Are you a Chief Financial Officer by profession and looking for an exciting career? We have good news for you! use our professional Chief Financial Officer Resume Sample. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit Resume” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more resume samples.
Chief Financial Officer Resume Sample
Chief Financial Officer
Accomplished professional with 25+ years’ experience in developing and implementing strategic financial procedures and systems while establishing effective operational processes to drive business success and control costs. Proven track record of leveraging a deep understanding of key business drivers and strategic vision to identify trends, interpret results, and simplify reporting and analysis to accomplish business targets. Adept at leading and advising businesses through complex restructurings, international expansion, and capital market transactions. Demonstrated expertise in leading and motivating teams to take on new lead generation activities, improve workflow processes, and adopt new practices for securing business.
- Budget Management & Forecasting
- Budget Administration / Management
- Internal Control Implementation
- Profit & Loss (P&L) Accountability
- Risk Identification & Mitigation
- Operations Analysis / Process Redesign
- Cash Management
- Issues Identification & Resolution
- Financial Reporting
- Team Building & Leadership
Chief Financial Officer
Costco Food Industries – NewYork
Assess financial and operational progress, forecasted budget, and realized financial goals by coordinating with the finance department on a regular basis. Perform a wide range of tasks, including evaluating the office’s profit and loss, creating an annual budget, determining and demonstrating actual vs. real progress to top management on a quarterly basis, and developing processes accordingly.
Lead all operations and client service teams for providing trust administration, collateralised loan and leasing administration, and security-level investor reporting. Build strong working relationships with vendors and external accounting organisation and improve accounting and tracking systems. Update CEO on company expected progress and targeted profitability through assessing financial workflow and preparing detailed reports. Provide hands-on support by overseeing the budget preparation process from estimation to spending, developing investment strategies while analyzing cash and liquidity risk, taking appropriate actions, and reducing the impact of variances.
- Played an integral role by resolving legal issues of contractual obligations, suggesting the most appropriate solutions for maximizing revenue, decreasing cost, and compiling and generating reports.
- Realized business goals by initiating and restructuring financial operations, including executing official budgeting, ensuring efficient workflow, and monitoring and improving finance, HR, and IT processes procedures.
- Attained optimum results by updating the internal control system and restructuring financial practices accordingly.
- Arranged liquidity to control deficient material for the processing of operation and production tasks in difficult situation, including struggling for gaining bank facilities along with unstable company’s financial situation with earlier banks.
- Maximized company sales from 30 tons to 220 tons, reduced cost and strengthened position in challenging competitive market by efficiently and strategically planning in tough company circumstances.
- Improved business financial operations by enhancing collection rate of bad debts to few senior clients through initiating a strong financial control system for all items of exchange and redeveloping a financial management structure, in position of low amount of salaries placed in the projected budget.
Chief Financial Officer
NMC Food Grade Plastics Industries – Texas
Achieved business targets by supervising all operations of treasury operations, including six functional areas, such as cash management, bank relations, money transfer, treasury reconciliation, large transactions, and accounts payable/receivable in a professional manner.
Scrutinised all investment transactions and cash flows, directed department strategies and approaches, managed and forecasted annual budget, improved cash flows for establishing payments strategies in adherence to company standards and guidelines. Acted as a main person to contact for management and resolution of all internal and external audit matters and issues. Ensured on-time and accurate preparation of financial statements and reports by streamlining accounting procedures. Collaborated with budget holders and line managers to formulate annual budget and administer cash flow.
- Safeguarded company assets and finances by executing effective actions for operations to maintain confidentiality of accounting information and protection of assets, such as implementing corrective measures and removing and distinguishing fraud.
- Met cost proposals and exceeded business growth goals by initiating effective accounting and contracting rules and evaluating financial information for agreement negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Provision of regular cash flow information to assist the Company in plan payments.
- Development, implementation and operation of systems and procedures to ensure the integrity of accounting information and safe custody of assets, including procedures to eliminate and detect fraud or theft of company assets.
