Are you a Event Organizer by profession and looking for a career change? We have good news for you! use our job-winning professional Event Organizer Resume template. You don’t have to start writing from scratch. Just click “Edit CV” and modify it with your details. Update the template fonts and colors to have the best chance of landing your dream job. Find more Resume Templates.
A senior professional Event Organizer years of experience in convocation progaramming design and development with an innovative concept to the next evolutionary phase. Having a strong communication, leadership, and musical background. I am driven by roles that will leverage my strengths in a choriograph experience.
Graduate Assistant for Major Campus Programming
University of Kentucky
- Coordinated and executed a campus‐wide event called Study Fest engaging over 400 students within the student
- Collaborated with campus partners for campus‐wide events and attend partnership meetings weekly
- Assisted in the planning and facilitation for a three day campus‐wide event called Labor Stay and managed a $20,000 budget
- Implemented a new digital application for Homecoming Royalty candidates to make it more accessible for students at the University of Kentucky which resulted in the largest Homecoming applicant pool
- Coordinated the scoring process for Homecoming Royalty
- Created and implemented an overarching social media content calendar that integrated the brand standards of the Office of Student Organizations and Activities and managed all social media accounts
- Created videos using Adobe premiere pro, Adobe After Effects and iMovie and created social media posts using Canva following brand guidelines
University of Kentucky
- Supervised over 200 students per class
- Helped the professor by grading exams and papers
- Aided students with understanding the content in class
- Maintained class records and provided academic feedback
- Presented captivating sales pitches in order to convert clients to Lane Bryant Credit Cards
- Promoted Lane Bryant through customer interaction by advising clients on clothing choices to facilitate more sales and a high touch customer service experience
- Adapted to store and management needs based on daily landscape
- Facilitated opening and closing store duties
- Completed the count and balancing of the cash drawer for opening and closing duties
Paul Miller Ford
- Created weekly social media posts (Ex. Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
- Promoted Paul Miller Ford at community building events (ex. Race for the Cure, Big Blue Madness, Kentucky home Football games)
- Managed a booth at community events and completed intake forms for potential new clients
- Conducted market research and presented weekly to leadership
- Gathered and filed leads from events onto the Excel database
- Collaborated on a team of six members
Bachelor of Arts in Communication with a focus in Business and Organizational Communication
San Jose State University
Master of Arts in Communication
Anticipated graduation 05/2020
Career Expert Tips:
What Should Be Included In A Event Organizer Resume?
A well-crafted event organizer resume should be concise, organized and highlight the key skills and experiences that you bring to the table. It should include any relevant certifications, licenses, or other qualifications that make you a desirable candidate. Additionally, it should outline your core competencies, such as experience in event planning and management, budgeting, and customer service. It should also list any related experience, such as working in the hospitality or events industry, and any special awards or recognition you have received. Finally, it should provide a quick, but comprehensive overview of your professional background. The overall goal of an event organizer resume is to demonstrate your ability to plan and manage successful events.
An event organizer resume should include your contact information, a summary of your skills and qualifications, and a detailed list of your event planning experience, including the types of events you have planned, any special projects you have managed, your knowledge of budgeting, and your customer service skills. It should also list any related experience, such as working in the hospitality or events industry, and any special awards or recognition you have received. Additionally, it should demonstrate any relevant hard and soft skills that you have acquired
What Skills Should I Put On My Resume For Event Organizer?
.When applying for an Event Organizer role, it’s important to highlight your key skills and abilities to demonstrate why you’re the ideal candidate. Event planning requires an array of skills, from interpersonal and organizational skills to time management and problem-solving. Here are some of the top skills and qualities you should consider including on your Event Organizer resume:
Organizational Ability: Event planning requires an immense amount of organization and planning. You’ll need to be able to manage multiple tasks, juggle deadlines and prioritize important tasks.
Interpersonal Skills: Event planning requires you to work with clients, vendors and other stakeholders. Having strong interpersonal skills, such as communication and negotiation, will be essential to ensure that the events are successful.
Time Management: Event planning is often a time-sensitive process, with a lot of tasks that need to be completed by specific deadlines. Being able to manage your time, prioritize tasks, and remain organized will be key to success.
Problem-Solving: Being able to identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently is an important part of being an Event Organizer. Being able to think on your feet and come up with creative solutions to potential issues is essential.
Leadership: An Event Organizer is often responsible for leading a team of staff and vendors to ensure that the event runs smoothly. Having strong leadership skills will be key in this role.
Creativity: Creativity is an important skill for Event Organizers. You’ll need to come up with creative ideas and solutions to ensure that the event is a success.
What Is The Job Description Of The Event Organizer?
Event organizers are responsible for managing and coordinating the planning and execution of special events. This includes everything from setting up venues, developing a budget and coordinating vendors, to advertising the event, managing the day-of operations, and evaluating the event’s overall success.
The job responsibilities of an event organizer are vast and may vary based on the size and scope of the event. Generally, they must have the ability to multi-task and the flexibility to think on their feet. They must have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to establish relationships with vendors and industry contacts.
