a team of 10.
Masters of Computer and Information Sciences
Bachelors of Engineering
Career Expert Tips:
Exploring the Role of an Automation Test Engineer
As technology continues to advance, the demand for skilled professionals in the field of automation testing has seen a significant rise. One such crucial role is that of an Automation Test Engineer, blending technical proficiency with a strategic mindset. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into the multifaceted responsibilities, job requirements, and essential skills that define the role of an Automation Test Engineer.
Understanding the Job Requirements for an Automation Test Engineer
Embarking on the journey to become an Automation Test Engineer involves meeting stringent requirements that form the foundation for success in this dynamic field. Let’s explore the prerequisites necessary to embrace the role:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field, showcasing a strong technical foundation.
- Proficient knowledge of automated testing tools and frameworks, demonstrating hands-on experience in the field.
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Java, or Ruby, essential for creating automated test scripts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, honed through experiences in identifying and resolving software defects.
- Effective communication skills, vital for collaborating with development teams and conveying test results to stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices, contributing to efficient testing processes.
Securing additional certifications in automation testing tools like Selenium or Appium can enhance your profile in the competitive job market.
Responsibilities of an Automation Test Engineer
The role of an Automation Test Engineer is dynamic, requiring a combination of technical expertise and strategic thinking. Let’s unravel the core responsibilities that define this role:
- Designing and developing automated test scripts to validate software functionality and identify defects.
- Collaborating with software developers to understand application features and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Implementing test automation frameworks to streamline the testing process and enhance efficiency.
- Participating in the planning and execution of automated testing phases within the software development lifecycle.
- Analyzing test results, identifying issues, and providing detailed reports to facilitate decision-making.
- Staying updated with industry best practices and emerging trends in automation testing to implement innovative solutions.
Each responsibility presents an opportunity for growth, learning, and contributing to the success of software development projects.
Automation Test Engineer CV Writing Tips
Crafting a compelling CV is crucial for landing your dream job as an Automation Test Engineer. Here are some tips to effectively showcase your skills and experiences:
- Highlight your experience with specific automated testing tools and frameworks, detailing the projects you have contributed to.
- Showcase your problem-solving skills by outlining instances where your automation efforts led to the identification and resolution of critical defects.
- Quantify your achievements by including metrics, such as the percentage improvement in testing efficiency or the number of defects detected.
- List relevant certifications and training programs, emphasizing your commitment to staying updated with industry trends.
- Personalize your CV for each application, aligning your skills and experiences with the specific requirements of the job.
Your CV is not just a document; it is a reflection of your expertise and potential as an Automation Test Engineer.
Automation Test Engineer CV Summary Examples
Your CV summary is the gateway to showcasing your career story and the value you bring to the table. Here are some examples to inspire you:
- “Experienced Automation Test Engineer with a proven track record in implementing robust testing frameworks, contributing to a 30% increase in testing efficiency.”
- “Detail-oriented Automation Test Engineer skilled in identifying and resolving software defects, ensuring the delivery of high-quality software solutions.”
- “Results-driven Automation Test Engineer with expertise in Selenium and Python scripting, committed to continuous learning and staying ahead in the testing landscape.”
Your CV summary sets the tone for the recruiter, providing a snapshot of your capabilities and achievements as an Automation Test Engineer.
Building a Strong Experience Section for Your Automation Test Engineer CV
Your experience section is the core of your CV, narrating the story of your professional journey. Here are some examples to guide you:
- “Led the automation testing efforts for a complex web application, reducing testing time by 25% and improving overall software quality.”
- “Collaborated with cross-functional teams to integrate automated testing processes into the CI/CD pipeline, ensuring rapid and reliable software delivery.”
- “Developed and maintained automated test scripts for a mobile application, resulting in a 15% reduction in post-release defects.”
Each experience is a chapter in your career story, highlighting your contributions and impact as an Automation Test Engineer.
Educational Background for Your Automation Test Engineer CV
Your educational journey forms the foundation of your career. Here’s how you can showcase your academic achievements:
- Master of Science in Software Engineering, XYZ University, a comprehensive program emphasizing advanced testing methodologies, 2018.
- Bachelor of Computer Science, ABC University, providing a strong technical foundation for a successful career in automation testing, 2015.
- Certified Automation Tester, showcasing specialized training in automation testing tools and methodologies, 2019.
Each educational qualification is a stepping stone, leading you to success in the field of automation testing.
Key Skills for Your Automation Test Engineer CV
Your skill set is your toolkit, equipped with a diverse range of tools honed over the years. Here are essential skills for an Automation Test Engineer:
- Analytical and critical thinking, essential for identifying and resolving complex software defects.
- Effective communication, facilitating collaboration with development teams and clear reporting of test results.
- Attention to detail, ensuring comprehensive test coverage and accurate reporting of defects.
- Adaptability and learning agility, staying updated with evolving automation testing technologies.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python, Java, or Ruby, crucial for creating automated test scripts.
- Hands-on experience with automation testing tools such as Selenium or Appium, demonstrating practical application of skills.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices, contributing to efficient testing processes.
Each skill is a tool, aiding you in providing exceptional testing solutions and contributing to the success of software development projects.
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Writing an Automation Test Engineer CV
As you craft your CV, avoid common pitfalls that can hinder your chances of securing your desired role. Here are some mistakes to steer clear of:
- Using a generic CV for all applications, failing to highlight your unique fit for each role.
- Focusing solely on job duties without emphasizing your achievements and impact on testing processes.
- Underestimating the importance of a well-crafted CV summary, a missed opportunity to grab the recruiter’s attention.
- Overloading your CV with technical jargon without providing context or quantifiable achievements.
- Neglecting proofreading, potentially leaving errors that could impact your professional image.
Avoiding these mistakes will help you craft a CV that effectively communicates your skills and experiences as an Automation Test Engineer.
Key Takeaways for Your Automation Test Engineer CV
As you conclude this comprehensive guide, remember these key points while crafting your Automation Test Engineer CV:
- Emphasize your experience with specific tools and frameworks, showcasing your hands-on expertise.
- Showcase your problem-solving skills through quantifiable achievements and metrics.
- Highlight your commitment to continuous learning by listing relevant certifications and training programs.
- Personalize your CV for each application, aligning your skills with the specific requirements of the job.
Finally, feel free to utilize resources like AI CV Builder, CV Design, CV Samples, CV Examples, CV Skills, CV Help, CV Synonyms, and Job Responsibilities to create a standout application and prepare for the Automation Test Engineer job interview.
Armed with these insights and tips, you are now ready to craft a CV that is a true reflection of your journey, your skills, and your aspirations. Remember, your CV is not just a document; it is a canvas where you paint your career story, a story of growth, learning, and excellence. Best of luck!
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Production Engineer Resume Sample
- Loan Officer Resume Sample
- Senior Radiation Therapist Resume Sample
- Registered Nurse Case Manager Resume Sample
- Biomedical Engineer Resume Sample
- Marine Engineer Resume Sample
- Management Analyst Resume Sample
- Occupational Therapist Resume Sample
- Senior Physical Therapist Resume Sample
- Corporate Controller Resume Sample