Chief Financial Officer
Packaging Integration Solutions – Florida
Amplified company revenues by 300% in just three years by guiding and leading teams towards successful achievement of new clients and enlarged account penetration.
Supported business in surpassing growth targets by tracking product cost, controlling expenses, and determining plant performance through supervising accounting cost while utilising designed criteria for analysing cost and expenses budget. Guided and educated management on spending decision and business trends by measuring and estimating business financial standing. Maintained adequate amount of funds to fulfill operational and capital investment needs. Generated and submitted exact profit and loss statement on month-end while meeting deadlines by improving reporting system. Monitored financial operations of various plants and businesses and compiled monthly, quarterly, and annual closing reports with utmost dedication towards business success.
- Augmented company profit-margins by envisioning, executing a new product/business in challenging market through analysing competitor strategies, forecasting financial projections, developing and implementing current and long-term business plans, negotiating vendor agreements, and introducing new systems for product management.
- Fostered the performance of cost accounting team by leading and mentoring members towards on-time forecasts, completing delivery, efficient preparation of month-end reports, and variance evaluation.
- Accelerated product line profit margins and minimized SG&A expenses and headcount to pitch continuous success to business.
Chief Financial Officer
Dukes International – Washington DC
Create the company business plan, enhancement budget and planning procedures for the company’s projects, complying with Dukes -UK planning guidelines and rules compiling with Egyptian market-led.
Establish the company starting the necessary governmental documents. Assets HR and IT departments through hiring the employees and officers for the finance and administration department. Maintain the company’s projects monthly progress report according to a percentage of complications. Implemented a monthly financial and management reporting process resulting in a more timely, accurate and detailed reporting package for use by executive management and board of directors in the strategic management of the organization
- Participating with the Top Management for the Reformation process of the company.
- Establish and follow up all necessary financial and budget reporting systems to allow a better view of the company’s financial position i.e.:
- Monthly reporting the company’s running projects.
- Monthly, quarterly financial reporting to UK & Abu Dhabi (UAE).
- Identified and monetized 50% reduction in labor costs in large projects; further working to convert significant fixed cost base to a variable wherever possible to sustain profitability in the erratic local operating environment.
- Implemented a cash forecasting model that resulted in an increased investment capture rate of 26.91% and that improved overall effectiveness by 10.1%.
- Reviewing all formal finance, HR and IT related procedures.
Bachelor of Accounting and Business Administration
Faculty of Commerce • New York University
Career Expert Tips:
Chief Financial Officer Resume with Writing Guide
In this article, we provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to write the perfect Chief Financial Officer Resume. From the opening paragraph to the closing sentence, we outline all of your best options and advise you on a timeline that’ll get your resume noticed. Best of all? You don’t have to worry about hiring managers trying not to sound too demanding or HR professionals wondering about their value. This just might be one of those rare instances in which somebody is asking you for help.
First, you’ll need some background information. If you have experience in the industry you’re applying to, highlight that experience by outlining your qualifications in a few short paragraphs. You can include a few mnemonics so people can remember who you are. This is also the perfect opportunity to let people know about any awards or accolades you might have received along the way as an employee or a volunteer.
Chief Financial Officer Resume Writing Guide:
- Write a five-sentence paragraph that summarizes your skills
- Add a one-sentence overview of your personality
- Devote a section to outlining your education and accomplishments in school
- Demonstrate knowledge of the company by referencing their mission statement and current goals or initiatives in a brief two-sentence paragraph
- Summarize your work history in three to four sentences with a mnemonic to help people remember who you are
- Write a one-sentence paragraph about your current position and company
- Detail your duties, responsibilities, and achievements over the past year
- Explain how a new position at the company would be beneficial for everyone involved in two sentences
- Close with an affirmation of your interest in the position and company and a call to action for an interview (optional)
- Add a one-sentence paragraph about any relevant skills and experience you might have not highlighted in the previous sections that are relevant to the position
- Add a two to three sentence description of your hobbies or interests
- Remind yourself to add an acknowledgement of prior work in the industry (this will help you feel confident going into the interview)
List of Typical Responsibilities For a Chief Financial Officer Resume:
- Oversee the financial activities of the firm, including budgeting, and developing and implementing financial goals.