The event organizer must be able to develop a budget and marketing plan, secure vendors and venues, and manage the event’s staff and volunteers. On the day of the event, they must be able to coordinate the logistics and oversee the setup, as well as ensure the safety of the guests and staff. Following the event, the event organizer may be responsible for follow-up activities, such as post-event surveying and evaluation.
Overall, the role of an event organizer is critical in ensuring that events run smoothly and that attendees have a positive experience. It is a highly rewarding job for those who are passionate about event management and have the skills necessary to ensure success.
What Is A Good Objective For A Event Organizer Resume?
Writing an effective objective for an event organizer resume can be a challenging task. A well-written and concise objective statement can help you stand out from the competition and show potential employers that you have the necessary qualifications for the job.
When writing your objective statement, you should focus on the type of events you want to work on and the experience and skills you possess that will be beneficial to the employer. For example, if you’re an experienced event organizer, your objective might be to “utilize my five years of experience in event organizing to help XYZ Company create successful events that exceed expectations.” This shows potential employers that you have the experience and knowledge to help them achieve their goals.
You should also emphasize the unique qualities that you offer, such as creativity, problem solving skills, and organizational abilities. These qualities can set you apart from other applicants and demonstrate that you have what it takes to handle the demands of the job. For example, if you have a knack for creating innovative, out-of-the-box ideas, you can emphasize this in your objective statement.
Finally, make sure to include a few details about the types of events you have experience with, such as corporate conferences, fundraising events, or entertainment shows. This shows employers that you have the necessary knowledge and experience to help them plan their event.
By following these tips, you can create an effective and impactful event organizer resume objective statement that will help you stand out from the competition and capture the attention of potential employers.
What Are 7 Responsibilities Of A Event Organizer?
Event organizers are responsible for ensuring that events run smoothly and successfully. Their job duties are varied, but some of the most important responsibilities they must fulfill include project management, budgeting, setting timelines, recruiting and managing volunteers, and maintaining good communication with event sponsors.
Project management is a key role for an event organizer. They must manage the development and execution of the event from start to finish. This includes establishing goals and objectives, creating a budget, hiring vendors and contractors, and setting up projects to meet deadlines. Event organizers must also coordinate with other departments or teams to ensure that everything goes according to plan.
- Developing and managing event budgets: You need to ensure that the event is within budget and that any additional costs are kept to a minimum.
- Identifying and contracting with vendors: This includes finding the right vendors to provide the necessary services for the event and negotiating contracts with them.
- Planning event logistics and activities:. This includes everything from selecting a venue, setting up equipment, and managing the registration process.
- Promoting and marketing the event: This includes creating promotional materials and engaging with stakeholders, such as media and attendees.
- Managing the event budget: This involves negotiating with vendors, tracking expenses, and ensuring the event stays within budget.
- Executing the event: This includes setting up the venue, running the event, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Evaluating and reporting on the event: This involves assessing the success of the event and providing feedback on what went well and what could be improved
Finally, event organizers must maintain good communication with event sponsors. This includes responding to inquiries and providing updates on the progress of the event. Event organizers must also ensure that sponsors are satisfied with the services provided and the results of the event. Volunteers should also be informed of their roles and responsibilities throughout the event and should be given clear instructions and guidance on how to carry out their tasks. Event organizers must also be prepared to handle any issues or complaints that may arise and should be prepared to take any necessary measures to address them.
What Are The Career Prospects In The Event Organizer?
Event organizer roles are increasingly in demand in today’s challenging job market. Those who choose to pursue a career in event organization can look forward to a wide range of job opportunities, from creating and executing one-time events to working with companies to design special events. With the right qualifications and skills, event organizers can find positions in venues, event planning firms, and even work as freelancers.
Event organizers are responsible for coordinating all the details that go into the planning and execution of events. They must be organized and have excellent communication skills to manage different aspects of the event, from budgeting to dealing with vendors. They must also possess an eye for detail and creativity to ensure the event meets the client’s expectations.
Event organizers must also have a thorough understanding of the local laws and regulations relevant to the event. They must be able to develop and maintain good relationships with vendors, clients and other stakeholders to ensure the event is a success. Event organizers must also be able to work well under pressure and have the ability to think on their feet to handle any unexpected issues that may arise.
The job outlook for event organizers is positive, with steady growth expected thanks to the increasing demand for events and the need for more event planners. As the need for events continues to rise, skilled event organizers will find plenty of opportunities to use their expertise and creativity to create amazing experiences for their clients.
Check Other Great Resumes:
- Account Executive Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Sales Manager Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Data Scientist Resume Example (Writing Guide)
- Accounts Receivable Supervisor Resume Example
- Dentist Resume Example with Writing Guide
- Software Developer Resume Example
- Radio Frequency Engineer Resume Example
- Senior Technical Manager Resume Sample
- Laboratory Assistant Resume Example
- Digital Marketing Manager Resume Sample