- Monitor the company’s financial performance using accounting records, research reports, and company projections to make informed economic decisions related to strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, investments and divestitures.
- Communicate with government agencies as well as investors and other outside groups such as unions or lobby groups to ensure compliance with all relevant national laws.
- Ensure that the company does not overspend on financial obligations and that the financial goals are achieved.
- Ensure that all accounting records are kept up-to-date and that financial statements meet generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) requirements.
- Analyze purchasing trends and present expenditure priorities to the firm’s management for approval or alteration.
- Work with the company’s auditors to ensure accurate records.
- Compile and analyze financial data, using such methods as ratios and percentages, to evaluate profit margins, evaluate yields or losses or analyze company performance in relation to competitors.
- Oversee the development of new product lines and assess potential for success in local or international markets.
Top 10 Must-have Chief Financial Officer Skills:
- Project Management
- Financial Analysis
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Business Improvement
Tips to write a Chief Financial Officer Resume Summary:
- Use a mixture of your work experience, skills, and awards and recognitions from your previous positions.
- Avoid using “to be” verbs in the summary section.
- Make sure you highlight accomplishments and achievements that show your skills and abilities.
- Try not to use too much industry jargon in the summary section of a Chief Financial Officer Resume .
- Mention your great leadership abilities, if relevant for the job you’re applying for.
- Keep the summary section short and concise.
- Be sure to mention your education, skills, and achievements in the summary section of a Chief Financial Officer Resume .
How to write a Chief Financial Officer Resume with No experience:
- Organize your thoughts. Brainstorm a list of your skills, abilities, and accomplishments in an area that relates to Chief Financial Officer Resume. You can use a spreadsheet or writing document to help organize your thoughts.
- List all of your skills from most relevant to least relevant for Chief Financial Officer Resume based on the job advertisement and job description (see Step 1 for specific details). Don’t overestimate your skill level! Use action words to clearly describe yourself.
- Give each section of your resume a clear and relevant title that will make it easy for the hiring manager to see what you have done.
- Begin each description with an action verb that describes your responsibility in the position or activity.
- Use numbers and percentages whenever possible to quantify your accomplishments and results.
- List your professional achievements and work-related skills, awards, portfolios, projects, responsibilities, and so on from most impressive to least impressive in reverse chronological order (most recent achievements at the top).
How to write a Chief Financial Officer Cover Letter:
- Position Overview. In essence, this description of your qualifications is what gets you noticed in the first place. More importantly, it’s the place to make your case that you are the person selected for the job.
- Statement of objectives or goals. This is a critical piece of information to provide on your cover letter which can be as short as one sentence or as long as a paragraph depending on what suits your needs best — in both cases, it should be relatively brief. A brief description of what you would like to accomplish in the position will help the employer picture how you might fit into the company’s future plans.
- Profile of your employment skills. In this part of your resume cover letter, you provide a brief description of why you are a perfect match for the position. This could include highlights on education and experience, description of your employment goals, etc., as appropriate to your particular resume cover letter needs.
- How do you want to be contacted? This is a very important part of your cover letter and should include two parts: the e-mail address followed by how you would like your contact information to be delivered. For example, if you are interested in a position as an Operations Manager with XYZ Company, you might list as follows:
- Contact information.
- Have a cover letter to accompany your resume.
- Keep the resumes and cover letters short (less than one page each).
- Be concise, organized, and well-written.
- Use action verbs in your resume cover letter to show that you have the qualifications for the job description.
- Focus on what skills, abilities, and achievements you possess, that will help you meet the requirements of the job posting or job description!